Rex Ryan's Approval Rating After 4 Weeks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETS1116, Oct 7, 2013.

?

Do you approve Rex's coaching after 4 weeks?

1. Yes

90 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    6.8%
  3. I'm a Fence Sitter

19 vote(s)
    16.2%
  1. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Agreed Reid has always been a top coach and is proving it again this year.

2. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Jim Harbaugh is suddenly looking like an average HC in the league. Kapernick is coming back down to earth and suddenly the 49'ers doesn't look like such a powerhouse.

If the Ravens don't pull it together, John will look the same way. As much as I want to see him die in a fire, can't disagree with Bellicheat there. Sean Peyton deserves that top spot. The Saints "ain't" last year without him and now they look like an unstoppable force.

Taking off the green glasses, if Rex isn't top 5, he's in position 6. As other posters have said, you give Rex a QB that can execute the game plan he wants (e.g. Trent Dilfer, Alex Smith) and he will have multiple Lombardi's.

No coach in this league gets more out of scrub players than him.

3. Skeptable

Skeptable New Member

I am sorry, and I hate to prove you wrong but winning head coaches do not have these pointless mental errors. Belicheck would NEVER let that happen as well as many other top tier coaches.

Even if they do they tend not to make the mistake again and you see Rex repeating the same errors over and over. Granted there has been improvement, but not enough... He is a Mediocre Head Coach and one of the best Defensive Coordinators. Even Peyton Manning could Head Coach better than Rex. You see him tell Knowshawn to NOT SCORE at the end of that game... that is smart.. Rex would never do that and for that he will never be a top HC.

4. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

One could argue that list could be arranged in any order,as far as Rex goes he is not top five but in my opinion may crack the top 10,he absolutely does get the most out of nothing to an extent.You want a coach players are willing to take a bullet for!

5. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Rex

When Rex decided to coach the defense he really sealed his fate. No GM wants a coach who is only on one side of the ball. An NFL coach today must coach the coaches, motivate the players and handle the media. He also must have a strong relationship with his QB. It's a good thing his name is Smith because Rex may forget it.
    Unless he takes a new role as a real head coach he will not be rehired.

6. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

The Jets have always been a low penalized team since Rex became HC. Also, the talent level on the D is much better than the Offense. High turnovers have been a result of a QB who couldn't stop making rookie mistakes and now, a very green rookie.

7. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

No matter what happens this season (unless the defense shits the bed) Rex deserves 1 more year...assuming we finish with a too 5 defense....we literally have no offensive talent and we need next years draft and free agency to give us more weapons on offense...it will be fairer to judge him given we don't have an afl offense...considering 2-2 at this point soon to be 2-3 what else can you do? ...obviously cut down penalties

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

How was BB doing before Brady? if you watched BB every week you'd see him make errors- this is a man who went for it on 4th down from his 20 something yd line a couple of years ago.

Rex is mediocre, sanchez sucks, Tannenbaum sucked- how in the world do we have the 3rd most playoff wins and most title game apps since Rex became a HC?

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

So far this year, it seems that trait has deserted us. To avoid rehashing a thoroughly debated point regarding Rex and his penchant to be defense-centric at the expense of the other units on the team, It will come down to what Idzik wants in his HC. Rex has two years left on his contract so arguing "walk the plank" scenarios really is fruitless as he will serve his contract. Any possible extension comes next year at the soonest.

10. NewYorkEveryThing

Every one of those coaches have a franchise QB and boat loads of talent Rex can only dream of having. Look at kubiak's team ? How is he still in texas? Give Rex the texans HC job and I bet he wins at least 1 title.

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Not with Schaub at QB.

12. NewYorkEveryThing

True. They could have had P.manning and past . ??

13. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Have you seen the injuries they've sustained? It's amazing that team is still likely going to make the playoffs. Their WRs corps is arguably worse than ours.

84 Baldwin, Jon (meh)
    81 Boldin, Anquan (solid but isn't a deep threat)
    13 Harper, Chris (WHO?)
    19 Moore, Marlon (WHO?)
    14 Osgood, Kassim (JAG)
    11 Patton, Quinton (????)
    10 Williams, Kyle (replacement level, maybe)

Vernon Davis has also been on and off injury and their defensive line is banged up. And oh by the way, Kapernick has only been a starting QB since week 10 of last year, that's not a long time.

Harbaugh is still a top 3 coach in the NFL.

14. nyjunc

Boldin is better than anyone we have and they also have Vernon davis and Frank Gore. Not the Broncos weapons but certainly pretty damn good and better than what we have but I do agree he is probably the best coach in the game.

15. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Gore is rapidly declining. His YPC has fallen off a cliff since the second half of last season. Kendall Hunter is going to see more and more work as this season progresses I think. Boldin is damn solid, but those other guys are cringe-worthy.

16. Mitch_Dumstein

Hopefully he gets the five year extension he deserves by mid season

17. nyjunc

I haven't watched every snap but I saw him last night and he looked pretty good, he's averaging 4.8 YPC which is damn good. I can't properly evaluate based solely on that # but it gives us a decent look so w/ him, Boldin and Davis they have a really nice trio of weapons.

18. Skeptable

Skeptable New Member

Whoa, seriously, I have seen almost every Pats game... I live in Boston... please don't start with tossing out stats before Brady, because like I said earlier... He Learned FROM HIS MISTAKES.... He Didn't repeat them... Rex continually repeats them, many times over...

Listen, I want Rex to be the answer... I really do, and I hope he stays here and learns to coach better... but seriously he is not in the discussion for best HC. He can coach up a defense with the best of the best. But He isn't there yet...

Maybe he gets there but please don't start telling me that every coach makes stupid mental errors like him, because the good ones don't. And certainly don't repeat them over and over.

19. Skeptable

Skeptable New Member

Sanchez was mishandled and could have been good, but we know now that he probably shouldn't have started out of the gate and now has been ruined much in the same tune as a David Carr.

Tannenbaum made good moves and bad... he had back to back years of horrible draft picks and was fired for it... I don't blame Johnson for that... But that said Tannenbaum has drafted WAY Better than Belicheck. But again it hasn't equated to wins.

How many times has this franchise won more than 11 games... Once... Come on now... Lets be real. Even the Falcons with Michael Vick have done that.

20. nyjunc

I think he developed into a really good HC b/c Brady bought him time but he has been a huge favorite the last 2 SBs and lost, his Ds have always collapsed in big spots(in NE). W/o Brady he'd be a DC somewhere.

The 4th down play was a few years ago, how did he learn from it? I see head scratching moves from the guy nearly every time I watch NE. You can be more daring when you have the best QB of this generation to make up for it. rex's mistakes get magnified b/c he doesn't have that player(though when they met in the biggest game btw the 2 coaches Rex badly outcoached Belichick and we won convincingly in NE).

EVERY coach makes dumb mistakes from time to time.