Revis trade thread (Update: Revis to Bucs for '13 1st and cond. '14 4th)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Mar 10, 2013.

1. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I still don't understand how Tampa thinks Revis is the missing piece lol. I could easily see them missing the playoffs this year even with Revis. Especially if Carolina is better than last year.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Their GM is in the last year of his deal. If they don't make the playoffs he's likely gone. He could be the difference in playoffs or not for a team that had an awful secondary last year.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Yes but they were a very efficient pass defense no matter how you look at it (opposing completion percentage and opposing QB rating). The old, slow linebackers had more to do with the run defense than anything else.

I'm sure Revis being gone did have some impact on the Run D as he free's up a player but not more than the terrible linebacker play and the degraded play of Pouha.

4. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

Stevie had 6 catches for 111 yds on Cro.........Cro has problems with shifty guys.......it's the big Andre Johnson types that he excels against.

5. AnyGivenSunday

AnyGivenSunday Active Member

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

If the Jets' haul for Revis is a 1, a 3 and a 5, buzz is that New York could then flip the 5 to the Saints for RB Chris Ivory.

6. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

I am not watching a single game this year. Fuck this team. Fuck Idzik. Fuck Johnson. Fuck Rex. Fuck Sanchez. Fuck Tebow. Fuck everyone

7. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

No, he isn't in the last year of his deal.

Schiano likes to blitz and Revis is one of the few CBs that can hold things down on his own.

Put in a terrible situation, Idzik is a champ.

8. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

They were in playoff contention most of last year. Keep in mind this was a team that was getting torched consistently through the air remember the Giants game? They have a solid receiving corps with Williams and Jackson, Blount and Martin at RB. They have solid defensive players like Bowers, Barber, Goldson, Barren. Maybe Revis puts them over the top.

9. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

There is no way the Jets take a QB in round 1 (even with two picks)....unless they trade down and take one late round 1. There is no slam-dunk 1st round QB. They need to restock this entire team with talent.

I am very excited to see what the Jets do in the draft this week.

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

If this is your reaction to a trade that clearly is the best possible move for a team then you will not be missed.

11. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Wow! This trade is even weeding out all the fair weather fans. Idzik rules.

12. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

Hey troll fag, we don't need your negativity.

Unfortunately, last season we got blown out 3 times, which I'm sure leads to some of those rushing stats.

13. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

people seem to forget how great revis is at tackling those big running backs at the line....oh wait.

14. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Damien Woody ‏@damienwoody 2m

Love Revis...best in the biz but you can't build a defense around a corner. Players closer to the football tend to have bigger impact

...What's that you say? Well put.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You are right. I could have sworn I read somewhere that he was in the last year of his deal and I've been repeating that. Oops.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I wouldn't worry too much about this. Even if he signs for a figure that is at the limit of what you think reasonable for the Jets to have given him remember that there are major tax considerations at work here. It's a lot cheaper to work in Florida than it is across most of the northeast and in NY/NJ in particular.

17. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

I have no problem with this lol.

18. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

absolutely - the last thing I want to see if the Jets burn a first round pick on a 2/3rd quality QB - I mean, how has that worked out for the titans/jags/Vikings so far?

19. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

All I know is I feel alot better going up against a secondary that has Kyle Wilson as the #2 then I did against one that had Revis as the #1. I can def see us sweeping the Jets this year if Pettine can call a decent game.....cause I feel Marrone will have a run heavy offense of Spiller & FJax with a hurry up offense sprinkled in. The Gailey Bills were tailor made for the Jets and it showed on the scoreboard.

20. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

still think its been totally overblown by the clueless media who knows NOTHING and has been overhyping this rumor for months and has never produced a verified source of any information. NYJ are better off retaining Revis and telling TB to F off.