Revis trade thread (Update: Revis to Bucs for '13 1st and cond. '14 4th)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Agreed, but I think the left over staff and woody are tired of the drama year in and year out when it comes to Revis and his money. Add to that he is our best chance to add picks to accelerate our rebuilding process and its the right choice.

2. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Vikings cut Winfield. they have to be talking with the Jets. both 1's, maybe?

3. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

I am over the Revis era and the drama every year with the money.....Let's get the picks and move onward and upward from this pit we find ourselves in. We are in for a very exiting draft. Time to exorcise the demons by purging negativity and starting fresh!

4. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Bucs are the likely Revis destination, if the Jets move quickly http://wp.me/p14QSB-7ChS

5. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Rotoworld:

Citing a source with knowledge of the situation, Profootballtalk.com reports the Buccaneers are Darrelle Revis' likely landing spot if the Jets agree to terms on draft-pick compensation.
    New York received what was classified as a "good" trade offer for Revis on Monday, and now Tampa Bay has been revealed as the team that offered it. PFT's Mike Florio believes the package will be headlined by a 2013 second-round pick or a future first-round selection due to the fact Revis is still in rehab mode from a torn ACL. The Jets are "poised" to act quickly on Revis, so this may be their opportunity to pull the trigger.

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

per ProFootballTalk the Buccaneers are in talks for Revis

7. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

I hate this bullshit. They need to get a Herschel Walker type deal for me to do this. Fuck Idzik and fuck Johnson

8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

So true. I hate to see Revis being traded but it is the cold hard fact. We don't have money to pay him and rebuild. I hope he can bring in some quality picks.

9. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

Not a chance...

Besides the Vikings are going to need one of those ones to replace Harvin.

Here's the bottom line for me. Woody doesn't want to sign Revis to a long term deal. He's had it with him and doesn't want to go through the aggravation again.
    I'm with him on that.

However trading him for anything less than a first rounder is stupid.

Let's start with a first this year and a second next year and call it a day.

10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

So a second rounder now or a future first rounder, not both? I want at least a first now

11. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

*post deleted*

#151 JET'S_my_name, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  12. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

i've got a feeling revis is going to have a stellar 2013 season. i'm not saying it's wrong to move him. i'm very tired of the money-grubbing drama and i think cornerback is not where a team should tie-up all their salary. but it's gonna be a painful season here 'listening' to people moan about another great game revis had for another team.

that said, i put this on revis. were he (his representation) a little more cooperative, he'd be a jet for life. i think playing a career for one franchise is a lot better legacy than bouncing around for pay days, which will likely happen if he's traded.

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I have a serious question: How can Revis be traded if he CLEARLY can't currently pass a physical?

14. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

same way Percy Harvin was...he can pass a physical more than likely.

15. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Revis imrpvoes a good or great team and puts them over the top. We aren't good or great currently so we can't take advantage of his ability to shut down one WR. That becomes a great thing if you can stop the run and get a lead to force the other team to pass, something that didn't happen last year. If the Jets think they can rebuild and become a playoff contender quickly, you need to at least try to resign him. If the Jets think the process is going to take a while and want to get a crop of new, handpicked players in, trading him makes more sense

16. egelband

these writers are peepee-dickie. they don't know anything. i tend to give front offices the benefit of the doubt...and always doubt the writers. there are very few writers who ever get these things right. it's always a-hundred-and-fifty 'sure things' from these guys that never happen. then they get one right and live off it for five years.

17. egelband

yes, for sure. a contender should definitely be willing to give up a couple nice picks, including a one, for revis. he can put a good team over-the-top. and the pros are aware of this. which is why i expect the jets to get a pretty good haul for him. maybe not all teams will view him as a savior, based on their situation, but there will be a good number of teams willing to bed. i totally disagree with the implication that the jets are (seen to be) peddling garbage and happy to get a third or second rounder from a top team. a year of revis, even if it's just a year, is very valuable to many teams. totally agree.

18. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

It would be great if they restructured holmes to send him over too. VJax, Mike Williams and Holmes would be a nice trio.

Yeah, that's just me making playstation madden trades though...

19. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/j...-buccaneers-in-pursuit-of-jets-darrelle-revis

Several teams are pursuing Darrelle Revis, including the Eagles and Buccaneers, according to league sources.

The Jets would like to make the deal as soon as possible, though Revis' recovery from ACL surgery complicates things. Jets owner Woody Johnson is highly motivated to make the deal, as we first reported weeks ago, but sources involved in the discussions have said teams have been hesitant to part with a bevy of picks only to then have to step up and give Revis a deal making him one of the highest paid players in the game.

Revis has one year worth $6M left on his contract and the Bucs and Eagles have ample cap space, and could create more with the release of veteran corners Eric Wright (set to make $8M this season in Tampa) and Nnamdi Asomugha (set to make $15M in Philly). Both have long been likely cuts anyway, due at least in part to their big salaries.

Both Tampa and Philadelphia are willing to be aggressive to make moves and have long discussed this move internally, sources said. other teams have expressed interest as well.

20. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Philadelphia Eagles will release former Pro Bowl CB Nnamdi Asomugha today.