Revis: Locker room in "disarray right now"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NoodleArm, Mar 28, 2012.

1. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I saw the tweets by the Jets beat writers and thought OMFG what has Revis said, then you read the article and its nothing.

These guys ar like the worst kind of UK tabloid journalists, the sensationalism is getting beyond a joke with them.

2. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

OMG...this idiot Jet just used words from the English language. In sentences. What an idiot. It is time to create the biggest story of the hour with 3 of them. Muahahahaha

3. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

Yeah, I was wondering myself when I first saw the articles/headlines and then after reading everything he said, it sounds like it wasn't as bad as it was first made out to be.

4. Blue

Blue New Member

Im watching fox 5 news and this dude Duke Castiglione just went all the way in.This dude twisted Revis's words like no other.

He said Revis said that he doesnt like having Tebow on the jets, he doesnt think that this current 2 QB system will work, and that the jets are a circus act at the moment.WTF

5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Pretty specific for an opinion.:)

While Tim Tebow might be a leader in Denver, it does not carry over to the Jets. He has to earn the respect there. He is a not a Super Bowl Winner and not a superstar QB so he can't walk into a locker room and demand a team.

The Holmes-Sanchez thing was blown out of proportion. You see Peyton Manning get mad at a coach because he put special teams out there to punt, "he is such a great competitor". You see Brady whining and yelling at his wide receivers, "he is such a great competitor". You see Holmes mad the offense was stalling, "malcontent, Jets locker room is broken forever"

What everyone forgets is that Holmes was a great teammate in 2010, and in 2010 guess what the Jets were doing, winning and he was getting the ball. He was always on the sidelines pumping up the team and standing right by Rex being a cheerleader. That is from Rex too. I'm sure everyone on the team was frustrated with going 8-8

Rex also decided to name season long captains for the first time this season, thinking it would give certain players more responsibility, and it backfired. He said he wouldn't go back to it, and he will probably do his pick a different captain every Sunday thing, let the players decide who the leaders are.

And whatever anonymous source said that Sanchez isn't a hard worker, is routinely getting blasted by every Jets that openly speaks to the media. So it might have been a loaded question that the reporter then quoted. The thing with the anonymous sources is that we don't know how the questions were phrased. If the reporter asked, "Peyton Manning is a HOF QB in the making, would you like a chance to play with him if he is 100% healthy?" and the player answered yes I would, not a big deal. If the reporter asked, "How do you think Sanchez progressed this year?" and the answer was we need to get peyton manning to run this team, a lot worse. Both say Peyton should play here, but one is a lot worse than the other.

6. tommytom

tommytom Banned

Duke did not twist words. Revis called out the Jets and said they are in disarray. You may want to spin this to your liking but Revis implied they are fighting with each other and that Rex has no control.

7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I think we need to remember when talking about the media that there is a difference between simply being a reporter, passing on what information the reporter has found, and some talking head opinionator, bloviating and spinning some particular line. Yes, it is true that a reporter can represent what he has found in an innacurate manner, but I really don't think such people last very long in the business.

Talking heads, though, are in fact paid to be controversial, to at least some extent. We should not be surprised when we disagree with this one or that one. It comes with the territory. But that doesn't mean we should lump in the beat reporters with those people.

8. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Completely agree with all this and have already said as much.

9. tzinc

tzinc New Member

Ferguson is saying the exact opposite.

at profootballtalk.nbcsports.com

“It’s going to be a bit of a circus atmosphere. But the locker room is getting a lot better,” Ferguson said to Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger.

#89 tzinc, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  10. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Lol no he didn't. When did he say they were fighting. He said disarray when asked during the word association. He said disarray for now. Oh no sky is falling locker room collapsing again.

Why are you still here. You're team lost the superbowl so now to make yourself feel better you like to make it seem like things are worse for the Jets then they really are. Is all this just to distract you from the fact that Tom Brady just went to his last superbowl and lost again. With a defense like that getting back is near impossible

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Revis.

The voice of a generation.

12. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

you mean like all the jets bandwaggoners of 09 and 10? every team that wins in every sport since time began has had hardcores and bandwaggoners

13. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

u old and white?

14. displacedfan

That is a good point. Beat reporters should not be included which I mistakenly did. But you do have to wonder who questioned Sanchez's work ethic when every other player has stepped and said he is the first one in, last one out. I think that is why it might have been a slightly loaded questions. Anything else from anonymous comments like being coddled and etc has been slightly confirmed by ex or current players. This one has been denied by everyone so it left me wondering.

And you are right, the talking heads are supposed to be controversial, I'm just not used to disagreeing with all of them. What they usually like to do is get one on each side, but with the Jets it seems everyone chime in and say this is a disgraceful organization.

And also, I think the actual reporters don't write their own headlines, but I'm not sure. That would explain why a lot of headlines don't actually match the content. I'm sure many fans wouldn't have read the article if the headline said "Revis says Mark is the starting QB". It definitely makes much more sense to say "Revis says lockerroom in disarray".

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

You are correct that the reporters usually do not write the headlines. They do not even have final say over the last draft of the story, for the most part. That is the responsibility of the editors.

One other point you made I think can also be clarified. And that concerns this coddling thing.

I have thought that when you hear it said that Sanchez has been coddled, that does not have to do with whether he works hard, at least not necessarily. Yeah you can coddle someone by not requiring they do their share compared to someone else. But coddling can take other forms.

I agree with you as someone who is not a Sanchez Fan by any means that I have never heard anyone say he does anything but work hard, show up, come in early, stay late. Works with receivers before camp. That sort of thing.

All that is in keeping with what I hear reported.

I think the coddling claim is about something else. It is that Sanchez receives, or has received, what amounts to or is seen as being unequivocal support, but in his case meaning support that is not deserved by his performance. Perhaps it is resentment over how much he gets paid compared to how little he has produced. I think we could all understand that. Perhaps it is that he does not, so far has not, had to face any competition of any sort, having been given the starting job on a silver platter as a rookie and ever since.

In short, the coddling charge has seemed to me to be more about how he has been HANDLED by the CS and FO, rather than some allegation that he is lazy or something.

16. displacedfan

I don't think the coddling refers to his work ethic either. You are right, I didn't clarify that, I was just using it as an example of something that has not been shut down open and close like the work ethic comments.

I was explaining that I think Damien Woody on twitter and some other players have hinted that Sanchez has not been thrown into the fire. When I think coddled, I think it refers to his job security never being in question and maybe the FO/CS never rip him in front of the team but do so to other players? It could also do in part with money, but the comments came out before the extension so I wouldn't lean too heavily on that.

17. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

oh pipe down with that bs

18. Barcs

Barcs Banned

And that, my friends, is the definition of a quote mine.

19. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

FOX 5 news took the facts and completely blew them out of proportion and used them out of context to sensationalize the story? C'mon that doesn't sound like something I'd expect from FOX... :rolleyes: