Republican Nomination Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Aug 6, 2015.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

This has been obvious since the first debate though and it didn't matter with the voters. I understand people being angry at the GOP and government in general, but I don't get how this guy is supposed to be the answer.

What a fucking mess.

Cman68 likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

we'll be okay if its Trump in the white house, I think. I've come to realize as I gotten older that the world keeps churning whether we have a doofus in the white house or not.

I'm not totally sure how much difference they make although I will say combining the recent tendency to push controversial measures through by executive order (obama) with an executive like Trump is worrisome

Hobbes3259 likes this.
  3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

If Trump is indeed a Dem. double agent he is indeed better then Teddy Freaking Cruz!

4. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

OJ's knife has the attention of the media world and people now...

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Right. We could have a few dozen multi-state agencies, each with their own regulations.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

This will hold the public attention for the weekend. Come monday most won't even remember the thursday debate. Trump wins again

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

It simply die down because OJ is rotting already in prison and there wont be another case

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

^
    All the focus on Trump is understandable, but part of the reason it is playing out this way is the other candidates are so weak.

Cruz is so far right he has no chance of winning a national election. His whole theory is that he can get out enough hard right voters to overcome the numbers favoring the Democrats. And what would a Cruz presidency look like? His own fellow Republicans hate him. I just don't get it.

As I have said I fail to see the logic of the Rubio campaign. to me it's rather obvious he is setting himself up for a run in 2020. Maybe by then he might have some accomplishments he can point to. Or maybe he'll be homeless. Who knows?

Kasich I have said some nice things about. But his economic policies are nearly as bad as the rest. And there's something rather odd about his campaign. I do think he might be the most effective candidate in the fall, but maybe that weirdness is saying maybe not.

No wonder Trump is doing so well.

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Pretty sure if McCain ran now he'd win the Presidency.

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Not if he choses the Wasilla Dingbat as a running mate again.. :)

Poeman and stinkyB like this.
  11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

The best of their bunch was the third Bush. [Not that he was any good. Just saying he was the best of the bunch.]

12. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The McCain of 2000 probably would. The McCain of today? I don't think so.

13. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

But that's more government!

Folks are confused about why they hate certain institutions.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I guess I can see the continuing fascination with Rubio since the GOP establishment will clearly try to throw the nomination to him in any scenario in which nobody goes into the convention with enough delegates to get the nomination on the first ballot.

Even if Trump gets knocked out it's very possible Cruz would be unable to get enough delegates and that he'd be the guy who got robbed by the establishment at the convention.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Will your brain explode when George P. Bush is elected in 4 years?

I think it will.

16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Especially ones that would have a parade to celebrate the QB virtues of Mark Sanchez

17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

mine might

abyzmul likes this.
  18. Br4d

What exactly do you think a congressional mandate on emissions is? A federal layer of bureaucracy to enforce those laws.

Who would enforce a congressional law on emissions? You think the Justice Dept should set up an Environmental Affairs unit just to track emissions and decide when to enforce and when not to enforce? Do you think Congress should set up an Environmental Affairs panel to track emissions and decide when to enforce and not enforce?

The EPA does all of those functions as one of it's main jobs. It's the logical way to handle a series of laws designed to mandate that states not do things that effect their neighbors in a negative way in terms of the environment.

It was set up precisely because corporations that crossed state lines had created an enormous toxic mess by the 70's and the states could not regulate that problem well.

Come out of the bubble man. It's suffocating in there and you're losing your ability to reason the longer you stay in there.

Separate but Equal is where education would go in the absence of the Dept of Ed and by equal I mean vastly unequal, just like the state departments of education did when Separate but Equal was the law of the land.

19. Br4d

Don't worry, statute of limitations is past except if the murder was premeditated. Trump will confess to the crime to keep the spotlight on him for another cycle. He'll say he did it in the heat of the moment because OJ knocked down his wife in an airport while filming a commercial and he just lost it when he saw OJ and his wife as he happened to be passing by.

20. Br4d

Fox is part of the Establishment now. Hell, Drudge is part of the Establishment. If you can read and write you're part of the Establishment and the Tea Party wants you out.