Resigning Fitz

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Thewatchfuleye, Feb 9, 2016.

1. RexontheBeach

RexontheBeach Well-Known Member

Get used to It old man. Fitz will not be back here unless he's willing To take 7-8... Don't be surprised when Bowles and company role the dice with the Genomeister!

2. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

if fitz comes back geno wont be on the team

TNJet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  3. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Dude you're changing it all now. You've gone from Geno winning the competition last year to rewriting what went down really. And only Revis is allowed to conduct his business as he sees fit. Sorry, no that's part of the NFL.
    Right now Geno is getting the reps. Good for him. God knows he needs that. If Fitz comes back the HC will do what he deems best for the team. All this other shit is meaningless, and has no effect on Fitz' standing within the team. With Womanish Mehta and some fans right now maybe so.

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

What he's done is to be a member of a team that does not have a better prospect at quarterback for the 2016 season. That's all that's required. Nobody is distracted but a handful of message board Lombardis.

5. Ralebird

Disagree. If Fitzpatrick gets back, they either carry four for a while or Petty is the odd man out - speculation, of course.

6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I never even mentioned anything about last years competition. The discussion was about whether or not Fitzpatrick didn't/did practice until TC.

7. The 1985er

Players being constantly asked about it and these NY media savages creating stories all based on Fitzpatrick's contract dispute. Looks like a distraction to me. What he did was have a good year last year so they named him the starter which made sense, but since he hasn't been here at this point, he doesn't deserve to walk in and get the job handed to him. But all of this is moot because he will be handed the job if he returns.

8. The 1985er

I didn't ask you to prove anything to me. Nor was I even talking to you.

TNJet likes this.
  9. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Nah i think youre rather pathetic. You have an awful lot of opinions yet never provide or bring anything to a conversation. Next time you got something to say, make sure you quote me that way i get the memo and you can stop acting like a 13 yr old girl.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

10. zace

zace Well-Known Member

It really is an odd situation. That would be the only practical decision. Other wise youre one injury away from having no experience at the position.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

11. Ralebird

That's what I said, it looks like a distraction to you.

"Media savages?" Really? Just some guys doing their jobs which includes collecting readers. BFD.

If they weren't talking about Fitzpatrick they'd have to talk about the hamburgers at lunch and nothing is more of a distraction than the ketchup/mustard quandary.

12. The 1985er

When the coaches and players are constantly being asked about the same shit over and over it is a distraction.

13. Ralebird

None of them have even hinted at that. This happens on every team, every year -maybe not at the QB spot, but it happens and life goes on. Why does it bother you so much?

14. The 1985er

And in those situations when those discussions dominate the headlines it becomes a distraction. And with team activities under way, it'll only continue. It's annoying because I have to hear about it every time I want to hear/read Jets news. So I'm sure being asked about it everyday is probably annoying too.

15. Ralebird

You do realize that no one cares if you're distracted and there is absolutely no evidence anyone else is, right?

16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Macc needs to call Uncle Charlie Casserly on this one smh

TNJet likes this.
  17. The 1985er

Now you're being purposefully obtuse.

18. barkus

barkus Well-Known Member

Unless geno punches Bowles in the jaw there is no way he will be cut if fitz comes back. You think petty is ready to be the #2 qb??

19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

AHAHAHAHAHA

Frankly I like being a message board Lombardi

I like the fact I can get passionate and emotional over "the usual contract negotiations" for Fitz and vent about it. I can also rethink things and change my mind if I give some good reasons for doing so. Currently I am on board with Mac/Bowles but the fact that our GM threw big money at Mevi$ and Cromartie last year, not locking up Fitz to a 2 year deal, not having the funds available this year to solve the problem is starting to gnaw at me. Sorry but the fact that the CS wants to roll with GSmith(didn't sign Hoyer or some other alternative vet) is puzzling to me.

If you think the prob resigning Fitz doesn't affect or distract the other players think again. Most guys cant speak up like Decker, but the straw poll of players would opt for Fitz driving the Bently not GeNo imo. Why don't we start with Devon Smith for example. I am sure he thanks Geno every day for screwing up his ribcage after going after that high pass in TC last year.

Decker Marshall Mangold that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Sorry but I predict a shitstorm of malcontents without Fitz here.

TNJet likes this.
  20. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Isn't that what was just reported ? Other veterans avoiding OTAs in "solidarity"for Fitzpatrick's contract negotiations. And this was the lead story on the NFL Network and NFL radio yesterday. It is already a distraction and fodder for the horrible jets bear reporters and NFL national media. Wake up.