Revis trade thread (Update: Revis to Bucs for '13 1st and cond. '14 4th)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Makes a lot of sense for the Jets too who will now only see him once every four years or in the superbowl.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Copying our posts from the Ryan Fitzpatrick extension negotiations?

3. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m
    Breakthrough: Jets have granted permission for CB Darrelle Revis to visit Tampa Bay and undergo a physical with the Buccanners, per sources.

Tanny is too blame for all this. Idzik failed to fix this mess.

Teams just don't trade their best players a future hall of famer.

The Jets are NFLs most dysfunctional team.

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Man this is a bad post. You don't even realize that Idzik IS fixing this mess by taking the best course of action possible.

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Of course they do..Rams traded Warner, KC traded Allen, Jets even traded Abraham..it happens all the time if it helps the team (or let them walk away which is what we would have gotten with Revis in a year anyway).

6. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Fixed that for you

7. John

John Active Member

To me Idzik is building a young team with no drama and that's what he wants. I mean i love Revis but people seem to forget our secondary finished 2nd without him! I truly believe in Idzik

8. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Well, the Bills demolished the Jets in the second game last year, and as the Jets keep coming down and down and down, its not the one-sidedness it used to be.

Before last season the Jets were probably the most difficult team for the Bills to play matchup wise. We had a weak offense that relied on the pass, and a defense that couldnt stop the run. Face a Jets team that defends the pass, and used to pound the ball on offense, and it will be a long day.

It wasn't just Revis on whoever that was a problem for offenses, it was also Cromartie on the #2 guy. Cromartie as a #2 is better than probably all teams' #2 WR, so literally both your WRs would be shut down when playing the Jets.

Get rid of Revis, and Cromartie moves up to the #1 guy guarding the #1 WR (which btw, he was outstanding last year), and you've now got a better shot at going to your #1 and #2 receivers.

This may be off topic, but I think Cromartie will actually give Stevie more trouble than Revis did. Not that Cromartie is better, but I think his length will be a problem for Stevie.

9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

C'mon Tampa...... the last time you trade two first round picks for a JETS player you won a Super Bowl. :wink:

Jarvis Jones #9, Warmack #13
    They need blue chip foundation players, no way I want the BEST player on the team parlayed into athletic prospects.

#2349 stinkyB, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  10. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Exactly. The best thing about Revis leaving will be that I can now say the best player on the Jets is young, doesn't cause drama, and makes 1.9 mill a year:

[​IMG]

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

lol - yea - the first time you beat the Jets in THREE YEARS, but it's been balanced. :eek:hmy:

12. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Well at least this saga is coming to an end...

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Billsover jets,,,,,,I have to tell you something I was at that Bills Jets game at your stadium. I was in Buff that week and hung with alot of Bills fans. I was talking to many of them before and after the game pretty comical stuff the hating on Fitzpatrick and the whole staff,,,,,and to quote quite a few of them " I would take Sanchez over Fitzpatrick in a minute " as I said funny stuff. Most said Chain Gailey was a great guy / nice person but lots of issues with the coaching staff....but I stray,bottom line is we both sucked last year and if you want to be happy that you guys blew up your organization and are starting over I understand that, as I am quite happy that we have started over . I would rather we had gone Bills route and blown it up coach and all but again I stray,bottom line is I can understand all opposing fans wanting Revis gone , hell he is the best CB in the league but I remember alot of John Abraham support on this board and by fans when we got rid of him but Nick Mangold made me easily forget Johnny :beer: Rant over we will see how this plays out,,,rite now I understand the move and like it !

14. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Such wisdom!

15. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

LTJF, to be honest there might not be much separating the jets and bills. The truth will be in this draft and next years draft. Its really the pats and three shitty teams...

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

RE: compensation

I'm HOPING that the Bucs broke down and made an offer the Jets couldn't refuse, which presumably would be more than what we've heard speculated so far. The other reasons we're seeing movement at this point is that a) The Jets lost the stare down and took their best offer with the clocking running out or b) both parties just wanted to wait until the last minute to do the physical for obvious reasons.

I doubt the Jets lost the staredown. I think they could have waited longer before blinking and from what we know of Idzik I just find that to be unlikely.

17. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Haven't posted here much because I'm just so frustrated at the way the Jets/Revis camp have handled this entire situation. But now that a trade is imminent, I fear more what the Jets will do with the draft picks (probably royally fuck it up), more than I am with how we will fair without Darelle anymore.

The D can clearly play without him, but the D is already much different than it was last year without him.

It's ten minutes to 11. Is it too early for a beer, or 10?

18. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

The key to this trade is the picks you get and who you pick with them. If you go with a QB in round 1 now they have to be great or its a monumental screw up and the Jets are the laughing stock of the league.

19. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

20. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

Yea you finished 2nd in pass defense but finished 26th in rush defense.