Republican Nomination Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Aug 6, 2015.

1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Not as dumb as the thinking that you may have actually made a point. You should spend less time attempting to be witty and more time actually making something that resembles a dispute. You're right, they just accidentally make policies that continuously raise costs for the middle class, reduce the quality of programs and negatively impact the middle class's quality of life. Yes, it's completely unreasonable to believe that's not accidental when who benefits by creating more dependent citizens...the democrats.

But keep deluding yourself that you are making witty and accurate comparisons.

2. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I think auto correct did something to your post.
    "that's not accidental when who benefits by creating more dependent citizens...the democrats"
    Traditionally the rich and powerful benefit by creating more dependent citizens. Everyone knows that. Literally everyone.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Bernie Sanders is your guy if you think the government will do a better job of budgeting your money than you will.

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

That eight bucks and change is really going to lay a hurting on you.

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  5. KingRoach

Haha. I was just pointing out the caveat. But to your statement. Yes. I have no budget and don't save.

I saw a video or read an article giving the point that yes, in some situations the government will handle your money better than you. If I find it, I'll post it. I'm sure you'll disagree but I hope you check it out anyway... Found it. http://m.prospect.org/article/five-things-government-does-better-you-do

#3965 KingRoach, Mar 20, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  6. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

What benefits or loss of benefits does each of those savings or increased taxes entail?

How much does health insurance cost you guys in USA out of curiosity? I've heard some insane figures in the past, into the thousands in some cases, but not sure if that's still true.

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk

7. KingRoach

The benefit with Sanders is free healthcare, free public university
    The benifit with Clinton is status quo
    The trade offs for Cruz and Trump are the defunding of programs designed to help the less fortunate. I don't believe they've gotten into specifics about which programs.
    I don't know what healthcare costs but I'm sure you'll get a few people that'll let you know pre Obamacare and post.

8. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

She's using the same article we discussed above, and it's retarded.

That alleges that Trumps plan does away with the equvalent of the entire corporate tax, and 50% of the PIT.
    sheesh

9. Hobbes3259

Explain to the class, in your own words, how that is obtainable for free.

And then,
    How Trumps re-alignment of the tax code results in 1T a year in added deficits

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'm shocked to hear this from a Bernie Bro

74 likes this.
  11. KingRoach

Ooh. It's been so long since I had to present a report to the class.

Ahem. Kids nothing in life is free. You always pay for it in one way or another. "Free healthcare" is actually paid for by us in added taxes. The debate before us today is who should be trusted to run the healthcare system.
    Republicans believe that the government can't run anything well and they will ruin the country.
    Democrats believe that capitalism is not the answer to everything and that companies that generate a profit will not act in the best interest of the common man.
    As far I topic 2.... I didn't do my homework :( I don't know about or have an opinion on Trumps tax plan. I posted article exerps bc after reading the posts it appeared that no one actually read the article. Would someone more familiar with the Trump tax plan like to help me with some details (or as detailed as its been described)?

12. KingRoach

Are you implying that you didn't read the article?

13. KingRoach

Are you implying that you didn't read the article? I'm shocked to hear you don't try and understand all sides.

14. Hobbes3259

The article is extraordinarily flawed. see the previous 5 pages here.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'm not implying anything. I didn't read the article. Obviously government is better at doing some things than individuals, that's kind of why we have government. That doesn't mean you should be irresponsible with your money and hope your daddy takes care of you.

I would recommend that you take control of your financial situation and start a budget. You don't need to be rolling in cash to have a budget.

16. Hobbes3259

in fact the less cash you have, the more you need one.

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  17. KingRoach

My daddy is a pos and doesn't deserve any recognition on this message board.

We all know nothing is free and there is no such thing as a truly altruistic act. One way or another we will pay for healthcare and education. We can pay for it up front and start to build a healthier better educated country or we can pay for it later with emergency room visits and Medicare for any families that become destitute bc of an unfortunate illness and the rediculiusly out of control judicial system. Granted I'm basing this on my belief that someone with "free" health insurance will go the the doctor more regularly and be less likely to let a problem get out of control and that a better educated society is less likely to turn to a life of crime.

But back to the government doing some things better than individuals... If you're not in the camp of "the gvt can't be trusted" why oppose raising the safety net alloted to Americans?

18. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Bernie is pandering to the millenials and minorities who sit on their ass all day sucking on the government teet. Hillary just wants to be president so she can get her spot in in the history book as the first female president. Trump is there for the power, it must be on his bucket list. Cruz wants a theocracy like a modern day Jim Jones.

I will vote for Trump because he is the lesser evil of the 4 left.

19. KingRoach

Haha. I don't disagree completely. I'm not sure millennials are know for sucking on gvt teet but ok.

I think Trump's ego might help him if he's elected. He wants to be the greatest president ever and he's not prone to party bs. My hope is that the republicans broker the convention and nominate someone else. My hope is that Trump runs as a third party. We need a plausible third party to help balance this divide. Imo that would be Trumps greatest contribution, "the gold party"

20. Hobbes3259

There is a third party. Gary Johnson needs your vote.
    http://www.ontheissues.org/Gary_Johnson.htm