Rex Ryan Bashers Swing and Miss

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Jan 11, 2011.

1. PATSunbeatable

Rex "the tool" Ryan

The guy is such a joke. Yea he can be funny at times and he is/was a decent defensive coach. But as a head coach? LMFAO. When your HEAD coach says "we ONLY lost by ONE point to a good team" like he did after loosing to Baltimore early in the season it shows how much of a dingo he is. When he brags about the Sanchise, the crapbox of a QB yall got there, not even the best of Jets fans buys into it. My best memory of him is the press conference after the Pats BLOWED, yea I meant BLOWED, humiliated, demolished, demoralized, trounced, anialated, kicked in the wazoo his GREAT team. LMFAO again. Oh yea and that was after he said they would win. The wig was pretty funny though. The comparison to Brady was also tops. But neither of those things makes him a great head coach. Too bad for yall and the team. Well not really, we like it that way here in Team Of The Decade Past and probably Team of the current one. Btw feet are for walking/ running/ kicking someone in the ass when needed. Not watever that top notch head coach wannabe does with them. LMFAO

2. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

What is this? This is a giant block of shit nobody wants to read

3. DavidVeloz418

DavidVeloz418 New Member

Sunday's game isn't about Rex. I like Rex, but I have to agree with Evan Roberts, what Rex said about the last game was pure malarkey. The Jets players didn't show up for whatever reason and no coach would have come up with an answer to stop what the Patriots did that night. The Jets looked lost, made a ton of mistakes. His players better show up on Sunday.

4. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

...so the Patriots "blowed" the Jets?

Huh?

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Why don't people understand what Rex is doing when he says that? He's obviously putting the heat on himself, and taking it off his players. He knows these guys will run through a brick wall for him, so if he's putting the game on him, what kind of motivation do you think that gives them?

A lot of coaches speak to their players through the media.

6. DavidVeloz418

DavidVeloz418 New Member

People understand it, the reason why people do not like it is because one day, his players will not buy into what he says and when that happens, Ryan is going to look bad. That Monday night embarrassment is an example of that; Ryan called it the "biggest regular season game" he has ever prepared for and in the end, his players made him look bad.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

hahahahahahaha

Since he's been with the Ravens, every player has bought into what he does.

And if his players made him look bad, then they'll want to work to make things right, like I dunno kicking the Steelers asses.

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

5 days from from one of the biggest games in Jets history and this is what you're worried about. Amazing.

9. DavidVeloz418

DavidVeloz418 New Member

Yes, his players have bought into everything he says, except for that Monday night game. I really don't care what Rex Ryan says, or any coach says, as long as the players play. But the game on Sunday is about the players on the field, and the more I think about what Rex said yesterday, the more I'm thinking his players are about to lay another egg up in Foxboro. As I said here and at other places, that better not happen again.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

It doesn't seem like you do.

What he says about the scheme being too complex made a lot of sense too, but you won't hear people repeat that part.

11. DavidVeloz418

DavidVeloz418 New Member

Maybe the loss of Leonhard contributed to the scheme being too complex for his players on defense, but still, his players should have done better that night.

12. WhiteShoeWillis

Obviously they should have played better. Even Acad's girlfriend could tell you that.

13. DavidVeloz418

DavidVeloz418 New Member

Right, but Rex spent the whole week prior to the game "taking the pressure off his team" by talking trash, and the Jets still played poorly. :shit:

14. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Rex's talking is just a brilliant strategy IMO because it must take so much pressure off his players. This week, almost all the talk has been about him, much less on how his players are going to stop the Pats.

15. WhiteShoeWillis

And again, I'll point to the gameplan that was too complex. You're all over the place. You're saying they aren't going to believe him but it sounds quite genuine and realistic while accomplishing the same goal.

16. Clown

Clown New Member

"One" day you will write a useful post....

17. XmalcolmX

XmalcolmX Member

Did anyone else read that as fleshlight the first time through?

18. DavidVeloz418

DavidVeloz418 New Member

No I'm not all over the place. First, lets take this gameplan was too complex nonsense and ridicule it for a second. Are you telling me that on Week 13, Rex Ryan's defense squad doesn't understand the defense this guy has implemented since 2009? If that is the case, than that is a big indictment on Rex Ryan as a coach, because here we have his team, two years into his job, not understanding his defense. Second, I said that one day his players won't believe in what he says, and we already saw a glimpse of that when the Jets played the Pats on that Monday night.

19. DavidVeloz418

DavidVeloz418 New Member

thank you :up:

20. WhiteShoeWillis

Do you pay any attention to this team? If you did you'd know that the defensive gameplan is opponent specific. Given the Pats offense was a different animal than either of the 3 previous meeting under Rex I think it's safe to assume it was a completely different gameplan than they'd seen previously.

Did you even watch the press conference?