Revis unsure of status for Den (Update: Practiced Today Individual Drills)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Inafalcs, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Yep. He's out of shape and has been since about February of this year. His hamstring isn't 100% but it's probably at 90%. To me he just looked tired out there towards the end.. lackadaisical almost. It'd be like taking Jordan in his prime and then telling him to chill on the couch and play NBA Jam for 2 months before putting him back on the court. No way he'd play to his calibre. Now multiply that scenario by 3 since the NFL is a lot more physical and we have exhibit A: Revis sucking right now.

He's making excuses to save whatever pride he has left at this point with the fanbase and the NFL. Last year he was a god, now everyone's giving him his last chance to redeem himself because of (self-inflicted) injury. If he doesn't perform by the end of this season he's an Albert Haynesworth.

2. 624

624 Banned

He has been limited in practice, and practice is not a game.

You can control what you do in practice, and it's not as intense.

Were you on the Jets sideline? Do you know he said nothing?

3. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

in his interview he just said it was swollen. no tweak nothing. he needs to fucking get in shape. hes bullshitting everybody, and i dont blame him. i would be embarrassed too.

4. 624

624 Banned

Our TGG doctors have confirmed that Revis is faking his injury.

An incarceratedbob report is on it's way.

5. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

doesn't make much sense if he was hurt during the game, and continued to play. he's a cornerback man. he has to fucking run the entire game.......

hes outta shape.

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Revis said himself in the interview that was posted that he's not injured. He said he was just sore after the game and experienced swelling and that both are gone now.

7. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

So because he held out to make more money when he was making 1 million dollars the year after arguably the best season a cb has ever had makes him the most hated.

8. 624

624 Banned

I know that in football you are supposed to play hurt, but not injured.

What I'm trying to say is that his hamstring definitely affected his play, not just him being out of shape.

He can't be playing it up as much as some of you guys think.

9. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Sure, I don't deny that, but you can't disprove it either. What we can go on: he said he was 100% coming in, he played the whole game without signs of legitimate hamstring injury, had a poor effort against Harvin and Lewis, and said he had swelling and soreness that's dissipated. Everything else Is opinion and hyperbole.

The problem at stake is determining if Revis' play is attributed to the injury, lack of conditioning/preparation, loss of interest, or a little of everything. Revis went from having what people thought to be the best CB season of all time to looking like an average defensive back. We all know what he's capable of, it's not like the 18 or so dominant performances he had week-in and week-out were a fluke.

The reason myself and others are pissed is that he's getting payed elite QB money but is being outplayed by Cromartie and arguably our worst cornerback, Drew Coleman. I think we all agree he can perform at the same level of play as last year and the second he shows it, everyones back on the revis bandwagon. Said talent starts at the source though. Revis has to study film, work his ass off, and not be such a dick with his mouthing off and excuses.

Ultimately I think this may be good for revis. If people see him play like shit and start calling him an overrated one-year wonder, his pride will drop QUICK. Then he'll go on a mission from week 8 til end of playoffs to show everyone why he's the best.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Because of the circus directed by his uncle and S&F, every move he makes and everything he says will be distrusted and put under a microscope.

I can't bring myself to do that, because then I'll sound ridiculous.

Revis wasn't 100% coming into Mondays game, but he loves playing so much and since it was his decision to play or not he chose to play because he's a competitor and hates sitting. I can't wait for this paragraph to get torn to pieces by emotional posters who still hate his guts for reasons that are out of our control as fans.

I still don't care about the Revis situation because the team is undefeated without him. Such high school drama with how everyone reacts.

I can only imagine how this fanbase would react if this was Deion Sanders out with a hamstring, because this fanbase doesn't know how to deal with elite talent.

11. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Is there anywhere in his contract saying if he is hurt he gets less money?

12. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Not tearing this apart but, that's..just like, your opinion man... It was said he was 100% to go. Was he truly 100%? probably not, but I don't know that and neither does anyone else here. I think he's more out of shape than hamstrung.
    I kind of do. He's getting 16+ million a year. Imagine if we gave him the 10/162 and proved we're an equally talented team without him playing. Spell it with me: s-a-l-a-r-y c-a-p h-e-l-l. He's worth the money if we dominate in the secondary like last season. Right now, were having trouble stopping 41 year old qb's and forehead vaginas.

No one had a problem with guys like Curtis Martin, Jonathan Vilma, Nick Mangold, Kevin Mawae, David Harris, etc. Notice that people did have issues with John Abraham and Kerry Rhodes. Hatred towards certain players is warranted. I'd say no one hates revis here, but we're disappointed with him right now.

Ultimately I don't disagree with you, but you're foolish if you don't at least see some reason for concern.

13. 624

624 Banned

Elite, lockdown corners don't just forget how to cover over a 4 week training camp.

Revis has looked like shit for Revis, not for the average CB. Yes, a couple of them were big plays, but he has only allowed 4(?) catches in 2.5 games. One TD was a hall of fame QB(Brady) throwing to a hall of fame WR(Moss), and it took an insane highlight reel 1 handed catch. There was also supposed to be safety help on that play, and Revis tweaked his hamstring. The other TD, he got beat, but there were reports Wilson was supposed to help him there.

I'm not making excuses, but while he hasn't been Revis Christ good, he has still been good for us, while not close to 100%.

You can't say his work ethic is poor when he comes in out of shape after sitting 2 weeks with his hamstring. He was getting 6+ hours of treatment a day.

What do you want him to do?

14. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

I'm all for him playing through this. The team doctors have seen milliosn of hamstring in juries before and they cleared him so thats good enough for me. I think this entire injury has been very fishy.

I mean you have your head coach saying he's fine, he''s playing,the doctors cleared him and " it's not vacation time" in regards to sitting him this week. This from the head coach who lobbied for his contract and has basically with his defensive schemes and his brash talk have made Revis the star that he is today.

Then on the other side Revis keeps saying he's not sure if he's playing, he's sore, blah blah blah. One day it's his decision the next it's the coaches if he'll play.

Why the mixed signals? Someone is not telling the truth and I'm leaning toward Revis. I think he's milking this for some reason. Maybe he's still pissed about the Jets kind of smearing his name early in the holdout. I mean can we put it past the guy to fake an injury when he did it this year in camp already.

I don't know hope I'm wrong but Revis' attitude changed this year. He was always the guy who said all the right things and now this season he has publicly called out his teammate (Braylon on the DUI and staying out til 5) and sure he said the slouch thing last year in an interview but how many times last season did Revis call out his opponents none the less when he has barely sniffed the field to back up his talk this year. I don't know what's up with him but I don't like what I see. He needs to shut up and get back to business because as good as Cro has been this defense is not going to be dominant like last years team was against the pass unless revis starts playing at a high level again.

15. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Hes not making over 16 million a year first of all. 4 years 46 million and 32 mill guaranteed. 46 divided by 4 = 11.5. Shit load of money but he did sign for less then what he originally said because he wants to play.

16. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

But he looked FINE in the first half. It wasn't until he took a bunch of snaps that he looked like ass. He didn't aggravate anything - he has said so much. It was not being in game shape, he had dead legs.

17. 624

624 Banned

He definitely wore down at the end of the game, but he has been out for 2 weeks....holdout or no holdout you're not going to be in top shape after missing time with a leg injury.

Revis wasn't the only one getting exposed in the 2nd, other guys were getting beat, and they were picking up our blitz better.

The Vikings got into a rhythm and did a great job picking up our overloads.

18. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

I think this was definitely the case.

One of the first few plays of the game was that tackle he made on the Peterson handoff which was either at or behind the LOS and I remember thinking that his hammy seemed absolutely fine. He was so quick to the runner on that play.

In the 2nd half he looked really slow laterally out there.

As he gets his legs back under him I'm sure we won't see this happening again. I'm just glad that what's being reported right now is not a re-tweak of the injury, but just simple soreness/swelling.

19. 624

624 Banned

Was anyone else screaming at Revis to get down while he was returning the fumble?

20. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

me. i almost jumped off the upper tier. he had fucking huge linemen all around him...waiting to fall and cause a leon washington type injury.