Rex Ryan's Approval Rating After 7 Weeks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETS1116, Oct 23, 2013.

?

Do you approve Rex's coaching after 7 weeks?

1. Yes

194 vote(s)
    85.1%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    8.8%
  3. I'm a Fence Sitter

14 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Not even going to answer this one.

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Really?

Just curious, what about all the rude bad word name calling in all the other threads? Is this a rule?

3. Mitch_Dumstein

not enough, I guess, for you to be the solitary NO vote

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Falco, we're cracking down on name calling and that means you'll have to find another way to hurl insults when frustrated.. Its always been the rule here but now, we're looking more closely at it. Yeah, we're even banning folks that get out of hand with it too.

Hope that helps.

5. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Can we stop with the 2-5 non-sense
    Life doesn't exist in a vacuum

Everything effects everything else
    if the jets lose @ TB, (Assuming that in the 7 secs left they don't do something to get a win), maybe they beat NE the next week. Maybe they lose to Buf but beat Tenn.

Fom all accounts, it looks like Rex had something up his sleeve regarding the penalty, so you have to factor that in. Maybe he knew the officials were going to call it. Maybe that's why he went for the 56 yarder instead of punting BTW.

6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Show me one HC that doesnt make a poor decision occasionally, has a perfect challenge record, is a guru in all phases of the sport and doesnt come under fire when the team is losing. There is no such thing as a perfect coaching career, there would be no 10 score. Not even Bill Walsh.

Is he doing a good job with the roster at his disposal? Id say yes.

7. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

Anyways, @Cman55, I didn't think it would be this one sided at this point (52-0-0). It's not like we are 6-1 or 7-0. I went into this season thinking we were a 10-6 football team, and that the media got carried away with the whole circus talk, which influenced the whole league, most who don't watch Jets games, that we were a bad team.

We have a stacked defense that has 6 out of 11 defensive starters being former 1st round picks. I thought Ivory, Howard, Colon and Kerley were very underrated, and that Hill was going to take a big step. Obviously, it was all dependent on how Geno could perform.

Anyways, at 4-3, I guess most people weren't as optimistic as I and are thrilled at our record (which I'm still thrilled with btw).

Should Rex be given an extension mid-season? I'm curious if this would impact the team in a positive way?

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I have said it before and I will say it again- Rex is the best thing to happen to this franchise in my lifetime. I think last year was his best coaching job and he is following that up w/ another great job. This doesn't mean he is flawless b/c obviously he has his issues but I am happy with him and want him to coach for many more years here.

9. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

And my vote makes 60-0-0 for yes.

10. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Not arguing with ya brotha, just checking in on what the rules are.

11. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

12. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

I voted "yes" as well.

Just a quick sidebar. While cunterfactual analysis isn't devoid of value, it shouldn't greatly affect our evaluations of facts. As long the NFL doesn't including asterisk or style points for wins, the entire "gift" win notion lacks any kind of validity. (Hell, the NFL doesn't even put asterisks or revoke wins/titles in the face of blatant cheating.) That is to say, it's not valid to say that Ryan has done a horrible job coaching the Jets because their 4-3 record could easily be 2-5. By the same logic, the Jets could have been 0-7. Or 7-0. Certainly, my vote would be different if things weren't working out -- imagine if Antonio Allen got absolutely burnt in single cover on Gronk this weekend. But these things have worked out so he does get my vote.

Rex hasn't been perfect, by any means -- just look at the Pittsburgh game plan (was there one?!). But he's earned my vote by developing the young talent and working with mgmt to, at least seemingly, change the culture inside of One Jets Way.

13. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Word brah.

14. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

I think your logic is just plain wrong. So because the Pats get a lot of calls, should we have to beat them by at least 10 in order for it to classify as a "real win"? I get the TB. We didn't play that well and we got saved. This time, we dominated the game. If we lost the game, most would say we outplayed the Pats. We outplayed them, and we won the game. If McCourty doesn't swan dive in the endzone, we win without the game going to OT.

NE just went 3 and out and their offense had been miserable after the first half. Who's to say they would've drove down the field if the penalty wasn't called?

After all the bad luck we had last year, we deserved some good luck. That came in the TB game. We were not lucky in the most recent Pats game. We dominated.

15. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

sign this beast!

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Nuestro amado jefe! And please no extension until the chill winds of December have come and gone with a Fin trophy and at least two other wins.

17. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

:eek:hmy: ' i am shoicked, shocked to find out that there is gambling going on in this establishment' (casablanca)

wow, even junc is on board.........:beer:

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I have never wavered in my support of Rex. he made us relevant.

19. Cman68

I haven't said those wins weren't real Matt. Both wins are exactly that and that's what history will show for 2013. The only stat that really counts is the score the end of regulation. Not TOP, not the TO battle, just the score at the end of regulation. It comes in only 3 flavors: win/lose or OT. In our case, it was OT. We were even after 4 qtrs no matter what the TOP stat says.

If Folk makes the 56yd FG, this conversation isn't happening is it. Why? because the penalty would have been meaningless and the Jets win in OT. Folk misses but the penalty is called against the Patriots. Sorry, but that is such a rarity that it cannot be discounted or ignored. It wasn't the Jet's execution that got Folk his second chance. It was the Patriots not knowing the rules and finally, after all these years, get a crucial game changing call go against them. For once, the Jets were on the good side of the shaft.

Yeah, I'm calling them penalty wins but that doesn't mean they're any less wins. Sometimes teams get a break and this year, the Jets have been uncharacteristically lucky.

Enjoy it while we can. :beer:

20. Cman68

Not a problem Falco. Just trying to keep it bright and shiny. :beer: