Republican Nomination Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Aug 6, 2015.

1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Try to follow the thread, multiple posters claimed Trump did not lay out a plan for his policy when it was clearly available on his website. Clinton on the other hand, if she has one, it is in bits and pieces scattered among all the freebies she is planning on giving away.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

A Trump Presidency is going to be full of giveaways, much more so than a Hillary Presidency.

Trump is going to grease Congress to get things done. He will not sit around for 4 years watching nothing happening because Congress will not spend on his prerogatives. He will go back to the tried and true of sticking pork in the barrel as long as it gets his programs, whatever they are, through Congress.

One of the reasons we've seen so little movement in the last 6 years is that except for prior scheduled military spending almost no cost overruns have been allowed and very few pork barrel projects have been approved. This is why the GOP is in such trouble with 24 seats at risk in the Senate to the Democrats 10. A Senator who cannot point to stuff that helps his state as a result of his actions is always very vulnerable because the whole state votes, not just a district sliced out for him. There are about a half dozen GOP Senators who are dead politicians walking at this point, praying for a wave or something to help them out.

3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Except..today we have drones,infra red, and far more sophisticated electronics.....

4. Hobbes3259

As someone that is pretty good with the english language, (and actually looks in on the Federal budget) there isn't enough math in that post for you to make that judgement. So, actually your two sentences are not worth more than the entire post. In fact you've clearly given zero thought to the amounts or mechanics involved. So your two sentences weren't worth the time it took to type them.

Lets start with the easy part.

The death tax.

Accounts for 22B, out of 3 trillion coming in, a nominal sum to be honest, and the resulting net, from cap gains on money remaining invested in the economy is a considerable offset. Not to mention the fact that of all the inherited wealth in the nation, you should be able to deduce that only a small percentage of suckers wind up paying. Any loss, is offset by the inherent fairness of eliminating double taxation.

Take out 1.1 Tril in SS/Payroll deductions.

2 Trillion comes from 1.6 in income tax, and 400 billion in Corp tax.

The repatriation of 2.5 trillion at a flat 10% and it's continued participation inthe economy, is more enough to offset the changes in the corp tax code, and, again...400B is easily massaged to rev. neutrality.

that leaves the 1.6 Trillion in personal taxes.

anticipated growth, and the diminution of deductions, at rising tax rates, brings any net change to personal income taxes far enough out to the margins as to be debatable, but only in budget negotiations. as stated in the post, that plan as stated
    covers the necessary ground to achieve neutrality by the architects of the budget.

You don't need a balance sheet to figure that out. What's required beyond what I just wrote is the actual breakdown of receipts by tax bracket, against the net total of deductions across the same spectrum, and more information than is germane to this discussion.

But as stated, if you actually understand the amounts involved, the claim made, is close enough to be valid.

5. Hobbes3259

actually, attempting to understand the budget, is kind of important, even if you only do it in election years.

6. mute

mute Well-Known Member

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

After reading that, I can't wait to see what President Trump will do to America. Most likely create even more angry blue collars that will be forced to train their foreign replacements. I keep thinking of Atlantic City and what it looks like now.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I was waiting for this, figured it wouldn't see the light of day until it was The Donald v. The Dyke.

I guess the Clintons are getting an early start.

9. abyzmul

Attempting to understand something, of which the true details will never see the light of day for the common man...

... that qualifies as masturbation. I'm sure you are intimately familiar with that practice.

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Donald trump starts businesses like Falco21 starts threads on TGG. Seems he's done alright for himself with the shit that stuck.

11. abyzmul

File under: 5000 turds thrown at the wall.

The Waterboy likes this.
  12. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Awesome :)

13. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

There's something hilariously ironic about Gawker publishing an article like that on the same day it gets hit with a $115 million judgment. And it leaves me with the same feeling I get when I read about Jared Fogle getting the baloney beaten out of him. Or when monkeys throw feces at each other. I'm amused.

14. Hobbes3259

Of Course, I deal with jerk offs like you all the time....(just kidding bro)

well, sort of.

but not really... ;-)

15. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

:) This is just silly. We all know Google, right? A very successful company, right? Google is not a failure, correct? Well...

Google Flops & Failures - The Failed Google Graveyard

This is just an example. I am sure the same kinda stuff can be found for almost any big company/entrepreneur.

16. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

hah, wrong thread

17. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I believe it was to counter point the narrative that one candidate HAS specific plans whilst one does not.

I'm not saying which is which because what ALL of them propose is complete and utter bullshit.

But all sides have their bullshit.

You may disagree with the bullshit but all sides have it, in detail.

It's funny how one side will attack the other as being vacuous and without substance and vice versa.

It's cute. Naive but cute.

It's all bullshit in an attempt to get elected.

Whether it's in 10 words or 10,000.

Like I said, I am not making judgments on the candidates, I'm just enjoying the folly of the combatants here. Truth be told, I think one side us being much more honest.

_

18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I have no idea where you got 1.6 trillion in personal taxes. It's more like 12 trillion. Try accounting for that.

Unless you're talking about 1.6 trillion per year, not over a 10 year period. In which case the "anticipated growth and the diminution of deductions" doesn't come close to 1.6 trillion per year. It's more like 1.6 trillion for 10 years.

#3918 HomeoftheJets, Mar 19, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I don't really care about which side is being more specific or anything like that. I just noticed that someone had posted a tax plan that claims to be revenue neutral but falls short by about a trillion dollars a year, which isn't just short but comically short.

20. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Hey guys I went shooting for the first time today. Used my friends Mosin Nagant. Started with a few rounds at 50 yards on a small target...
    [​IMG]