Revis trade thread (Update: Revis to Bucs for '13 1st and cond. '14 4th)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Perhaps Revis will tell us from a player's pov. Revis might shed more light on the circus that perhaps used to be the Jets. Ryan backers might want to pay close attention.

2. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

But the deadline sets a time for us to HAVE TO deal....and likewise, if Revis kicks ass then his price will only go higher as far as what he wants in an extension. Never mind the circus and bad media attention it'll bring that we kept Revis who may very well be a goner in due time.

Likewise, what happens if Revis doesn't recover to the form we knew and loved? What happens if he reinjures himself?

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Kristian Dyer ‏@KristianRDyer 15m
    Idzik on a new deal for Revis, said there was a major difference in their value of the player and his own value for a contract extension.

4. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

@Revis24

I been sitting around for the last hour trying to figure out what to say to the Jet Nation & I came up with this. The six years I played for the New York Jets were unbelievable. I put my body on the line everyday & did everything could to help the team win. I experienced a lot & & learned a lot. The memories I had in New York I will keep dearly to my heart. I want to thank all the jets fans for making me feel welcome.

5. BakerMaker

My man I get that...I get you want a title contender and hate the thought of rebuilding but its a process that needs to get done. SF went through it, SEA went through it, the Jets will now too. Its in the best interest in the long run to have a young, talented team with a bunch of fairly priced players.

6. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

What Idzik was thinking, "No way in hell I'm paying 16 mil for a corner"

( I'm joking, if I knew what Idzik was thinking I wouldn't be posting on a football message board)

7. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

no because dickheads were saying if we trade Revis we can get multiple impact players, we're getting one

he want 6yrs/96M and got that even with the injury, the compensation would have changed for us and maybe only his guarantee with the new team

its just hard to cope with

8. AlToon

AlToon Member

There wasn't much of a market for Revis.

John Schneider of the Seahawks back in February

Schneider was asked what he thought the trade market would be like for Darrelle Revis if the Jets ended up putting him on the market.

"That's hard for me to tell because of everybody's cap situations right now, there's a couple of teams that are in real good situations but as a whole I'm not sure if you'll see a ton of teams doing a whole lot right away," he said. "I just don't know, I could be completely wrong. I know he's a great player but I don't know how that would work."

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2013/02/trade_market_for_darrelle_revi.html

Schneider is an excellent GM.

There was ONE team. Where were the other teams? The Jets are fortunate TB was willing to deal their #1 pick in the deal for Revis.

This fallacy of keeping Revis and then trading him in October. The Jets are getting more than the 13th pick in the draft for someone eligible to walk at the end of the season?

Some people need to get out of fantasy land and get into the real world.

The same people refused to believe the Jets were even discussing a trade for Revis.

The market is the market.

9. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

you're right man we just gotta draft smart and play hard, I got faith in my team and I hope we become Seattle East

10. AlToon

AlToon Member

Rex will be out of here by next January.

11. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Who cares if he does or doesn't?

12. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

The beginning of a new franchise. Young, hungry and built through the draft. The sky is the limit now.

Our cap is solved. Old players are gone. Youth has taken over. The draft is our bloodline.

This team will be something special under Idzik. It's coming

13. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Hey Rex what about offense

14. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

So Revis will now be in a pass heavy division, outside of Rex Ryan's system, coming off a torn ACL. What happens if he comes back and looks very very human? Then what will people say?

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I doubt it - you look at the defense and I only know one coach that can coach up those young players in a specific scheme and make it work. Rex Ryan

16. BakerMaker

Ask Marty M.

17. PuMa

PuMa Banned

Dont get into that so deeply if Rex finds a way to win atleast 8-9 games without revis,a young D or an Offense i think he signs for 2 -3 more years just to see what he can do with a rebuilt team because lets be honest,he is the best Defensive mind in the NFL

18. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Or another bust like Vernon the Ghost

19. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Who cares what a reporter says. Reporters are shills for the players. They kiss their feet in return for access. It isn't their salary cap. They don't root for any one. How anyone can say they stole him when they are handing out 16 MILLION dollars tells you how irrelevant their opinion is. Well the jets aren't paying him 16 million. I consider that a steal!

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Fair point but we didn't just trade our best offensive player.