Resigning Fitz

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Thewatchfuleye, Feb 9, 2016.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

After seeing Fitz shit the bed against Buffalo ( 2 times I might add and The Texans ) I say let him walk ! The reason Rex and the Bills defended us and him so well was because of his limitations ! They took away what he likes to do and he was unable to make them pay,,,,why pay him 12 million when we do not have the money and he has no other offers ? It's crazy,,,,,if anything I would low ball him big time and if he did not like it bye bye,,,,,,yes he had a very productive year but look at it this way , Fitz had the best year of any Jet QB and he had possibly his best year ever and we did not even get into the playoffs,,,,not all his fault you say ? I say go watch that last game against the Bills again,,,,very painful to watch

matt robinson 17 and IDFjet like this.
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Reaching for high blood pressure medication and baby aspirin....

I liked Vilmas post but till its a done deal nothing is for sure

We cant just kick Fitz to the curb...this Board is angry I get it but I am not watching Geno "run backwards....go for a hot dog behind the bench.... deal in 2016...SMH

3. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

4. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I agree it's basically a win now vs win later scenario. I'm a win later guy as I don't think we're talented enough to go to playoffs this year. Hack or Petty will hopefully be our QB of the future and if we keep things the way they are, we should have a ton of cap space next year. It's only this one year that it's tight for us and I don't expect Mac to go on the spending sprees he did last year. Caving into Fitz's demands will directly impact our future and unless he comes back at the Jets initial offer or less, it's not worth it.

IDFjet likes this.
  5. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Agreed. We don't need any Allen Houstons or now A-Rod type of situations with Fitz, where they're not worth a fraction of what they're currently being paid, but management caved into the big bad media and we are now overpaying a guy past his prime.

It's painful to not have Fitz now, but what if we miss the playoffs this year and then on top of that we're now stuck with the guy? Knowing that we can't sign a big free agent because of an old QB that can't get us to they playoffs is going to hurt a lot more.

RexontheBeach likes this.
  6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

For a Harvard educated guy, Fitz sure is stupid. Everyone can see he has zero interest elsewhere yet he can't. He is gonna end up being forced into retirement and at this point that's what I'm hoping happens.

7. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

This is bullshit. Fuck Fitz. Pull the initial offer and send his agents a 3mil/yr backup QB deal and officially name Geno as our starting QB come september. This whole situation is a distraction to the team for a fucking mediocre QB who apparently thinks he's Joe Montana. MOVE ON JETS.

8. RexontheBeach

RexontheBeach Well-Known Member

Fitzpatrick is Fitzpatrick, and 34 years old at that. I honestly don't see Smith costing us any more games than Fitz would.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  9. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Yeah. We should overpay and give out stupid contracts that will hamstring the team for years just like some other teams did! Any smart fan knows that overpaying a player hurts the team, not just Woody Johnson.

10. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

“You guys know how I feel about Ryan,” Marshall said. “I’ve said it over and over again, all off-season. There’s a thin line between supporting your teammate and being detrimental to the team. ...At this point, it’s time for all of us to move forward and try to figure out how we can win some games.”

Love this quote. I think he's over it too.

11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I'm disappointed too. We need to pull the plug this week.

As much as I hate it, they need to give the keys to Geno and hopefully build his confidence. There clearly isn't anyone behind him who is ready to take the keys just yet.

12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

so Harris should punch Fitz in the face and break his jaw? Interesting...

13. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

Exactly - if the Jets cave and overpay Fitz think of the message it sends to every other player on the team and around the league. Those guys (and their agents) aren't stupid. "Hey, the Jets overpaid Ryan, now it's my turn." Where do they draw the line? The next guy in line? The one after that? The longer term impact on negotiations is the bigger issue and that's why Macaggnan won't budge. If Fitzpatrick was a long term solution to the Jets QB position then it would be different.

IDFjet likes this.
  14. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

What a bizarre saga this has turned into. Fitz seems very ungrounded in all of this. The guy has never even played in a playoff game! His family is plenty taken care from the Buffalo cash, so I don't get it. I have always been a huge Fitz fan but I'm very disappointed by all of this. I have moved on. I can't believe Geno is going to be our starting Qb. I want to PUKE.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous Well-Known Member

zzzzzzzZZzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzz

Ralebird likes this.
  16. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

seems like a good teammate and an acceptable starter most days. not a great starter ever. Fuck it. move on. Geno/petty/hack....here's hoping somebody shows up.

IDFjet likes this.
  17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This guy is definitely not worth the drama of negotiating through the press. This just makes the Jets look pathetic at this point, where before, only Fitz looked pathetic.

18. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

The only thing Jets did was release the details of the deal. The rest are speculations from the media.
    Hardly "negotiation through the press".

Ralebird likes this.
  19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Are the Jets stupid with money??? The whole league is pretty stupid then already...IMO there is no argument that the FO "sends a wrong message" because if you look around all player s and agents esp QBs get outrageous deals

IMO your QB deserves to be locked down well before the Season starts. This is our dilemma.

I think we need to put the Jets situation in a little more perspspective before this really causes a player revolt eg Forte can't believe Fitz not here

How does Brock Ostweiler win 7 games and be handed 74 million...now thats stupid with money

Or that arrogant ass Tannyhill getting 100 mil

Just because they are young with upside?????

20. Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous Well-Known Member

Yes, just because they are young with upside. Franchise QBs are so in demand that we see time and time again teams throw ridiculous money at any QB who shows even a SHRED of promise.

Matt Flynn got paid tens of millions literally off of one game.

All of this makes Fitz's hardball position even more ridiculous. Even in today's QB starved NFL, no one wants him, except for us of course. This situation may have been different if the Jets didn't come out immediately after the season and say "Fitz is our QB next year," giving him immediate leverage, but oh fucking well.

Jets69 and RexontheBeach like this.