Rex Bashing

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFanDoc, Dec 7, 2010.

1. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

I'm a big fan of Rex ryan but

Rex Ryan & crew should be better prepared in big games like these. Rex should have a sit down with the players and tell them if you aren't gonna bring your 110% (i know it's an overplayed cliche but it applies here) then get the hell out of the team.

Jets made the patriots look like the Harlem Globetrotters if they were a football team, and that's cause he didn't prepare as much as Belichick.

Of course no one will take us seriously anymore, so it us up to them to practice harder, watch more tape, and step on the field a more focused team.

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that the problem was not being prepared. It seems to me that he hyped up the game so much that everyone, including him, were nervous and playing scared.

3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

It's true.. it's similar to what happened vs the Ravens. He built up the game so much and made the Ravens seem like such a great team that they played like garbage and never got anything going.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

This team playewd a competitive game in the AFC Championship after having won 2 road games, I can't imagine it was nerves. The team looked completely unprepared for what NE was doing all night.

5. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

It could be that he gave NE & Bal too much respect, we were too scared to be the aggressor, while the Patriots gladly played that role, with reckless abandon.

I was in total shock. The Jets defense have the tools to be elite like 2009, and they have frustrated Brady before. At least make the guy become uncomfortable. instead because our pass rushing was absentem, brady picked us apart like cherry trees!

6. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I love Rex, love what he's done to this team in short order, and what effect he's had on our fanbase.

This is his first HC job afterall, there is a reason that he's 1 of 32 guys in the world to hold that job.

In 2008 we were ranked 16th in total D, 18th in PPG, and 29th in pass D.
    Rex comes in and gets us to #1 in all those categories.

This year we got 9 wins in 11 games, as opposed to 16 last year and we've had to overcome injury, contract issues, and some odd play-calling on offense. I still think that Revis situation can be looked at as a huge issue for the whole season.

Rex is in no way perfect but for his first HC job he's doing a hell of a job. How many first time coaches are this successful? I'm sure last night will only help in his growth as a coach.

7. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I said to my wife while watching the warmups that Sanchez "looked nervous." It's just the way he looked to me when the camera panned in on him.

Then, when the game started, I said to myself, "Oh Geez... he's got to shake this and get into a rythm." Same thing with Ryan. Throwing the red flag and challenging the spot was, in the words of teh announcer, "a poor misuse of challenges" given you only have two.

I mean, seriously, you have no business being desperate enough at that early point in the game to be going for it on 4th down around the 50 anyway, much less throwing down a challenge for the spot of the ball no less on 4th. Who the hell cares if it was two feet or one foot? You have no business going for it in your own territory anyway that early on and if it doesn't succeed, you give Brady only half a field to score again.

But no, there is Rex, throwing the flag to challenge the spot. He loses the challenge and punts the fucking ball anyway, which is what he should have done anyway and saved the precious challenge for later if ou have a meaningful, pivital challenge that can turn the game around.

Nervous call by Ryan, watching a nervous QB. I'm sure the Patriots sensed that as well as Belichick when he saw the flag, and they smelled the blood in the water and moved in and poured it on.

#67 Section 227. Row 5, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  8. Gunther

Gunther Member

Rex Ryan sucks big NE Slurpees.
    We got schooled and we also learned that it is going to take a lot more than just players to beat NE.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I sincerely hope you are right. I think we need a little less talk and a little more learning from these horrible experiences. There's a lot of work to do. The talent on this team is too good to allow this kind of blowout.

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

2 out of 4 is not a bad start for Rex.

Mangini faced them 7 times including the playoff game and was 2-5 against his old buddy.

During that time Pats won 4 in a row.

11. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

It's funny you mention this, because I actually noticed the same exact thing. He didn't look comfortable at all.

12. Gunther

Gunther Member

I felt that the Jets were going to lose and I definitely believe that the NE offense was purposely built to beat a team that likes to blitz.

13. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Our Safeties??? How about our front... NO ONE can cover recievers in the NFL as long as our secondary is expected to cover. Can we get pressure on the QB without blitzing 3 defenders??? Possibly the worst front 3 in football when it comes to putting pressure on the QB...

Last nite, 3 sacks, all blitzes, 2 safeties and a LB get the sacks. Brady could have gotten a mani/pedi in the backfield on most plays...

PATHETIC.. and whats worse, is it me or does it seem when we blitz, our blitzers all end up jammed together and do nothing???

14. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

This............ I have played and watched hockey (I never played football) my entire life and if an NHL team looks off in warm up I can tell faster than you can whistle dixie. Sports translate to one another.

I was watching the Jets warm up (it wasn't just Sanchez...) and I said to the person next to me, they look off. It is hard to quantify but they didn't look right. Looking @ the Pats they were the opposite in warm ups.....What I was watching may or may not have been nerves, coaching whatever....but you can tell.

This is the first game where the Jets have gotten completely killed and were so uncompetitive under Rex that they were a borderline joke. So I am going to give them a Mulligan and see what happens this weekend........

#74 Miamipuck, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  15. mangoldman

mangoldman Member

We all know what the problems are.

the real question is what is going to be done about them.
    I love rex's confidence and personality but that doesn't mean he is a great coach and that has yet to be proven. What changes are going to be made to put this ship toward the direction of greatness?
    Actions speak louder than words (and its not just cliche) what actions are rex and tanny going to take to put this ship in the right direction. or is this just another regime we have to sit through waiting for the next one. tell me please. or my money will not be going toward this franchise again.

16. quadcityjetsfan76

I agree with the Herm-like comparison. I don't know who tells him what plays to challenge, but they should be shot in the face and forced to live with the disfigurement. First series challenge on a spot? You were going for it anyway. Had he kept that challenge, he could have at least used it on the Tate TD. It may not have been overturned, but it would have been more sensible.

17. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

The Jets needed to run the ball - from the first drive on. They did not do so. You beat the pats by running the football, possessing the ball and keeping superman off the field. That is part of how you beat the pats. Passing the ball is playing directly into the Pats hands. The fact that Schotty was calling pass plays when the team was effectively moving the ball on the ground - was outrageous. Terrible playcalling, stupid gameplan that was poorly executed. Rex is responsible for Schotty. Bad job.

18. DavidVeloz418

DavidVeloz418 New Member

I just can't keep my mouth shut anymore. I like Rex Ryan, I like what he has done in giving this New York Jets team an identity. But in a game that he bills as the most important regular season game of his career, he has to do a much better job at getting his team prepared. What happened last night was a complete embarrassment. Ryan embarrassed himself, his players embarrassed themselves, the whole NY Jets organization embarrassed itself last night.

19. Gunther

Gunther Member

I agree. This is suppose to be a smash mouth team, but we fail to bring the wood. I liked last years offense with less weapons than this years. They did more with less.

20. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Here's what concerns me -

After the Green Bay loss - "We have a lot of things to work on, especially on offense"
    After the Detroit game - "A win is a win - but we aren't satisfied. We have things we have to straighten out"
    After Cleveland - "We pulled it out, but its obvious we have some issues on Defense. We have things we need to work on"
    After Houston - "The Defense needs to close out the game. We have things we need to improve"

Where are all these improvements? What exactly have they been working on? Was the NE game the result of these "improvements"? I'll take Rex's word, for now, that he has answers for these things. But it sure didn't look like it.