Revis To Miss At Least One Week (Sources "feeling")

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SixFeetDeep, Sep 20, 2010.

1. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

^for a human being. This isn't a human being we're talking about, it's Darrelle Revis.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

The only team between now and the bye that it matters is Denver.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That is if you don't have a billion dollar football franchise sparing no expense on medical resources to get you healthy again. Not to say it won't take that long, but they have legal and somewhat legal means of speeding up the healing process. Look at Wes Welker. The guy had spaghetti for a knee halfway through January and he was making cuts at OTAs and playing at full speed halfway through the preseason.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Oh, there's no question at all that the Jets could give Revis legal remedies to help rebuild the muscle tissue faster. Those also have potential long-term side effects that they'd need to take into account and also do not shield Revis (and the team) from a potential re-aggravation that would sideline him for much longer.

The NFL is full of hamstring injuries that get re-aggravated and cause players to miss longer periods of time than they otherwise would. That's why the conventional wisdom on a hamstring is to take as long as it takes to be fairly sure it has healed. I expect the Jets will do that.

They have a huge amount of money tied up in Revis right now and all of it is guaranteed for injury.

5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

If we are 2-2 by the time we get Revis, Pace, and Holmes back we are primed and ready to go.

I think we'll be 3-1 obviously and our offense will be putting on a show. If Mark can pick apart a BB coached defense he no doubt can handle our next 2 opponents.

Surprising to some maybe is the fact that the Bills were the number 2 pass defense last year behind who know who, and a good 500 yards behind. (just wanted that to be clear)

The Bills shut down Henne which seems easy to do, but Rodgers not so much.

I'm not sure which thread it was in but a Phin fan said Allan was owned this past week and that is simply not true. There were only 15 passing plays and he had 1 sack, and 3 QB hurries. 2 tackled as well-

6. GridIron

GridIron New Member

did we hear the results from the MRI yet? At first it looked like he got beat then just grabbed his leg but Idk was listening to B & C and they seem to think it was just to convenient but idk.. video.msg.com/Home/On-Darrelle-Revis-WFAN-s-Boomer-and-Carton-on-MSG-9-20

7. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

There's no reason to play him against Buffalo so we might as well let him rest up until we play Favre in two weeks.

8. jets1988

jets1988 Member

Might as well rest him until week 5 against the Vikings no need to bring him back against the Bills and risk getting injured even further

#88 jets1988, Sep 20, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  9. MadBacker Prime

Cimini said Revis told him he could be out a week or 2, bu Revis said he could even play this week. Cimini emphasized the "Revis Said" part.

10. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I agree.
    See ya monday night against the Vikes Darrelle.

Besides, Moss thinks Cro is better,anyway.:rofl2:

11. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Anyone know if Brad Smith's injury was serious? I know it was to his jaw, but that's about it.

12. MadBacker Prime

I think he hurt it when his jaw dropped after seeing Mark and Braylon complete that 2 point conversion.

That whole sequence was fabulous.

13. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

It has been so long since I have seen the Jets execute that back corner fade like that. When Sanchez threw the TD to Braylon I didn't like the throw when I first saw it because I figured it would be knocked down or miss badly. Sanchez put it on the money and Braylon looked like a true #1 for the first time since his debut in Miami last year. The two point conversion felt like money in the bank the second I saw Sanchez let go of the ball. Perfect pass and perfect play by Braylon.

14. MadBacker Prime

Yeah I've been saying all along, Braylon was built for that pass. He is our version of 2007 Plax, he made Eli look so good on that exact route. They should run that as much as possible. Braylon literally jumped up reached down in front of the guy and scored, it was a thing of beauty. The stare down was the icing on the cake.

15. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

It certainly was nice to see our guy physically manhandle their guy. That poor corner had no chance.

16. flajetfanson

flajetfanson New Member

does the term f off mean anything to you? Just checking fin fan jesus fing christ can't you guys take a hint this thread has nothing to do with you so stop posting here .

17. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

I agree about your assessment and am hoping Cromartie can slow Marshall down enough for Pool to put a licking on him.

18. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Or act like a baby on the practice field and be a general malcontent?

19. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

It really seemed like our defense played better without Revis. It doesn't make any sense to me why, but I think we will be fine until he gets back.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Someone on Patsfans.com of all places brought up the Ewing Theory, and I think it bears some repeating. When Patrick Ewing would get injured either at Georgetown or with the Knicks, the team would play better without him, because they could not depend on his freakish ability or size, so they had to play their hearts out.

The same thing happened with Pouha and Devito in 2009 when Kris Jenkins got hurt, and this year in the first 2 games.