Resigning Fitz

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Thewatchfuleye, Feb 9, 2016.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

We should get Chris Carlin's opinion in the pizza topping thread

JetLifeLo, stinkyB and Walt White like this.
  2. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

well, i mean honestly its not critical for the jets, and there are few spots for fitz to go. for the jets, it basically makes more sense to see how the draft goes first. if we find ourselves in a spot to take a qb early, that changes things with fitz. in our situation, paying fitz is a low priority

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

contract yr Geno gonna break Jet records

JetLifeLo likes this.
  4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Most unforced sacks in Jets history.

5. 101GangGreen101

You've never met this form of Geno Smith though. Reconstructed Jaw Geno Smith on a contract year. He's going to be like Kobe Bryant in a hostile environment or Lebron James with the help of refs. Greatness is upon us all.

6. legler82

Reconstructed Jaw Geno, RJG for short, had 2 unforced sacks in his one game against the Raiders last year.

7. 101GangGreen101

you forgot the contract year component, the most important aspect.

8. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Burnnn making me feel like I should edit :(

15m Fitzpatrick and some lucky charms

9. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

It's not crazy we haven't signed him it's crazy his Harvard education hasn't taken the last big pay day he'll ever see. Nearly 2 months have gone by and the lone offer from the lone team in the entire league has stayed on the table yet he hasn't taken it. The Jets can find another QB Fitz can't find another team. Should take the money while he can.

dmw and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I get a feeling a deal is done soon. Has to be before the draft, right? This week or next week.

11. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Not if we plan on trading up and drafting a QB

12. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Cool, don't sign Fitz. We will be just fine like we were before he got here. Oh wait.......

13. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

:D very good. Good God maybe we don't wanna go there tho...:)

Carlin has info regarding the Jets? Yeah, I doubt it :rolleyes:.

I like Carlin. But the idea that he's interested in anything positive about the NY Jets is remote.

14. I see the value in keeping Fitzpatrick. Continuity.Competency. But even his success was really not that impressive...he missed alot of open receivers due to poor accuracy all year & alot of times got bailed out by basically just chucking the ball up to Marshall till the seam opened for Decker.Defenses are gonna wise up to this..and the guy's history doesn't suggest any level of consistency based on prior success.

It's time to take another shot on a franchise QB in round 1. Yes they will need to trade up..including for Paxton Lynch.But this franchise desperately needs that spark.Both Mac & Bowles deserve their shot with their own elite QB prospect. We have the trading chip in Wilk(I know..another debate entirely) that no other team who may want a QB can offer..this is a pretty good QB class.Get while the Gettin's good.

15. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

This is an awful QB class. What are you talking about? One of the worst in a while. Trading up for one of these garbage players would be a disaster that'd make us as bad a franchise as Cleveland.

stinkyB and Br4d like this.
  16. Oh please. People say that literally every single year.Go back & look at Luck's draft & I guarantee you there were folks saying it was an awful QB class & to take some other position instead.

I'm not really sure what you are looking for in QB prospects but it certainly isn't the same thing I am. I see guys w/ legit size,pedigree,athleticism,arm talent,leadership & intangibles. At least 3 potential franchise QBs & a few others..who knows? You're just going to have to get used to the fact that most QBs coming out of college have a larger learning curve than in the past b/c the college game has moved so predominantly to a spread offense.Most guys need a year of seasoning be it under fire as a rookie starter or holding the clipboard. Either way the need remains the same...it's not even debatable.

TNJet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Wentz is the best athlete but didn't play a lot due to injuries and other issues. Goff is like Cutler, a good QB who has not consistently lead his teams to wins. It's unknown if he's going to be able to become a winner in the pros because he doesn't have experience doing that at Cal. His Pac 12 Conference record was 7-20 in 3 seasons as the starter and Cal never won more conference games than they lost in a season with him at QB. That's positively Cutler-esque and Cutler at least had the excuse that he was playing for a bottom feeding program in the SEC. Lynch is a decent prospect who might be a good pickup at 20. He's certainly better than anybody else the Jets have at the moment.

18. 101GangGreen101

Goff having a crappy record isn't his fault. The guy would help put up 40 points on O and the defense would give up 50. His win total as a starter increased each year also.

19. legler82

It wasn't Cutler's fault either to be fair to Cutler.

20. 101GangGreen101

Cutler was, is and will always be a loser. At least with Goff, the team's record got better with each year. Only thing that was great about Cutler was his arm.

TNJet likes this.