Revis, the Mercenary

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Sean_in_titletown, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Sean_in_titletown

2. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Why is this in the Jets' forum?

3. Sean_in_titletown

I don't think the apostrophe is necessary. The forum doesn't belong to the Jets.

4. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

Revis , who?

Never heard of him.

TNJet likes this.
  5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Sean_in_tittytwist makes his annual troll appearance.

Jets69 likes this.
  6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Revis would have really helped the Pats about 7 years ago when nobody could stop the Pats offense. Of course, they went 16-0 that year anyway...

It'll be interesting getting your (Pats fans) opinions on what the value of an all-world CB really is in today's NFL. If you look at the games the Jets have beat the Pats over the last 7 years or so I don't think Revis is the guy who did that.

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see after spending so much time calling Revis overrated if Pats fans finally understand how good he actually is. And then see how much they value it. Again, this is the type of move you make if you feel you are that move away from a SB, which the Patriots believe.

The AFC East plays the NFC North this year right? So we get to see Revis vs Marshall which is a great 1 vs 1 battle if the refs allow it. Also get to see Revis vs Calvin and Jordy and Jennings.

8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

dead to me

9. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I wish Revis could've been our LT but I guess it wasn't meant to be. If Revis wants to spend the rest of his career as a glorified journey man then so be it. But he could've been THE greatest Jet ever and a revered figure in this town and franchise. I understand that he wanted to get the maximum value of his contract while he still can, but still I wish there could've been a middle ground and Revis plays his entire career here.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I never liked anything about Revis as a person. I hate greedy people who are all about themselves. Actually a very pathetic way to live your life. You need to be a team player. I would always put that aside when watching the Jets, because Revis' talent is off the charts and best I have ever seen on the Jets. Off the field, not a fan though. I once tweeted him if I should buy his home or away jersey and he responded with "Both". Classic Revis. I like how Revis is being credited for being a team-guy with Patriots accepting a $12 million deal. That is not chump change!

Brook! likes this.
  11. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

All the Pats fans I hang around with already knew he was great. I don't recall hearing overrated often if ever. I'm sure some dimwit on a Pats forum similar to this one probably aired some idiotic thread about it at some point. But it certainly was not a prevalent opinion up here.

I just hope he's close to what he was in the Jet years for us this year.

I also hope he can still get away with that discreet holding I used to bitch about that you guys claim didn't exist. It'll be interesting to see what's written on the game thread the first time it happens!

LWC611 likes this.
  12. Dierking

So, you've now officially given up the ship on the ludicrous charade that you aren't a Patriots fan?

13. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I don't recall Pats fans ever calling him overrated, but they had their criticisms as well.

My favorite was "he's the best corner in the league, but I wonder where he would be if he didn't get away with more contact than anyone."

Cant wait to use that one.

14. Dierking

You have chowder all over your face.

15. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Then you should hate the NFL then. All owners are greedy and about there pockets. Why do you think there a salary cap? Name me a owner walking around who can't remember who his family is because of football? There no way you should blame a guy for wanting to get paid as much as he can.

Ralebird and LWC611 like this.
  16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Do you honestly think you're pulling the wool over anyone's eyes here? gfy

17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

If you don't understand what I mean, I don't have enough time to explain it to you.

18. abyzmul

Still trying to scour my posts for something that will get a rise out of me, turd? I already have your fake ass number.

19. abyzmul

You already failed the litmus test when you didn't know how many times the Jets made the playoffs under Rex, fucknut.