Rex Ryan: "Don't ever compare this guy to me"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Nov 15, 2021.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

They can, yes. I remember how well the 2009 and 2010 teams played and how exciting they were. I also clearly remember why they played so well, and most fans give Rex way too much credit.

Wahoo likes this.
  2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Rex comments as a blow hard sportscaster were a clear reflection of his idiotic over inflated ego, with his butt MASSIVELY hurt for the comparison. It has nothing to do about Saleh and everything to do about his over megalomaniac mind set. Coming from a guy that will be remembered more for his stupid comments "like I'm not kissing BB rings" than he did as a short term blip HC. Two teams, both ended in failures, and now he reverts to what he is best at...talking about how great he was and trashing the comparisons. Frankly, he is not good enough to kiss BB rings for a run at great HC material.
    Truth be known, the further away he got from motivating early on Mangini's hand pick team, and bringing in his own blend of players the worst the team got. He was blessed by a season where mediocracy under Sanchez and a solid D was sufficient to squeeze him into the playoffs. On his first two years he had a far better team Saleh could ever hope for. After that he spiraled down and showed his lack of leadership in spades. His landing in Buffalo was a dismal failure. He has a solid defensive mind but little leadership qualities , an un-sophisticated blow hard that professes to be a top HC.
    He is right about one thing for sure, the comparison should have never taken place, there are far better coaches to use for that, in fact most everyone.

#162 LAJet, Nov 17, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Spot on! Excellent post!

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Rex, folks either love him or hate him, there is no in between. I agree why is he is making it personal with Salah. I want to say because he is passionate about the Jets. I have no problem with that. Believe me Salah deserves all the criticism. We suck historically, ESP on D. But he is rookie coach, so need to cut some slack. But I think Rex went to far. But he did make headlines, and that’s what he is paid to do!!!

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

True indeed...one of Rex's greatest talents is making headlines for his comments. I do not dismiss that Saleh deserves a lot of criticism, but it was unwarranted for him to make it personal, and without highlighting at least some of the mitigating circumstances and the talent of the D. In fact I seem to recall another occasion when we got blown away by Buffalo and it was under Rex's leadership with much better personnel.

6. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

I disagree on the slack part. Under Salehs watch, this defense is the worst this franchise has ever seen. Rookie HC or not, he comes from a defensive background and he needs to own this and make improvements. If this defense is still dead last and setting records by year end, this team needs to consider changes. If not the head coach, then a new DC next year.

7. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Maybe I was being too nice! Lol. This team is historically bad, might be even worse than gase. Do we really have less talent than last year? If not it falls on coaching, and we all know what gase was. What does that make Salah?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REVISion likes this.
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Much as I hate to say it... @Ralebird has the proper take on this.

I work in sports television and I can guarantee the producers are positively gleeful that this story gained traction nationally.

9. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

we live in an age of clickbait - every show is looking for controversy and drama - the last thing they want is considered, rational, views

ouchy and Since1969 like this.
  10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Of course. They only care about ratings, whatever sells to the masses, doesn’t really matter if is massive BS or Noble-price worthy.

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Its come to this now.. A marginally successful Head Coach from over a decade ago levels harsh criticism at the presently failing Head Coach because of a phantom comparison. Citizens, this is what rock bottom looks like both on the field and in the media. This is the biggest media market on earth and the monster needs food so, whip up some irrelevant controversy to keep people occupied and engaged.

Its shit like this that just makes me more distant from the neo-circus that now surrounds this team. Why get upset over this when the entire team is drowning in the shitter.. Makes no sense but boredom is only a temporary substitute until apathy finally sets in. the only cure for this is decent football on the field. No amount of good wishes, blind faith or spiked koolaid drinking will change that. The Jets need to either win football games or look competent while losing them. What's happening now is unacceptable no matter how young the Roster is, how inexperienced the CS, or how stupid the Ownership is.

#171 Cman68, Nov 17, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
    94Abraham, HomeoftheJets and Wahoo like this.
  12. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Anyone doubted this? Of course it's gonna goose attention for ESPN, I could care less about ESPN's ratings on an afternoon football talk show though.

13. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Bring back Rex!!!

14. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Somewhere in a hidden bunker, Adam Gase is smirking and rolling his eyes.

15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

at flying tacos?

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

and probably vaping the really good shit too..

17. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

Just seems to me that Saleh is in way over his head. At the very least the defense should be playing well. Rex ALWAYS fielded a defense that was infinitely better than the garbage we're watching this season.

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

What's the definition of insanity...?

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  19. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

I'm very happy Rex said what he had to say. Robert Saleh is an incompetent fool at least so far. Rex ALWAYS had a defense that was ready to play. I also have NO trouble saying Rex definitely would have had this team
    Playing much better than what Saleh's been able to do. I would take Rex over Saleh any day of the week....

94Abraham likes this.
  20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Maybe he should worry about the defense and spend less time worrying about combing that beard.

Acad23 likes this.