Republican Nomination Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Aug 6, 2015.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

once upon a time Jeb! was the odds on favorite to be the Republican nominee.

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i was reading br4ds post and all i could think was brewsters millions. perfect that this was the next thing i saw.

NotSatoshiNakamoto and Br4d like this.
  3. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

The latest poll from Massachusetts (42 delegates assigned proportionally to those who get at least 5%):

Trump - 50%
    Rubio - 16%
    Kasich - 13%
    Cruz - 10%
    Carson - 2%

4. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

The Republic survived Barack Obama. We'll get it back.

Once a candidate ran for office on reforming private property (SSI) and got derailed becaise his predecessor was too busy defending his dick, we've been in a downward spiral.

The Democrat party needs to self destruct.

Trumps election, will have the effect of..blue dogs going..,How did we get to Hillary! Or Bernie.

Fuck with GWB all you like.

6. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Jeb has the bloodlines. If the biased MSM didn't savage his brother for threatening the WELFARE state...and WINNING...he'd be the front runner.

Social(ist in)Security is the biggest threat to the welfare of the American people, at some point voters become younger, and those that paid in to the ponzi scheme get fucked.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

His brothers multi-trillion dollar war was more of a financial burden than the welfare state.

alleycat9 and deathstar like this.
  8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Heh! I just saw that film for the first time last week. Not sure why it took me so long to see it, but yes, there is something to the comparison.

9. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I saw that movie in theaters when it first came out and really did not like it, but I was about 20 when I needed to see stuff get all blowed up and machine guns and ninjas and helicopters.

I would imagine I would appreciate it a lot more now.

_

10. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Some interesting theories here on what is happening to the GOP. It seems from the Trump campaign that a significant percentage of his voters not only do not seem to feel any loyalty to the GOP establishment. If anything they want to actively oppose that establishment. In that respect they are protest voters to at least some extent.

The thing that is interesting about that is that while Trump seems to be drawing some people who do not have a history of voting GOP, most of his people do have that history. the logical inference to draw then is that the always rather strained alliance between the very wealthy who have run the party and the base voters, many of whom are white working class brought in by Reagan, is now cracking up.

You don't necessarily see this from the tax and economic proposals that the candidates are making, all of which continue to favor the super wealthy at the expense of everyone else. after all especially Cruz, Rubio and Jeb, but also you can see in Ken Langone's funding of the Kasich campaign, the money behind them comes from a handful of the super rich, all of whom would directly benefit if these giveaway plans ever were enacted.

But Trump I think is appealing to his supporters not so much because they are paying attention to his tax plans, which are just as bad as the rest of the GOP field's. Instead they see him funding his own campaign, and criticizing the big donors behind the others, and say "Yeah, right on!"

Even supporters of other GOP candidates polls show do not slavishly adhere to supply side economics, a proven failure. And the facts support this understanding, since the economy has performed better under the last two Democratic presidents despite tax increases on the wealthy, compared to W's performance, and that was even before taking into account the last disastrous year of his presidency.

All that seeming to be the case here, how does one put that alliance back together? I don't really see how anyone can answer that.

alleycat9 likes this.
  11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

What Trump's election would do is put him in charge of the party. He'd pick the next RNC Chairman. He'd decide where the national parties resources went in terms of state party aid. He'd rout the old establishment and install his people in their place.

The President is the head of the Party. The GOP moving into 2018 and 2020 would look very different from a command and control structure than they look now.

I don't think he's going to get elected, but if he does the political landscape is going to change in a huge way.

In 2008 the Democrats were a 50 state party, looking to compete across the landscape. By 2010 they were back to defending just electoral votes, the Senate and Obama's priority institutions. Look how that turned out for them. And they were far more stable as a party than the GOP has been over the last 8 years or so.

12. mute

mute Well-Known Member

74 likes this.
  13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Could Trump take NY in a general election vs. Hillary?

14. mute

mute Well-Known Member

nope. By that time old Bill will be right by his wife all the time campaigning. NY loves Bill Clinton.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

but those NYC values

Trump is more of a New Yorker than Hillary, who just had a residence in NY so she could run for senate here.

16. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Hahahaaa holy shit.

Some people have too much time on their hands, but sometimes they come up with gems.

_

mute likes this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

as dierking more eloquently said, something like this coming out wouldn't even matter to Trump. Hell he says terrible things ON PURPOSE, you think he's worried about something from his past? Only these hypocritical jackass politicians have to worry about skeletons coming out of the closets because its goes against their fake ass lifestyles and they don't know how to respond to it.

a story coming out about Trump's past might actually help him as it would further humanize him!

some things though on the guy might not even exist. I heard where he said he's only had a real "vacation" once. He's also never had a sip of alcohol in his life. So that rules out any drunken Ted Kennedy moments. The guy's been divorced numerous times people aren't going to care if there is a story of infidelity. Anything in his past business wise he'll just spin to his current narrative like he's done all campaign.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

And Trump will be wheeling out Bills sexual assault victims for public display. Remember, the rules change when Trump is involved.

#2318 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

No chance for Trump in NY

20. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator