Republican Nomination Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Aug 6, 2015.

1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

This is one of the worst years in politics since the articles of confederation were established..... And i dont know that you can truly even consider that politics.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This election isn't about who you love the most. Its about who you hate the least. Since there are no "good" choices from either party, your choice is one of who can you live with.

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Well said Grandpa C

If Republicans present a candidate besides Trump and Cruz and if I like that person, I won't mind voting Republican as I truly believe Hillary is a snob and she is in this to live in the White House more than anything. But I don't see it. I won't vote if it is Hillary against Trump/Cruz

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

No one is going to get to 1237, they're going to ditch rule 40, and Kasich is going to be the republican nominee.

zace likes this.
  5. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Lol douche and turd sandwich

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

FJF likes this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Are we even sure that choice is available?

Cman68 likes this.
  7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I believe this is mostly right, however there's a huge hole in the logic which is not clear until you look at it sequentially.

If Trump gets blasted in the general election it will cause a ripple problem among his voters. They're either going to continue to see the things that drove them to the polls in the first place, like lack of opportunity, a declining life style and a worse life for their kids going forward, or their situation will improve.

If they see the same things they'll likely double down on Trump next time around. Reagan ran in '76 and didn't get near the nomination in part due to great resistance from the GOP establishment of the time. Then he broke through in '80 at an advanced age due to being held down in '76.

If their stock in life improves they'll likely credit the Democrat, whoever that is, and many of them will gravitate towards the re-election of that person because that's what happens when the average person sees their life improve under a 1st term President.

The problem is that they're not a big enough voter group at this point to carry a general election. Just big enough to sweep the GOP primaries when they get really angry or alternately to feed a Democratic re-election wave in 2020.

It's really a huge trap for the GOP at this point. Either Trump loses big and the ball goes into the other team's hands, with the Trump voters either doubling down on him or moving over towards the other team or Trump wins and the GOP establishment changes hands.

I'm still going to go with the party on the Right being either the Tea Party or the Conservatives by 2032 at the outside. I think the GOP has shot it's wad and gotten tangled in a mass of conflicting objectives over the last generation and doesn't have much play left at this point.

Jeb Bush is right. Citizens United is a terrible thing to have as the law of the land if you're a political party based around an entitled elite trying to lead the masses around by the nose. Too much money pulling in different directions dilutes the coherence necessary to hold things together in that scenario. A few billionaires with an agenda can absolutely wreck the party by making it espouse principles that are generally incapable of winning an election in the country at large.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

^ "a political party". Don't look now, but you're being led around by the nose.

joe likes this.
  9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-...ntested-convention-rules-220499#ixzz453ibwZVA

10. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

oh lord, the worst of the 3 in my opinion...his foreign policy is neocon on steroids.

mute likes this.
  11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The military industrial complex will not be defeated.

12. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

That's why I vote third party. No blood on my hands that way

Brook! and phubbadaman like this.
  13. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

15. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

New York, it's a rough city.

[​IMG]

Brook! and Cman68 like this.
  16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

there's a frank underwood train in nyc?

17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Sheldon Adelson AND Mort Zuckerman would concur : )

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'll bet that there are at least a half dozen people with a lot of money who have warped the GOP field over the last 6 years. I'll even posit the Koch brothers as one entity in that proposition.

I'm not talking bundlers or supporters here. I'm talking people who have been willing to fund a PAC on their own and float their candidate for President against the flow of mainstream (whatever that is) GOP thought on who should be running.

I think they collectively obstructed the GOP establishment before it ever really got sailing this time around. Then Trump (who obviously did the same thing for himself) delivered a shot below the waterline and forced the establishment into supporting the lesser of evils in the end.

nycarl likes this.
  19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This rates right up there with "Ford to City: Drop Dead!"