Resident Evil 5

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by GQMartin, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Drew

Drew Active Member

I'm on the last part with Wesker right now. The part before this with the 2 reapers and those chain gun guys was insane. Co-Op is needed to beat that shit.

Had to take a break because I have a massive headache but I should be able to finish the game in my next sitting.

2. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Is it true that when you go indoors from the bright sun it takes a while for your eyes to adjust??

3. Drew

Drew Active Member

Not at all. I've never experienced it.

Sometimes when you leave a cave or something and go outside the light is brightened for a second or two just to give you the feeling of coming outside but it's not like it takes minutes to adjust.

4. Christian

Christian Active Member

Ha. Try beating that part on professional with an AI partner. I got really lucky after I took out the reapers and had the 2 gatling gun bosses in a good spot to kill 1 at a time with the turret. Oh and I never noticed a huge adjustment with going from a dark to light area. I just got the handcannon and its crazy how fast you get through levels with it.

5. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

OK,....I remember reading something about that before it came out but I havent had a chance to play the game extensively yet.

6. Drew

Drew Active Member

I couldn't even imagine. I beat it last night. The last part is hard when your teammate is a total moron. Great game.

7. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I played the demo and even though the games looks nice, I really want a survival horror game like RE2 was and Resident Evil just doesn't fit that genre any more.

8. Christian

Christian Active Member

Well my AI partner did the smartest thing ive seen without me having to tell him what to do. When i was using the turret, Chris camped the ladder with the shotgun and mowed down anyone that tried to climb it so I didnt have to worry about the people climbing the ladder, just the 2 gatling gun guys.

9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

100% x 2. The game is not what it was.

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

RE2 is still the best of the series, but even with its more action oriented gameplay, RE4 is second only to it, so I don't mind that approach. but playing the demo again, I just find the game not interesting. the controls suck, the camera is too close to the characters and the action was repetitive. I just can't bring myself to buy it.

11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The default new controls suck. However there is a control scheme that is the RE4 one you can use. I agree that the camera is too close, you never know who the fuck is creeping up on you, but I guess that's what they are going for.

12. JetBlue

I know I'll end up picking it up, but I only have time for one game at a time and I am going to allot that to the Godfather 2 for the near future. hopefully between it and Modern Warfare 2 I'll have time to squeeze it in.

13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Wait, modern warfare 2? I was insanely good at cod4

14. JetBlue

November 10th, I believe.

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

yeah i miss the massive amount of zombies too. These infected aren't as fun or true to the genre.

this game is awesome... get mercenaries unlocked, and then get an "A" on the last board (prison) to unlock the last character... its unfair to how good the person's arsenal is.

16. Drew

Drew Active Member

The "zombies" in this game were just lame, yeah. When I saw a zombie using an AK-47 I laughed my ass off. The game is fucking excellent and everything but would've been better with those mindless bastards who won't stop coming.

Those licker things are intense. That part where you have to unlock a door and there's like legit 6 or 7 of them on that platform with you or your partner is insane. So difficult.

17. Christian

Christian Active Member

The easiest way i found to do that was to get about 15 proximaty bombs and then kite them around over them. Its basically a 1 hit kill for anything that walks over them. You can also jump down from the platform so you can your partner can take them out together.

18. JetBlue

Decided to give this game a try after picking up Godfather 2 and hating and trading it straight up for RE5. I like it, it's fun to play but really does feel like just a bunch of separate missions rather than one cohesive event. that, and the structure of the game allows you to exploit saves and increase your inventory, and I just couldn't pass it up. Spend about a half an hour at level 3-1 and you can stockpile ammo, rocket launchers and money to upgrade your weapons.

19. pib01

pib01 New Member

control system takes time to get used to but once you get into it very enjoyable and excellent looking game.on the subject of horror survival games has anyone played house of the dead on the wii.looking at buying this and a couple of light guns

20. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

I?ll never really get used to that controlls, but I beat the game on "Pro" today. Coop, it?s a lot of fun, singleplayer is just average, imo.

And House of the Dead is a Railshooter, not a Survival Horrorgame. If you haven?t played RE4, yet, get it for Wii, the controlls are much better than with the gamepad, and RE4 overall is just a lot better, than RE5.