Rex Ryan, a Jets fan?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MexJetinBcn, Jan 15, 2009.

1. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

You're a young pup, I was serving overseas in the AF in 86. Now I feel old. :)

2. Uhm a Jets Fan

Uhm a Jets Fan New Member

I was swinging in my dads testicles

3. JetsFan

I guess swinging in testicles is better than being spit on the floor. lol

Just joking.

4. Uhm a Jets Fan

Uhm a Jets Fan New Member

hahah...or in a rubber concealment

5. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Bring back Post-It Girl!

6. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

NFL coaches don't have "favorite teams." His favorite team is the team he coaches. His next favorite team will be the team that hires him next. Do you really think he has a Jet bedspread and a sign on his bedroom wall that says "Reserved Parking - Jets fans only"?????? Gimme a break.

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

You mean Parcells was. Vinnie along with Martin cost us a trip to the SB with their combined 6 turnovers against Denver in the AFC Championship game.

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Vinny was the QB, so he gets the recognition.

9. JetsFan

an second showing

10. MexJetinBcn

MexJetinBcn New Member

WTF??? Why wouldn't they? So Singletary doesn't care about the Bears now? Gimme a beak!

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Of course not. They aren't human beings who were born and raised with football and a favorite team growing up. They are manufactured by Coach-Makers Inc. who builds "Coach-beings." Coach Beings are delivered to teams at the age of 28 and they grow within the organization. No NFL team has an actual born human coaching it.

Its like the Matrix.

12. Joe Willie White Shoes

Singletary's favorite team was the Bears when he was playing for them. His favorite team now, I would think, is not the Bears, but the 49ers. Maybe its because he's the HC. Does anybody know or care who his favorite team was when he was 8 years old and why is that relevant now?????

13. Joe Willie White Shoes

Nice job. The problem is those that play and coach ARE wired differently than us fans. When your livelihood is based on playing or coaching the game, your favorite childhood team means nothing once you enter the league as a player or a coach and less as you move around the league.

14. MexJetinBcn

MexJetinBcn New Member

Sorry man, what you're saying makes no sense at all. If you think you can forget your team just because you're working in another one then you're not a true fan. Coaches and players are wired the same as we are. Tell me then, when Singletary retires will he be left in the void of fandom because he's not coaching anymore?

15. Joe Willie White Shoes

So does that make Joe Namath a Pittsburgh Steeler fan? He grew up near Pittsburgh. Is Dan Marino a Steeler fan also??? When Marino played for the Dolphins, did he secretly root for the Steelers because he had a Steeler helmet lamp when he was a little boy? Did the Steelers become his "second favorite team" after Miami and did he root for Steelers unless he was playing them.

Do you really think that Rex Ryan, who is three years younger than I am, rooted for the Jets all these years while his father coached the Bears, Eagles, and Cardinals??? Did Ryan ever live in the New York area???

Grow up and wise up.

Ryan wants the Jet job because he thinks it is the best place for him as a coach and provides him the best opportunity. This is about his profession, not about his Jet PJs when he was 6 years old.

16. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

This is a weird rant. I think its reasonable to suggest that you would be more interested in coaching at a place if you were a fan at one point. And, if you were, you'd probably bust your balls so you could stay put and build a legend around yourself.

Half of the time when coaching vacancies come up a lot of the early names that get thrown in are guys that have connections to that job some how. Happens a lot in baseball FA signings too.

17. skipper

skipper Member

You feel old? I remember reading in the newspapers about this new team, to be called the Titans, that was being organized in NY when I was in the Navy.

18. ukjetsfan

That's better...

Don't let it happen again!

19. ukjetsfan

Sounds like there's a great story to tell there...

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

A good example of the "Player Favorite Team" Phenomena is Tiki Barber....

He is a 'Skins fan, but when he was with the Giants, he said in an interview tha he puts aside his affinity for the Skins when he is on the field, but he does wish them well deep down inside.

They still like who they rooted for as kids, but its never going to be blatant while they are playing. When they are retired its different. Or it may change to the team they played with the most during their career if they grew a love of the organization and the fans.

Peyton Manning grew up a Saints fan, but I bet he loves the Colts equally now... but he'll always like the Saints.