Revis. Sends chills....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Jun 29, 2012.

1. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Spot on, man.

2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

When did I say he was working for free? I said the hit wasn't that big, plus we'll have a lot more cap space that year. Next year, Revis will get a real longterm contract, rather than this band-aide type deal.

3. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I think i saw Deoin make a tackle once. yes ... I'm pretty sure about that.

4. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Interesting that a guy that's retired surpassed a guy that's still playing. Slow down sonny and let the fingers catch up to what the brain is trying to say.

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Deion retired because he saw young players like Revis coming along and knew he could never compete with them. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

6. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Love Revis but I'd still rate Deion as a better cover corner. Deion would purposely leave openings to bait qb and then snatch up interceptions. When he was with Atlanta I saw him give Rice almost a 2 yard cushion and then race forward to intercept Montana. Rice/Montana is one of the most potent qb/wr combos in NFL history and Deion could still bait interceptions out of them.

Deion > Revis at this point but Revis still has seasons to play. The QB baiting is literally the only thing I see Revis needing to catchup or even surpass Deion.

#86 ajax, Jul 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  7. Footballgod214

We will never know.

Deion played during an era when WRs were mauled their entire rout and absolutely destroyed going over the middle. After the second game of the season, there probably wasn't a single healthy receiver. Or a healthy QB for that matter....back then you could actually smear the queer.

Now, with no contact after 5 yards, no hitting a 'defenseless' receiver, Mr Revis (and all DB's) have it MUCH MUCH harder to play the position.

So...who would do better?

Revis playing under the old rules, or Deion playing under the new rules.

But either way.....using Revis and Deion in the same sentence speaks volumes.

8. SuperBowl50

SuperBowl50 Member

I don't think INTs are a good measure of CB prowess. Zone coverage naturally lends itself to more INTs and Revis has played pretty much all man during his career thus far. That said, I'd bet a better pass-rush would improve his INT numbers.

Revis's best season vs. Deion's best season is a lot closer than people give Revis credit for. Deion still wins by a little bit, but Revis is pretty freaking close.

9. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

are those chills multiplying and leading to a feeling of losing control?

10. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Deion's had a longer, more complete career, sure, but Revis is more than on pace to surpass him.

I would argue that Revis's 2009 campaign was the most dominant single season for a CB in NFL history.

11. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

He's the best defender in football, you dont let him go.

12. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I almost had a fucking heart attack last night when I saw that tweet he put out about being traded. His account got hacked and someone tweeted it apparently. He later put one out that said "Jet for life" or something like that, maybe he was drunk or high or both but it was still a little nicer to see.

13. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

Ditto. His technique is phenomenal. Second best corner ever. I say pay the man. If you can justify getting Tebow you can justify paying your best player.

14. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

^ This is one of the reasons I'm excited for the All-22 footage we're supposed to have access to this season.

15. zace

zace Well-Known Member

He's the best period. No one tops him. Especially in todays pass happy game. His technique is great and he's got the physical tools.

Sent from my SGH-T589 using Tapatalk 2

16. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Damn, had no idea all-22 was FINALLY going to be made available.

Gotta make sure I get this .... NFL left so much $$$ on the table by keeping it hidden for so long.

17. Footballgod214

I wonder if Revis makes our other DBs better, just watching Revis in practice, the way he approaches certain receivers, etc. Some of what Revis brings to the party has to rub off on the other guys, so that gets added into the Revis column too.