Rex Ryan: "Don't ever compare this guy to me"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Nov 15, 2021.

1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I loved Rex when we hired him. Perfect guy for the job. He talked the talk and walked the walk. It wasn't until the end that I grew tired of his schtick.

JetFanInPA and REVISion like this.
  2. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

I was just listening to Michael Kay.

Apparently the source of the comparisons between Rex and Saleh, that upset Rex, was a Sports Illustrated article.

So, whatever lit Rex up was nothing they said on the Rothenberg show, and nothing that Saleh himself said about Rex.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I would add that we need to add at least a couple of TEs as well, and maybe another RB. I'm all for signing a CB, TE and LB in FA, and then draft an Edge with our #1 pick, then an OL with Seattle's 1st round pick, then in the 2nd round take a TE and a LB. With the 3rd round pick grab a S. In the 4th round they can grab another TE unless Yeboah pans out the rest of the season or they bring Kroft back, or another OL and another defensive player.

REVISion and ColoradoContrails like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

There are not many big names, but I think it may be a pretty deep draft at TE. Besides Wydermyer and Otton, there are a few more that I think would be good fits in our system: Trey McBride of Colorado St., Isaiah Likely of Coastal Carolina, Charlie Kolar of Iowa, Jahleel Billingsley of Alabama, and Austin Stogner of Oklahoma.

5. NCJetsfan

It's not often that we disagree, but this is one of those times. Rex's D was great his first two years. Then it was downhill, once he destroyed the chemistry and stripped the team of its veteran leadership. The rest of the NFL caught up with Rex's blitzes and then he had nothing. Bowles D was not always good. They were good some of the time, and better when he coached them for a few games because his good friend and DC (Kacy Rodgers was out sick or something). Rodgers was the DC and was awful. Gregg Williams was a good DC until he got fed up with Gase and said eff it.

6. NCJetsfan

If Rex was such a great motivator, how come his teams showed up flat and unprepared a lot of the time, especially following BYE weeks. Like a lot of posters here, you have very selective memories of Rex.

Wahoo and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. NCJetsfan

Rex had a big part in that lack of talent. Rex started messing with the chemistry following the 2009 season, and stripping away the strong veteran leadership following the 2010 season. By 2012 most of the leadership was gone and the chemistry destroyed. Mangini helped build that team, and Rex helped destroy it.

Wahoo and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Nevertheless, he said it trying to be hard. The reality is he's been a pussy all year long on the sidelines. Never once have I seen him show anything other than a bewildered look when something goes sideways. Done with that going forward. Saleh has to realize this market doesn't like pussies anywhere other than the bedroom. This ain't Frisco. This is New York and to survive here, he's gonna have to show some fight or he will start to lose respect first in the fanbase, then the media, and lastly the roster. Time for the Sphinx to show us something.

His goodwill pass is hereby revoked.

Wahoo likes this.
  9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Two back to back AFCC appearances does tend to warm the cockles...

Point to another Jets coach that managed that.

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Rex has put more spark under the ass of the the Jets organization than anyone on the team.

I hope they're angry and embarrassed... they should be.

Bellys Lies likes this.
  11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

they're young... blanket pass... 2021 mulligan.. not their fault they suck... Just trying to condense all the excuses we're seen so far in 2021..

12. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

They're not. If they're not embarrassed and angry about giving up an obscene number of points over the past month, I doubt drawing the ire of someone as inconsequential as Rex Ryan is going to get them fired up for next week.

REVISion, Wahoo and BrowningNagle like this.
  13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah... you may be right.

They play like they're past the point of caring what anyone says...

Sack exchange likes this.
  14. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

If the Pats blowout loss didn't light a fire under their ass nothing will.

Cman68 likes this.
  15. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

True, he should have stayed out of personnel decisions. He sucked at it. That was his downfall. Let the GM be the GM. And coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

See the post above yours...

REVISion likes this.
  17. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Rex’s D was nowhere as bad as this one. This D is historically bad. I think Rex’s D was never worse than middle of the league…. This D is last!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. NCJetsfan

I wasn't comparing Rex's D with Saleh's. I was just pointing out that some posters have selective memories of Rex seen through the haze of time.

19. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

He does. That’s why I won’t stand for Rex slander. He’s a fan and would jump at a 2nd chance opportunity. Can’t say the same about a lot of our prior coaches: Call me what you want but I value coaches who love my team as much as I do.

Sack exchange likes this.
  20. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

The selective memories go both ways.