Resigning Fitz

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Thewatchfuleye, Feb 9, 2016.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The 1985er likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That's a pretty good group to work with. He had three excellent WRs to throw the ball to, and a good CB to throw against. Hopefully, he learned something from those four.

tiger8mush likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I'd agree about the Jets taking on the mantle of a team that no one wants to play. No NFL D is afraid of Fitz. Ivory was banged up. Brick was mediocre. The Jets OLBs were slower than molasses and applied little consistent pressure except when Mauldin was in the game. We had a rookie CS. I don't think any team would have been afraid to play us. No offense meant, but that's a little too optimistic/unrealistic imo.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Haha thanks. Not saying it will happen, but I believe it could happen. :)

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

ahhh... but you are not factoring in the wild card for this year. Quigley finally went down under. Our punting game can only improve. ST's will help us get W's with our defense keeping games close.

TwoHeadedMonster and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

People are all over Fitz and "whether he can be trusted" with a new contract

But Mevi$ can stink up the Buffalo loses last year (it was not jus Fitzs play) taken to school by S Watkins and then get paid 17 mil per year fully guaranteed??!

If our high priced corner shows up we can certainly contend

#3946 NYJetsO12, Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    TNJet likes this.
  7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I blame the CS more than Revis on that one. Awful gameplan to play 10 yards off every receiver.

TwoHeadedMonster and tiger8mush like this.
  8. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We should just come out and announce that Geno is the starter and we are no longer intrested in Fitz .I'm tired of this whole scenario and ready to move on to something else

tiger8mush likes this.
  9. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Revis stunk in both losses? The second loss was game planning, not Revis "stinking it up" Probably becuase of the wrist but regardless, they played all zone on Watkins for some odd reason. I would have put Revis on Woods and doubled Watkins.

As for the first loss? He was on Sammy Watkins all game and this was Sammy's line

CTCH YDS AVG TD LNG TGTS
    Sammy Watkins 3 14 4.7 0 6 7

And before anyone mentions the 3rd down reception at the end to seal it, do you really think that's why we lost that game?

TwoHeadedMonster and JetsVilma28 like this.
  10. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I think Jets FO must base team management keeping in mind priority #1 - make absolutely sure LongIslandBlitz is not tired and is willing to continue ... something.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Revis was horrible in the 2nd game dude. Regardless of scheme Revis watched Watkins catch ball after ball in front of him on 10 yard stops at the first down marker. Bowles should've adjusted and added help underneath if he was going to keep Revis 15 yards off, but at some point the player is on the field dude.

He also got absolutely torched by Watkins in that first game, but Taylor air mailed the fly route in the rain.

TNJet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  12. NYJetsO12

Fair points about DR and to his credit :

Revis recorded a a 56.5 passer rating allowed in 2015, third-best mark in the NFL

However, will he repeat that against some upper tier teams in 2016....and is that worth 39 million fully guaranteed??

My point is that while both Fitz and Revis had good Seasons no one has a shred of doubt about Revis, Skrine and Wiliams where the Jets also went all in but did it really pay off? Antonio Cromartie and Buster Skrine surrendered more than 700 yards each, a combined 10 touchdowns, and passer ratings of over 100.0.

More questions than answers at corner, where we spent millions already, but they low ball Fitz a key element in winning ...SMH

13. NYJetsO12

Fair points about DR and to his credit :

Revis recorded a a 56.5 passer rating allowed in 2015, third-best mark in the NFL

However, will he repeat that against some upper tier teams in 2016....and is that worth 39 million fully guaranteed??

My point is that while both Fitz and Revis had good Seasons no one has a shred of doubt about Revis, Skrine and Wiliams where the Jets also went all in but did it really pay off? Antonio Cromartie and Buster Skrine surrendered more than 700 yards each, a combined 10 touchdowns, and passer ratings of over 100.0.

More questions than answers at corner, where we spent millions already, but they low ball Fitz a key element in winning ...SMH

14. joe

joe Well-Known Member

anything new on the fitz front?

no?

bye.

#3954 joe, Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    Ralebird and FJF like this.
  15. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I love how dudes continue to drop by this thread to announce they are done with Fitz with instructions for what the FO should do. Immediately.

Even better are the dudes that come here to tell us...they are done talking about Fitz. I trust the irony of those posts are not lost on said posters.

_

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I want them to pass on Fitz and start Geno just to see how high-pitched the Stokes Whinefest is capable of getting. This season is a wash either way, might as well make TGG a little more drama.

17. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Oh you want drama? You'll get drama.

Fuck it, bring back Tebow. And trade for Sanchez.

_

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

There'd be no thread without said dudes.

Stick to your guns, Mac. Don't cave for Ryan Fitzpatrick.

19. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Ha. I came here to say that I am done with Fitz. While I think its pointless giving advice to the FO on a message board, I hope they understand the value of a guy getting 1st team reps throughout training camp. Many teams (including ours) that struggle to find a QB usually run QB competitions each year and then the 1st team reps get split up between QBs. I think there is an arguement to sticking with Geno and allowing him to practice fully with the 1st team throughout the offseason.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Oh, I know. You always being the drama.