Revis trade thread (Update: Revis to Bucs for '13 1st and cond. '14 4th)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I'm excited. This draft is going to be especially fun, and the upcoming week just got infinitely more entertaining.

Hopefully this is the precursor to similar weeks in Jan/Feb.

#2441 Snatch Catch, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  2. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

If Idzik drafts well, it could jumpstart the Jets and bring them back into playoff contention within a year or two. If he drafts like 2008-2010 Tannenbaum, then we'll be stuck in the cellar for a few years.

All this news is just getting me pumped for Thursday.

3. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Please supply some reasons behind this statement. I'm sure we can come up with far more reasons that support his being traded than keeping him. This is GREAT news for all Jets fans. Not for Revis fans...

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

So does this mean you now believe the rumors?

5. AlmightyRevis

AlmightyRevis Member

I wish I could share the optimism on this board, man I feel like garbage...and that picture of Revis in the bucs jersey has me on the verge of puking

I'm a dbacks fan and my team just traded Justin Upton, as bad as that is looking already, this will look FAR worse, I guarantee it

6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

This sucks but it is what it is. I haven't felt this way about a player leaving my team since Jason Kidd got traded from the Nets.

7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

No knock on Cro but no one currently in the NFL can completely fill Revis' shoes. While Cro will be fine for the most part, the bigger question is who's going to fill Cro's shoes? Wilson? *gulp*

8. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

you just lost the greatest jet probably since joe namath and probably a hall of famer CB. regardless if this helps the jets in the long run, it's still a tough day to see your best player leave

9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I don't find that true at all. If Cro plays at the level he did last season, he will absolutely fill the shoes of Revis. Revis may be the best corner in the game, but he had to out-play the previous best to get there.

10. laxin

laxin Active Member

I have been a big proponent of the trade, but we wont truly know how it ends up after 2-3 years. Even this thursday is a big justifier of the trade. Idzik has MASSIVE pressure on him with the draft now, lets hope he knows what he's doing there.

11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I just don't understand what joy people would get out of having our best player stay but still being terrible. That's just being a fair weather fan IMO. Why keep a guy that can net you what you NEED? It's not like he's make or break for this team. And honestly with us trying to rebuild, he's more break than make.

12. AlmightyRevis

AlmightyRevis Member

Well said, probably go into the hall of fame wearing those bucs colors :/

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Well we certainly need to draft or trade for a CB now..we can't possibly depend on Wilson to do the job.

14. AlmightyRevis

AlmightyRevis Member

Fair weather fan? I'm sorry but that makes zero sense to me. I'm sorry if I enjoy the game of football, not just bragging to my friends that "my team' won. And watching the best corner I've ever seen play (not to mention a great leader) was a thrill for the past five years. Very few teams win the superbowl, but being a fan can still be fun when you care about the players on your team...if that makes me a "fair weather fan" I guess I need to re-acclimate to the new definition.

15. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Hopefully Idzik got this years first and next years first, plus a 3rd rounder this year.

If so, we can start Sanchez, go 3-13, and get Bridgewater or Manziel next year. And then have 3 first rounders to surround him with.

16. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Who cares, there are plenty of hall of famers who haven't won a title. Yes Revis was a great player for the Jets but we need more than a cap crippeling CB.

17. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

It's sad to see our best player go, but if its the better move for the team then it has to be done.

18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

To me, people like yourself don't care about winning as much as they do having fun watching. I can dig that. Shit, I've been a Knick fan since I started going to games in 93. I know what it's like to just want to have an enjoyable team that you don't want to collectively drown in a river. But after a while it gets old to me. I need results at some point. The Knicks are finally giving them to me and the Revis trade gets the Jets to where they need to be to potentially do the same.

Maybe fair weather was the wrong term. Casual I guess.

19. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

Looking like we will have the 9th and 13th. I really hope we trade back from one of these picks and pick up some extra picks

20. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

As much as I respected his talent, I'm happy to see Mevis go. He was holding the Jets hostage every year, wanting more and more money. In his contract he had a clause that he could never be franchise tagged...

Mevis, thanks for what you've done. Time for you to hold Tampa hostage now.