Revis trade thread (Update: Revis to Bucs for '13 1st and cond. '14 4th)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Depending on the contract Revis signs with the Bucs we'll now wether we did the right thing or not...
    (it also depends on what we got in exchange of course)

2. bigbucks24

bigbucks24 Active Member

Sorry. I was being sarcastic to the people that beat the "media has no idea what is going on because the Jets FO never reveal anything" drum every time a negative comment is made about the Jets FO. On the other hand, when it is good news, or a good article about Idzik, it is completely accurate.

3. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Revis gone

None of the teams that made the playoffs had Revis. In the modern NFL you cannot pay a cornerback outsized money. Unfortunately, you win with offense. Too bad Rex doesn't know it.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It is just as likely and in a matter of hours we will know who blinked. I think it is just as likely that the Jets did as the Bucs. They weren't going to re-sign him and they will get at least a first by dumping him now..still I think the Jets will get at least 3 picks which means the Bucs caved first.

5. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

This is a sad day for Jet fans. I really hope these draft picks pan out, and that the future of this team is bright because of it. But right now, today, this is a sad day for Jet fans.

I thought this team could compete in 2013 if we had the best secondary in football and improved QB play, now it looks like we really are rebuilding, which I hate to admit. CB is now a need, I hope we use one of those first two picks on a CB.

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Not to get off topic here as Martin certainly is one of the greatest to ever play for the Jets at no point in his career with the Jets was he considered the best player in the league at his position. He belongs in the HOF but I don't think at his pinnacle he was as good as Revis is at his. You could however make the argument that Martin meant more to the Jets than Revis did.

7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Theyre actually gonna give a corner $15m per? Have fun Tampa.

8. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

If we can get Star and Austin in the first, D moore in the second and the best safety in the third. Ni would call that perfect

9. bigbucks24

bigbucks24 Active Member

I don't think we'll ever know who blinked because I don't think we'll ever know what the original offers were. If the Jets get 1, 3, and 5, how do we know that they weren't asking for 1, 3, and 4? Or 1, 2, and 5? I think 1, 3, and 5 is a good deal for the Jets, but I don't think there is any way to say that if they get it, the Bucs blinked.

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The first problem here is you thought we would compete by adding Revis when we already had a top passing defense without him and improving QB play. If you really thought that, then you aren't watching closely enough.

11. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

It worked for Keyshawn. I liked Revis, let's see what last gift he is going to give us.

Mahalo mother fucker!

12. BroadwayAaron

@BrianCoz: Nothing finalized yet but source says Jets will get Bucs' 1st rd pick this year (13 overall), other picks probably will be in 2014. #NYJ

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

We don't know how good Revis still is. We also don't know if the coach ion Tampa will ever get as much out of him as Rex did. Maybe they will have him play zone like Philadelphia did with Asomugah. Everything is speculation. What we do know, more or less, is that the Jets wouldn't be able to afford to re-sign him for 15 million a year and Tampa can..either now or after he walks away at the end of this year and that's all that really matters.

14. Jonky

Jonky Banned

You do realize that the Jets have not said or leaked anything. This is coming from Tampa. If it was coming from the Jets, the ESPN reporter with the original story would have been Cinimini and not Cole. Now go back to your main screen name.

15. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

We did not have a top passing defense last year. Those stats were inflated by the fact that teams did not have to throw on us. Cro held his own, but there is no comparison to a Cromartie-Revis CB tandem.

16. bigbucks24

bigbucks24 Active Member

So it is your belief that all of this info is coming from the Bucs and nothing is coming fro the Jets? I guess that could be true, but I doubt it.

Not sure what you mean by main screen name. This is the only one I have. I think the Mods can verify that.

17. BroadwayAaron

The glaring issue still remaining here is that you think all we needed was improved QB play to compete. That's just... I dunno, delusional I guess.

18. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

You guys do realize that safety is a part of pass defense? Total turnover there this year and in case you don't know, Dawan is near bottom of the barrel, especially compared to LaRon.

19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Can see it now --- "Sanchez picked off by Revis! And Revis goes 103 yards untouched down the sideline!"

20. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

Fixed it for ya!