Rex makes the team do push ups

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RevisOfNazareth, Sep 16, 2010.

1. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

I like the idea, but threatening to pull the players for fumbling, especially in the case of LT, is slightly disturbing and almost immature. It seems like theres no discipline on the team, possibly, because the idea of punishment for penalties was a mere 30 push ups and 10 minutes longer practice? How bout suicides from goal to 20, 40, and opposite goal? i mean hell, the way the offense looks, the d could use the conditioning.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I fucking love you Shaun Ellis

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Parcells did this all the time...hopefully it works out for Ryan just as good as it did for him.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Good. Kick them in the ass.

You wanna put on that performance, Cro? you'll pay for it. I'd be beating Cro until he realizes this is a fucking man's game and you gotta redirect your WR. I couldn't believe what I saw from him after watching the tape. Stop being a pussy and put your hands on 'em before 5 yards, not after.

5. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

this shit is getting stupid!...pulling running backs for one fumble!!!!?? wtf are we? 2 years old? this coaching philosophy is the reason our offense is going to suck this year...they are telling our 2nd year QB not to turn it over, in which he doesnt even look downfield anymore!!! we needed shonn greene in the 2nd half in the game against the ravens and he wasnt put in....this is ridiculous! players will do shitty playing nervous!...damnit

6. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Hey, take a number St. Peter...I got this.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Its instilling the idea that mistakes will not be tolerated.

Its actually a good thing. No one is going to play nervous, they are going to play less careless.

8. 624

624 Banned

10 push ups is nothing, so I disagree with you wanting them to do sprints. This isn't about the punishment/conditioning since it's such an insignificant amount. Being selected to do them is just recognizing that you had a penalty and to get it in your head not to mess up again.

9. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

i disagree entirely...i mean sanchez didnt even look downfield! (aside from the pass to keller that got called back) because he's worried about not turning the ball over...and notice how keller and the running backs are sanchez's only targets....let the kid make mistakes! mistakes are the only way people learn!..for greene to sit the 2nd half is sad...what if LT and greene fumble? mcknight? sanchez draw?

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

You're being panicky and over thinking this.

If you allow them to play like shit, they won't fix it. You have to hold them to a higher standard, or you can kiss the playoffs goodbye.

11. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

It's simple, get penalized up and down the field and you won't get to the Super Bowl and you won't get paid. How much more motivation do you need?

12. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

i think our playoff hopes are over to be honest...maybe i am overthinking things, but i mean i just think the offense has gone backwards and teams know how to play our offense...its not all on sanchez, i blame alot due to schottys shitty playcalling

13. BleednGreen247

Get em Rex!! Become a head coach, have input in the offense too brother.

14. RevisOfNazareth

thats the point. if you want to run a tight ship, they do 100. they need a reason not to fumble. likewise, suicide style sprints going to the 20 and having to fall back 5 yards constantly to regain territory will also remind them negative yardage is no fun.

thats just wasting time then. i dont think it instills shit. i can do 3 sets of 10 push ups and i'm out of shape.

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

One week and its all over?

Do not be an SOJF. Its not tolerated anymore.

If they go 0-3, then its all over.

16. BleednGreen247

:eek:hmy:

filler

17. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Ironically enough this was also his excuse for the offensive game plan/execution on Monday.

At least it's clear what the offense worked on in the off season. "Don't worry about being productive or doing anything positive, just don't turn the ball over or you'll be castrated."

18. 624

624 Banned

My point of 10 pushups being nothing shows that they aren't making them do this for the physical punishment, which would be stupid. This is for their mental game. They aren't going to kill them doing thousands of pushups, That's not the point of the "punishment". It's just a reminder of who committed a penalty.

19. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Can anyone really be upset that the Jets coaches are deciding to be hard asses? This team has too much fun, we know this. It's time they harness the talent and instill some discipline.

20. RevisOfNazareth

I'm not upset that they're trying, at all. I just think they're not trying hard enough. I won't care about it in about 30 minutes unless we keep losing. I just don't see how making a team do 10 extra minutes in practice, a few more f-bombs, and having 30 push ups just to point out who did penalties is being a hard ass. If you do more than 30, not only do you point them out, but you make them know theyve got to work harder because of the looks they get after.