Reshad Jones - 2nd Round Pick?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JETS1116, Apr 20, 2010.

1. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping we take a pass rusher with our 1st round pick, and there is a good chance Reshad Jones from Georgia will be available with our 2nd rounder. Anyone know a lot about him? Here's some highlights:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R1Ryqw3k5Y[/YOUTUBE]

2. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Reshad Jones could be a possible target in Rd 2, I think the Jets will go another direction. Rex has confidence in B Pool.

I like Nate Allen and Morgan Burnett much better...both will be gone by the time the Jets are OTC in Rd 2.

3. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

Considering we spent all of our 3 picks last year on offense, and we upgraded our offense more this offseason with LT and Holmes, I see us going mostly defense early in the draft.

We won't want to trade up and pay a lot of money for Eric Berry or Earl Thomas, and I think Mays is too much of a risk for a franchise still in pain from Gholston, as his combine numbers are good but he lacks football instincts. Brodney Pool may turn out to be a great sign, but as people have pointed out, he's had too many concussions.

We'll need to draft a safety and I see Jones as a guy who likes to hit and knows how to play football, even though his combine numbers aren't as good as the other safeties in the draft.

4. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be upset with a safety in the 2nd round, but I really think that OLB and DE should be addressed earlier assuming the value is there.