Revis signed!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DaBallhawk, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Sean_in_titletown

"When in Rome..."

2. EarlytoRise

EarlytoRise Member

I am confused by your post lol.

3. NJrocket24

NJrocket24 Well-Known Member

ESPN just did a bunch of quick hits about the raiders, colts, bills, and bears.

Nothing about Revis.

4. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

How so? The issue was a 5 year deal (Revis wanted) vs. a 6 year deal (Tanny wanted).

I was just saying I hope Revis got his 5 year deal, 1. because it was fair based on those drafted around him, and 2. I don't want him to be pissy about the Jets FO.

5. NJrocket24

No news yet on the NFL ticker. Lets see what Schefter says. He's talking about Russell and Brady Quinn now.

Nothing on Revis.

6. EarlytoRise

EarlytoRise Member

It is a shame to think that anyone could be pissy about making millions of dollars to do something they love. Assuming that he loves football. I hope he signed the 6 year deal and is extremely motivated to come in and show that he can even play at this level.

The part that I was most confused about was Dyson losing his job to Miller or Poteat. I never heard that was a possibility. Barrett maybe. And I didn't see him really get burned against the Falcons...? Rhodes more so at least haha.

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I can almost guarantee he didn't get a 5 year deal. Think about how that would make the Jets look in future negotiations. I'm sure he got more then the Jets ever wanted to give him but what he got he got over 6 years. Once it went public the Jets had no choice.

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Cimini has to be jumping the gun, he could be signed at this time right now but the team will wait until the ink dries first to announce it. Think contracts are signed but not been handed in for confirmation yet.

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I'm thinking 6yrs with escalators in the 5th and 6th years to make the contract really fat. Incentives must be pro-bowl caliber or nothing. They'll make him earn the full salary.

10. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

tannenbaum sounds way too happy...i'm pretty sure revis signed the 6yr deal

11. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

Haaaaaaaleluja!

Haaaaaaaleluja!

Haleluja! Haleluja!

Haaaaleeeeluuuujaaaaaaaa!!!!!

12. NJrocket24

Awesome, I'm just waiting for some sort of official confirmation or even rumors floating around, but no one's really even mentioned it. They just talk about holdouts like russell and Bobby sanders. Doesn't help that the Mets are on the Radio so WFAN doesn't do its 20/20s as often. They'd definitley be reporting the rumor if its out there.

13. freestater

freestater New Member

Randy Lange, 6:51pm, newyorkjets.com;

14. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Very nice to hear!

15. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

hold up a sec...From newyorkjets.com

Revis Still Close But Not a Done Deal

08/15 ? Eric Mangini had nothing definitive, but a lot that was suggestive, about the Darrelle Revis contract situation at his midday news conference today that just concluded.

"We're pretty close, but we'll kind of see how it goes here," the Jets head coach said when asked if there was an agreement between the Jets and the representatives for the 14th overall pick of the draft. "I'd love to tell you definitively, but that's where we are."

Yet for those who are hearing alarm bells, it's not time to panic. Mangini spoke about his emotions at having his first-round pick close to taking the field

"We're excited about having him here. Obviously, drafting him where we drafted him, knowing the person he is, that's why he's here. On the flip side, I didn't send Mike [Tannenbaum] out for any party hats and noisemakers. It'll be good to get him out there, but he's got a lot of work to do."

And Mangini said Tuesday night that while he didn't speak to the player, he did talk with the player's mother.

"That was great. She was fun to talk to," Mangini said. "I know she's going to push him hard, too. A guy like Darrelle with his character, that comes from the support of his family and from spending time with his mother. You can easily see how he became the young man he is."

So at the moment there is no announcement, but there's no reason to believe that the optimism expressed Tuesday night by GM Mike Tannenbaum and agent Neil Schwartz has been misplaced.

On a few other matters, the coach wasn't ruling his several injured players, headlined by RB Thomas Jones, in or out of Friday night's second preseason game against Minnesota in the Meadowlands.

"I think with that whole group, it'll come down to where they are right up to game time," Mangini said. "It's very similar to a regular-season game. We'll go through that same process because that's important for the medical staff, the players and the coaching staff. We'll try to simulate that process because you have a lot of gameday decisions on injuries during the regular season. It's just like then. We'll be smart about it, try to make the best decisions."

Similarly, asked about his quarterback rotation for the Vikings, he said: "I haven't finalized that. Brian [Schottenheimer] and I like to sit down later in the week, as close as possible. We'll talk through the reps, how we want to see different combinations of people. The other thing that affects that is the flow of the game."

In other words, no announcement yet of how he wants to use his QBs. But asked if he thought Chad Pennington will get to throw his first pass of the preseason schedule, the coach said, "I don't know ... I think it's a possibility."

Practice begins in 15 minutes. We'll let you know if a player wearing No. 24 in green takes the field with the rest of the Jets.
    Can
    someone please verify if this is old news please? Or put up a link to where it says Revis is signed for us down at the bottom. thanks!

16. freestater

freestater New Member

look two posts up.

17. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

18. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

got a link?

19. freestater

freestater New Member

...and that's from 6:51pm. :mad: