Report: Multiple teams offering trades for Quinnen Williams

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ouchy, Oct 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Tks

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Leicester Jet likes this.
  3. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

We need to make sure that we don't trade all the little talent we have left on the roster. Williams isn't a stud yet and might not ever be. But we can't keep creating holes for draft picks. Plus he has three years of team control left + the tag.

This franchise should go ask the Cowboys or Texans how valuable defensive tackles are.

Ralebird, Vida, apjbfc and 1 other person like this.
  5. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Williams for Lamb. They get better on D, we get better on O. Both are under control for multiple years. Get it done, Joe. :cool::D

Jets79 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm not a big QW fan, but I agree...they should take at least a low first round plus another pick this year or next, otherwise hang onto him.

RochesterJet and Jets79 like this.
  7. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

This would be asinine if you ask me, he's still very young maybe we could try actually developing a player for once.

8. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

There is a -80% chance the Cowboys would do this.

9. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

I bet joe getting calls about now, 2nd round pick? For 3rd pick, and still yrs under rookie deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. DefenseWinsChampionships

QW is another hype machine. I'd trade him for a lower first round pick and in return use that 1st round pick on an impactful offensive weapon at either WR, Center, LG or even a playmaking dual threat RB.

You can easily draft a solid DT/NT during the 2nd round and not miss a beat while replacing Quinnen Williams.

Right now we've got 4 first round picks. Trade Q and we'll have 5 first round picks over the next 2 drafts. Use our 2nd and 3rd round picks and some FA $ on Defense and use ALL 5 1st round picks over the next two drafts on OFFENSE!

1.) Trevor Lawrence.
    2.) WR.
    3.) Center.
    4.) LG.
    5.) RB (or even a game breaking TE).

With Becton and Mims already in place @ LT and WR we can completely re-vamp our entire offense over the next two drafts with 1st round prospects and talents. For the first time, ever.

Sam Darnold too. If we can get a late 1st round pick or even a 2nd in order to give JD as much draft fire power as possible in order to BUILD AROUND TREVOR LAWRENCE?!? It's a no brainier (come the off-season or on draft night).

Sam Darnold.
    Quinnen Williams.
    Marcus Maye.

I want them all traded for draft asset's because if we're to draft Trevor Lawrence it'll become a new era built around JD having fire power to completely rejuvenate our offense over the next two years (before truly focussing on fixing an already crap defense).

Once we landed 2 first round picks for an All Pro in Jamal Adams? It set a trend for JD to load up on as many 1st round picks as possible. And if #33 could get it? Well then so can both of QW and Sam get it too (traded for more 1st round picks).

11. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Please no. Please. No more swaps of quality for lottery tickets. I understood Jamaal since he was demanding big money and was a distraction on a team not ready to win yet.

I'm always amused by my fellow fans here that treat the draft at a higher level than the season itself. At least it seems that way. Five first round picks over two years is better than hosting a home playoff game to them. My god, if only some of you were old enough to remember the year we had FOUR first round picks. Orgasm! Of course the NFL Draft was not hyped up to the level it is now.

Ralebird and ouchy like this.
  12. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

No one is giving us two first rounders for Williams...We would be lucky to get 1.Douglas is making it so we need new starters at every position.Does anyone realize how many years its going to take to fill all these holes?This is a bad way to rebuild a team...Not Resigning good players,trading pro bowlers,cutting good players.Now you have to replace them when we have holes all across the roster.Why not build on what you already had and add to it.

ouchy and REVISion like this.
  13. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

I'm not in favor of any moves that would inspire the Jets FO to even remotely consider drafting another fucking DT this century.

14. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

I bet this started as we're trading any player for picks but this is tripe.

He was the 3rd pick in a draft, playing incredibly well at the run game and needs to step up the pass rush.

We have 2 years base + 1 year option on him after this year. You want him? Give us a first this year, otherwise its a no.

The team has to keep some form of talent throughout this rebuild.

Is he a blue chip star yet....no, but dont let him go for spare parts.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

ouchy, Jets79 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. DefenseWinsChampionships

Oh please! Get the heck off your little high horse already!

You know why Jet fans are talking about 4 and potentially 5 1st round picks over the next 2 years and not a playoff spot? Um. Maybe it's because we're 0-6 with no shot at the playoffs?!?!? You big genius you!

And you know what? I've been know as one of the biggest homers on these boards over the years and heading into the season? Even I myself personally predicted a 3-13 season @ best and in that same post predicted a potential 1-15 1996ish type of season. Wtf did YOU predict?!? Ha!

And you know why fans such as myself predicted a crap season and am exciting about future draft picks?!? Because our roster absolutely STINKS! That's why! And there is no better way to improve a roster than... Hitting on draft picks!

And this is an offensive driven league and as of right now we HAVE NO OFFENSE so if we're able flip QW into an impactful offensive 1st round weapon for Trevor Lawrence? Well then it's a no brainier.

In closing. Get off your little super fandom high horse and don't you DARE ever throw the PLAYOFFS in our face when we're 0 and freaking 6! Again!

So yes. You can bet your last damn dollar on why Jet fans dream of 5 first round picks over the next two years including a trade of QW because with this current crap roster we aren't going to SNIFF THE PLAYOFFS unless we hit on draft picks while building through the draft!

16. DefenseWinsChampionships

No. He's not playing incredibly well against the run and makes 0 impact whatsoever. You know who actually played incredible against the run? Jamal Adams. He made everyone around him better and was a true DOG against the run.

QW is currently leading a run defense that ranks 23rd in rush yards allowed, 31st with an 80 yard run allowed, 28th in rushing TDs allowed and only 12th in yards per run against and to make it worse, coming out of Alabama he was hyped up about being one of the greatest pass rushing DTs to ever declare for an NFL draft but yet we rank 23rd in sacks while QW himself only has a whopping 2 sacks and even worse only 2 QB hits!

We went from the #1 or #2 run defense last year with Jamal flying all over the field with a 1st team All Pro campaign to one of the worst run defenses around here in 2020 with QW holding the fort down within the trenches.

You can replace QW with a 2nd or 3rd round DT and our crap run defense wouldn't even MISS A BEAT!

If JD can trade Q for a 1st and land an impactful WR or another OLineman opposite of Becton (for Trevor Lawrence) well then it's a no brainier.

We lost the 1st round when Nick Bosa (9 sacks as a rookie) went 1 spot ahead of QW @#3 overall. We were supposed to be receiving a generational type of Aaron Donald and in return we didn't even get a Mo Wilkerson, Sheldon Richardson or even a Leonard; we got a hype machine instead.

17. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Nooo, you gotta trade him. I don’t think he’s anything you can sign for not a ton of $ in FA.

I understand the sentiment, and believe me I’m a home grown guy too. But I’d be happy to drive him to the airport

18. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

Please don’t sign juju he is hot garbage.

19. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

We would be more than lucky to get fair value for QW with a mid late 2nd round pick as was mentioned in article. That is a pipe dream. I get if you have to pay the guy, but you don’t. He’s on rookie contract. What’s the rush, if he keeps developing then keep or trade for a 1st when comes time. Be realistic! Have we ever had 2nd round pick pan out last 15 yrs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ouchy likes this.
  20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That's fine. He was considered pretty good at one point and played with Sam at USC. I was just throwing his name out there for those reasons and he's likely to be a FA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.