Revis trade thread (Update: Revis to Bucs for '13 1st and cond. '14 4th)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Mar 10, 2013.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Minny's QB wasn't good, the other 3 absolutely.

Cincy didn't have a great QB in 2011 when they shocked everyone by making a playoff run, we see teams jump up(and jump back) every year.

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Such idiots on here. Ask TB for more, they deny, so let Revis walk with a conditional pick. Or, trade a player coming off an acl tear to the only team interested with a first and third rounder. The lack of common sense on here is hilarious.

Idzik couldn't get anything else LOL you act like there were ten teams lined up and we took the worst deal. Some of you keep bitching that we should have gotten more, enlighten me, what more could we get? TB was just going to draft a CB, do they weren't gonna bite. Who else would we trade with

3. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

I agree 100%. Revis to me is the best CORNER of all time

4. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

agreed, but still sorry to see him go.

5. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

Nor should the Jets but when it comes down to it the Jets got something a First round pick and a 3rd instead of just a 3rd. A Shutdown corner does win Superbowls.

Jets got a decent deal hear. Lets hope Idzik can make something out of the 13th pick.

6. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

He would have taken less then that

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Exactly but don't try talking logic to junc..he has tunnel vision on everything.

8. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Nah, the problem I have is we needed at least 3 picks. Idzik should have battled harder for 3 picks, this is weak. We are in desperate need of players in every position, including the ones we signed players in FA. OLB still sucks, OG still sucks, S still sucks, RB still sucks.

The reflection of injury concern should have come across in the contract of Revis. The actual value of Revis is much higher than what we got.

The only saving grace is this GM evidently knows that 16M$/year for a guy not near the ball isn't proper building.

9. nyjunc

I love Curtis, he is one of my favorite people to ever wear a Jet uni but he was never the best RB in any given year, Revis has been the best defensive player. Revis is the best we have ever had.

We won't know Thursday either, we won't know until players suit up and help us win based off these picks.

10. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

[youtube]5vVPgaSynf4[/youtube]

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Never..they refuse to accept any form of reality here..you will learn.

12. vinbrando

vinbrando New Member

It's comical to me how stupid a majority of Jets fans are. You don't pay a CB QB money. It's as simple as that.

13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

You are absolutely clueless. Do you see the contract he just signed? He got no guaranteed money. And you think you would've sign for less than 16 million per year? It was all about the per year amount with him.

14. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Hallelujah. People let the media talks of what we should get....get in their head. Again I think Idzik did this deal as he's got an idea of interest for the 9th or 13th pick. I could very well be wrong but lets give our GM some damn time before wanting his head....

The guy has come from some smart FO and knows how to play this game...he can very well make that 13th pick and turn it into a surplus of picks moving forward.

15. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

The cap space being freed up next year, does help somewhat, and should be taken into consideration. As far as next year is concerned, this deal would be whoever we get with the 13th (lets say Austin or Jarvis Jones maybe), plus the 3rd (no way they cut him), plus who we can sign with that money. Jimmy Graham? Clay Mathews?

This year is a rebuilding year anyway, so not much to get excited about. But from 2014 on, would you take Graham or Mathews, Austin or Jones, and 3rd for Revis?

Saying all that, I really do wish we got more draft picks. Atleast another 3rd this year, because the draft was very deep. Also, I don't think getting the 13 has that much of a drastic effect on us trading down from the 9 that we have to wait and see how it unfolds. Unless we trade down the 13th pick, it shouldn't really factor into the evaluation of this trade.

Right now, I'm still disappointed in the deal just because I thought 1,3,5 was the baseline offered. One instance where I guess it was better off for the media to have an inside scoop.

16. nyjunc

the worst poster on here talking about others and logic.:breakdance:

17. JustaJetFan

JustaJetFan Member

He battled for 3 picks and failed.

If he continued to battle for 3, chances are he'd end up with none.

18. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Jets Slogan

Extend the Shitty players and Ship out the Elite players

19. nyjunc

Don't confuse my frustration w/ this deal to mean I don't like Idzik, I love his approach, I have liked everything about him so far. I think he handled this trade beautifully up until the actual execution of it. I am very hopeful for the future w/ him running our show. He made a bad deal but he can make up for it.

20. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Revis would have needed to play at his excellent level until he was in his early-mid 30's to equal up to what Martin did to end his career IMHO.

That's why I have a "Wait and see" approach rather than want to cut Idzik's head and fire him right off the bat as opposed to other posters. This deal won't be judged or fully evaluated until years down the line because the talent we may get could be great in the long haul to go along that we could get a surplus of picks because of pick 13.