Rex is going with Tyrod Tayler as the starter

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Br4d, Aug 31, 2015.

1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Too bad he will probably be benched by the time of the first Jets Bills game, not that their other choices will fare much different.

2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call him a bust since it is hard for 6th round picks to bust.

Cman68, FJF and abyzmul like this.
  3. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I think he made the right choice. o_O

mute likes this.
  4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

It's not that he's a bust, because you're right, he hasn't proven anything yet. But what makes Rex Ryan a moron is that he left a franchise completely devout of talent at the QB position and signed with a team in even worse shape at QB.

Like Bradway posted, it's Insanity. Someone repeating a behavior hoping for a different result.

He's an insane moron

5. zace

zace Well-Known Member

They apparently didn't want him. Makes your wonder what scared them off doesn't it? They clearly wanted a defensive had coach.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

6. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

As long as you realize that you are probably the only person who thinks the Bills QB situation is worse than the Jets.

7. Falco21

Lmao!!!

Oh Lord

Axel3419 likes this.
  8. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

You have absolutely no way to prove otherwise. Can't wait till we come out with a decent offense (not having pie in the sky hopes here). Fitz is better than Tyrod Tayler give me a break.

9. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

I find this thread rather amusing because your current HC is coming from a team where he personally witnessed some of the NFL's worst Quarterbacking of the last decade in his tenure there and now he's forced to run with Geno Smith and Ryan Fitzpatrick.

The HC doesn't always pick who is on the roster, sometimes he's gotta stuff his 10 pounds of shit at QB into a 5lb bag.

10. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

You can't blame Rex for taking a hc job. It might be the last chance he gets. Is he supposed to say no? Lol

11. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

The Bills Qb situation is the worst in the league. Worse than the Browns, worse than the Redskins, and - yes - worse than the Jets. And that includes a Qb who has a broken jaw.

12. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

That's just BS, the Bills QB situation sucks but you're a fool if you think its any worse than the Jets, and especially the Browns. I'd argue that for the moment they're also far better off than Tampa, Tennessee, Oakland, and Washington. There are many QB's who appear worse than Tyrod Taylor has through this preseason.

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

You just described Rex Ryan 100% accurately.

14. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Tyrod who?

Ah, he plays for the Bills?

GOOD!

15. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

To be fair, I haven't watched the Bills pre-season games so maybe I have no credibility. That being said, I have seen a lot of Matt Cassel and EJ Manuel. With those 2 and someone who was picked 180th (in the 6th round) who most believed would be a better WR than a QB in the NFL, the Bills aren't looking too good. I have more faith in Fitzy and Geno than I do in any of the 3 Qbs that the Bills will potentially start.

At least the Browns have a former 1st rounder who has a chance to turn it around (unlike EJ, in my opinion).

16. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Really? Show me where Atlanta offer him the job?

17. buffalo2214

buffalo2214 Member

Please explain the bolded part because I haven't seen anything from either Fitzpatrick or Smith to warrant taking this statement for reality.

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He will win with defense like he always does and if you think the Bills didn't have a shitload better defense than the Jets when he left then you are insane, not him.

19. AugustWest

AugustWest Active Member

The NFL's worst quarterback situations: RANKED

Which team has the most stable quarterbacking situation in the league? Which has the worst? It’s a tough question based off so many variables. The best quarterbacks barely need reliable backups, some teams drop down to third-string QBs before the October chill starts. A backup is more important in Jacksonville than in Indianapolis, but is still valuable. With those thoughts in mind, FTW ranks the worst quarterback situations in the NFL from 1-32. It was a tough process.

The rules are simple: Starting this year, which team’s quarterback situation would you like to have. Age matters, so a 39-year-old Peyton Manning is a lot different than a 26-year-old Russell Wilson. Backups matter too, but only relatively so. Mark Sanchez may be the best backup in the NFL, but behind Sam Bradford, how much does that really matter? (Depth charts estimated, third-string QBs included when necessary.)

1. New York Jets (Ryan Fitzpatrick/Matt Flynn or Bryce Petty/Geno Smith)

2. Buffalo Bills (Matt Cassel, Tyrod Taylor, EJ Manuel)

3. Houston Texans (Brian Hoyer, Ryan Mallett)

4. Cleveland Browns (Josh McCown, Johnny Manziel)

Making this list has led to one incontrovertible truth: There are a lot of crappy quarterbacks in the NFL. Like, a lot! Not that I’m ever looking for anyone to get fired, but how does a general manager go into a season with a combination of Matt Cassel, Tyrod Taylor and EJ Manuel as the quarterback depth chart, with Manuel being a former first-round pick? I mean, you know it’s bad when your own GM says the team is almost in “quarterback purgatory” as the Bills’ Doug Whaley said, as if he wasn’t partially/mostly responsible for putting them there.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/08/nfl...tions-green-bay-packers-andrew-luck-tom-brady

20. Falco21

Of course you're not gonna see the offers he had. This is football but it's also a business.
    Absolutely the defense is better in Buffalo than when he left the Jets. The Jets had the worst secondary in the league last year. But this statement is still false. You can have the greatest defense in the world. If your offense can't score points or move the ball, you will not win games.

Any Jets fan knows that feeling exactly.

I'd take a proven talented Fitzpatrick over Cassell, Taylor, or Manuel, any day