Report: Multiple teams offering trades for Quinnen Williams

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ouchy, Oct 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Great post

2. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

i'm not afraid of big contracts and would prefer we hand them out to homegrown talent where we should have superior knowledge about what we're investing in (in contrast to FA where it's who knows what you known and what you don't )

My only point concerned positional value because at least to a first order of accuracy every team has only so much money to spread around so you need to spend wisely. DT is one of those tricky positions.

for the last several years we've been big dummies. throwing money at savior FAs who have disappointed

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Yeah, but did we get sufficient value. Turned out to be for 3rd round pick in 2009 that we traded to Detroit with 4th and 7th for 3rd round pick shonn Greene. Just saying Vilma was multiple year Pro bowler in NO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  4. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Q untouchable? Hahaha that's funny. He's shown improvement this year which he had to after hus invisible rookie season. He looks pretty good but I'd definitely trade him for a high 1st rounder. You can find guys like Q (at his current production level) for a lot less than a lottery first round pick. If they can't get this in a trade then keep him as he's solid.

SOJAZ and NYJetsO12 like this.
  5. Sack exchange

The key here is high 1st round pick, that no one is giving.

6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Lotsa changes folks if this is true..

Whoever Posted that this is a Polian type tear down, veiled tanking is correct

Well lets see what JD can create for us with an all New GM Team

Gase is a dangling uncertainty which can sabotage everything

Are you ready for this? I read an article in the online Post today that little twerp D Loggains saying we are not "failing because of the play calling but because of lack of player execution"!!???>>>They are blaming players for our losses not inept calls like nothing for 4th and 7

So get rid of dead wood who cant perform the Offensive Genius game plan ...good idea ..really?

After JD purges the Roster and if f*cking A Gase is still here calling shots am going all in on Phila Eagles NFC favorite and Oakland Raiders old AFC favorite after NYJ

7. Sack exchange

Yeah I read same thing, posted in Adam gase thread, how ridiculous. Of course can’t be the offensive genius’ fault! Lol. It also said that JD was on board with that theory. Maybe CJ. It said upper management... so not sure. In an alternate reality. Only if the players could execute. We have winning culture and game plan!

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The history of the NFL draft shows players better than Q will be there in the late first round...whether we pick that player is another question.

9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Its absolutely nauseating to believe JD is that loyal to his Loser friend..OMFG

This is hopefully going to be a Browns redux,,,eventually get rid of Gase like Freddy Kitchens and replace with younger offensive mind like Stefanski

If NOT I am completely done as a Fan (triple FEH)

10. Sack exchange

Then why we picked him 3rd! It was draft day consensus. Not saying I liked it.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

No I was agreeing with you. Pissed off we moved Vilma. He was a better player than the value we got.

12. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Joe Douglas the Destroyer.

At what point do the Johnsons wake up & smell the coffee to what's really happening here?

No one can be this stupid.

Clean house now!!!!

13. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I don’t see anyone giving up a top 5 pick for him...his production has not warranted that. That being said, I wouldn’t be in a hurry to trade him for a late first round pick either...I’d rather keep him for his potential

at some point of a tear down-rebuild plan, you actually have to start the “build” part of the plan...trading him away only means that’s one more position we’d need to fill, and lord knows we have SO many of those already.

14. JetBlue

Considering my opinion of Mac being one of the worst GM’s in recent NFL history, that is why Mac drafted him 3 instead of a pass rushing LB. this is the guy who passed on both Mahomes and Watson, when we needed a QB, for a safety, so his ability to evaluate players, needs and value should be taken with a grain of salt.

But I’m not arguing what people thought of Q at the draft, we are discussing what he is now that he has played in the NFL.

15. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

Ascending may be a little too strong at this point. Perhaps improving with upside.

16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

History shows the best QB in the NFL history can be drafted in 6th round, but in average you think there is a high chance a guy like Q falls to mid to end first round? And if not, what's the point of this? If someone gives top 10, maybe, but if not... JD needs pieces to build, and inexpensive good player like Q is one of the pieces.

17. JetBlue

The greatest QB in history, a single player in the history of football, is by nature an anomaly. But the history of the NFL shows that a plethora of great players are drafted outside the top 10, top 15 or even the 1st round, so it isn’t an anomaly, a rarity or any sort of exception. It’s the absolute norm and happens every single year. The chance of getting a great player is separate from the fact that a great player will be there. Whether JD identifies him and takes him does not negate that a great player will likely be there.

18. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I recall the last year of your namesakes. He was lost in the 3-4. I recall the 1st game Harris started--he had like 17 tackles. That was it for JV. We got something for him but yeah, a little light as I recall--conditional 3rd moved to 2nd I think if on starting roster next year--didn't NOR play some game where they didn't sign him at first to get out of giving the Jets a higher pick?

Anyway, he was great but disappointing in the 3-4. I never thought he quit--he was undersized.

I blame the whole thing on Mangenius--Gase's ego isn't beyond his. I hate the bastard--Especially how he treated Justin Miller.

19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I agree. There's a lot of great talent that gets overlooked and ignored every year. It makes one wonder if there's a "herd bias" in the way player evaluations are done. I suspect there's something like that going on. Maybe this could be a separate thread. It would be interesting to explore. Are there any teams that seem to be outside the "herd" that successfully find talent that other teams miss? How much do the scouting combines contribute to this? And how much do the "expert" evaluations contribute? How can a QB like Mahomes fall to where he did and not be rated the #1 QB? There are certainly biases and misconceptions involved. If someone could figure them out they could become the greatest GM in NFL history.

NCJetsfan and JetBlue like this.
  20. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

isn't that what Gase and Loggains did in Miami? I believe so.... what WPOS these two are, but the worstoffender is CJ is is a clueless fool.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.