Rex Ryan's Approval Rating After 4 Weeks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETS1116, Oct 7, 2013.

?

Do you approve Rex's coaching after 4 weeks?

1. Yes

90 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    6.8%
  3. I'm a Fence Sitter

19 vote(s)
    16.2%
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

yet Rex has more playoff wins since 2009 than BB and whipped BB in the lone head to head matchup in postseason.

2. Skeptable

Skeptable New Member

Way to cherry pick stats... I am not saying that Belicheck is the greatest, but he wins the division nearly every year, whether its Brady or not, we can argue till we are blue in the face. He almost won the division with Matt Cassel and got 11 wins... He set up a system that won. And again, I am not arguing that All head coaches make mistakes... because they do.... THEY JUST DON'T KEEP REPEATING THEM...

I hate Belicheck. I hate how he cheated to win. I hate Brady and think that he is a smart guy masked by a very well developed system.

Rex hasn't had the greatest luck, He has to stop making mental errors... 5 years in the league is far too long to continue with his mistakes. He needs to show he can coach this year. And to tell you the truth, he has only done ok... better than average, but not an elite HC.

He lost his locker room not once but twice in back to back years. He had his team quit on him. That can be blamed on Rex. Mental mistakes, on Rex. Media scrutiny, on Rex.

3. Skeptable

Skeptable New Member

Look at Bobby Cox with the Braves... He didn't always win the World Series, but he won the division every year. End of the line, Belicheck and Brady have still gone to more superbowls than we have since 2009... Hell, since 2011... Look at you, you have me arguing for the pats... that is disgusting... The love for Rex is fine... I like him a lot too... but he is not even close to an elite or top HC.... top HCs win, regardless of what is around them.

And have you noticed how the Jets D Since Rex is Head Coach cannot close a game.... case in point the two AFC championship games... If the defense shows up we are in the superbowl...

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He wins the division nearly every year BECAUSE OF TOME BRADY.

I see mistakes all the time, whether he is repeating them or not I'm not sure- what mistakes would rex be repeating?

how did he lose his LR last year? and the LR stuff in 2011 was overblown, we lost and the team was pissed. Last year Rex did his best coaching job w/ the healthy talent he had to work with.

He made the SB b/c of Brady, Bobby Cox won all those div titles b/c of the starting pitching. he wasn't very good w/o those guys and BB was awful w/o Brady.

I agree w/ the last part, we have blown way too many late leads as a defense.

if top HCs win regardless of what is around them then how come BB hasn't won anything w/o Brady?

BB w/o Brady(7 seasons, 1991-1995 Browns, 2000 & 2008 Pats):
    52-60
    1 playoff app
    1 playoff win(at home in WC rd)
    zero title game apps

Rex:(4 seasons)
    34-30
    2 playoff apps
    4 playoff wins(4 road playoff wins)
    2 title game apps

5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Have we played to our talent level or better, yeah. I like what Ryan has done so far, but he's definitely had his hiccups. This next stretch of games shows if he can coach up the team to pull off a couple true upsets, not media upsets.

6. Brandon Moore's Butt

Brandon Moore's Butt Active Member

I believe in Rex for this team. Certainly more than I believe in 'Coach X' taking the reins.

Like many others, I want to see a Jets team under Rex with at least adequate QB play and whether Geno's the one or not that could take time.
    Enjoying this season, but I'm anxious to see what sort of moves we make this offseason
    (hopefully some much needed skill players, one or two defensive pieces, and maybe one of the QB's from this highly touted class that slip through the cracks.)

I feel it would be more fair to see how he does with his defense and a few offensive weapons for MM to wield as well.