Rex Not Happy With Braylon's Taunting

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Sep 20, 2010.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Ha, DeSean Jackson has done that once in college and once in the pros. Its a good reason why I don't like him as a player.

High Stepping is going to be around forever. Deion Sanders has made that as traditional as the Touchdown Spike. Even defensive lineman try to do it.

There are some tasteless taunts. Reggie Bush's taunt to Urlacher is a good example. The Bears won that game anyway.

2. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Definitely. I don't mean to sound like I want the passion taken out of the game, it's just cool to see somebody act like they've been there.

I'm all for a dance and/or celebration (I even liked "The Fun Bunch"). I just think premature celebration is classless and stupid.

Maybe I'm too old school. :)

3. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

THAT was the best part of ALL of it. I was just trying to imagine what he was saying "SON, that's the dougie. That's what you're supposed to do!"

4. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

I don't see how him wiping his head is any worse than Moss slamming the ball through our uprights after his TD.
    That's not a taunt?
    If you're going to take away fun, take it all out.
    Or not, and let them play and have some fucking fun.

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Moss didn't taunt any Jets. Rather, he celebrated scoring a touchdown.

If taunting was allowed, then there would be a lot of fights.

6. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

The difference is that Braynuts did it in the defender's face. He needs to get a clue because he could have easily been called for another one later in the game.

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

as long as Braylon catches the ball like he did this week, he can taunt ALL he wants in my book. I loved it. The team needed a freakin spark offensively and he brought the swagger the D shows to the other side of the field.

I have always disliked Braylon but that changed everything for me- I'll take a 15 yard penalty for taunting and letting NE know we arent the same wussy team that Herm would throw out there to kiss their feet and gladly take a 14 pt loss.

AWESOME job Braylon. (dont do it every week or nothing, but awesome) nice dougie dance too!

Rex is wrong on this one though, I get it he's a Defensive guy but hes a head coach now and if hes going to allow his D to show swagger and emotion he cant critcize the offense for wanting the same

8. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

Think game balls matter to Bray? No, he is a clown. If Rex had nuts it would be his wallet. We shall see if the passive punishment style hurts us down the road or not.

9. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

This taunting rule is such a bag of bullshit. What is this ... little league??? They're all grown men and professional athletes ... As long as it's just words, I think they can handle a little taunting without crying...

And correct me if I'm wrong ... but doesn't the defense give the O-line, QB and RB all kinds of shit before the ball is snapped??? Why isn't that considered taunting?? If you're gonna have the stupid rule ...

10. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

What the fuck??

11. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

Let me interpret. The nuts part is because he went nuts and was flagged for a stupid move which Rex correctly criticized.

12. deef

deef Member

[​IMG]

Can't have one in this thread without the other.

13. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

He was lucky that he didn't get flagged for this one as well. I'm sure the conversation Rex had with him will prevent any future re-occurrences.

14. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

Braylon should have caught the TD/2 Pt conversion and extended to the player for a handshake.

15. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I can watch that 1000 times over....

16. deef

deef Member

I don't agree with this at all. Even the most level headed person is eventually going to get pissed if somebody is gloating right in their face and possibly take matters into their own hands. No taunting, no chance of fighting. On the line before a snap is completely different, because the play hasn't happened yet, it doesn't mean anything. Getting in someone's face after a TD when the play is dead is just being an asshole and unnecessary.

17. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

He was teaching him how to Dougie....big deal?

18. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

The big deal is that he's putting himself above the team as Rex said. It's a selfish act which Rex will NOT tolerate.

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I'm just fucking around.

Maybe we should be happy that he made that insane catch. Most recievers wouldn't have made it.

20. ShutEmDownRevis

ShutEmDownRevis New Member

Braylon is a weird dude... he's always pretty quiet and then he really taunts the dude when he beats him

I actually liked seeing it, even though we got the penalty... but its still kinda strange, like he has some pent up anger or something... It looked really personal actually like that butler scrub was talking shit all game or something