Report: Jets will make a run at Jim Harbaugh

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetsclaps, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I don't see it happening, even if Baltimore somehow misses the playoffs. Plus rooting for the Browns goes against the Jets draft pick order.

2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I had to go and double check as I thought I had heard it mentioned, my hometown team had a black manager for a bit got the sack last season though.

3. Im starting to think the “where theres smoke theres fire” reference has some merit.

I know hes a proud alum & has alot of fire but i follow the Big 10 & scUM are my spartans buggest rival. Ive never felt like Harbaugh was 100% vested long term.Hes always seemed just ever so slightly detached bc his heart is in the pro game. My best friend is a huge Michigan fan(jets fan too) and hes much more excited about him in New York than Ann arbor.Most of Maze n blue nation is lukewarm on him at this stage.

If the Jets call the media’s bluff & somehow land him..thats a grand slam for Wolj & i hope Woody ends up staying in the UK,buying Chelsea or MU & driving them into the ground :)

#263 KurtTheJetsFan, Dec 28, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2018
  4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

His wife loved SF and is probably going bat shit crazy in MI. Happy wife, happy life.

Red Menace and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Dear Jim,

If you sign with the Jets I promise to ban @Rollo Tomassi For 3 months and send him to 3 month vacation.

6. Just like that you send on vacations,Brook?!

If so ive been hoping for a 2 week “ban” to barbados for about 3 years now!

dawinner127, FJF and Brook! like this.
  7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Then we’ll have 3 months of stokes?

dawinner127 and Brook! like this.
  8. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

When are things ever easy with the Jets?

Even if he decides to come back to the pros EXPECT fierce competition from other teams Cleveland? Miami? Some mystery team?

We're gonna have to sweat it out as always.

I hope he comes here.

9. WarriorRB28

I'll say it again if he's coming back to the pros HERE then this deal SHOULD get done quickly.

If he's staying in college then his answer will be no, move on quickly.

If he's coming back it should get done quickly DO NOT allow him to use the Jets offer as leverage to get more power, more cash from some other team.

10. WarriorRB28

Man if the Jets get Jim Harbaugh Leveon Bell would be such a perfect fit here.

With the Giants coming off another bad season and possibly moving on from Eli this offseason they'll be in transition. The Jets could really own this town.

And with Darnold here I think Harbaugh would stay here past four years.

Such a awesome coach I remember he instantly turned around the 49ers. His teams were tough, ran the ball, played tough defense, always got excellent play out of his QBs. His teams were always in contention.

HomeoftheJets and Mr mittens like this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Thanks!

12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Thanks also!

I'm curious though - not that I want to get into non-football matters here, but since we're touching on it, let me ask: Does England have any racial/minority laws/rules like America does - college admissions, certain professions/jobs, etc.? In short, is racial discrimination a significant issue there and how do you deal with it?

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You're absolutely correct that the color of one's skin shouldn't matter, but sadly to many people it does. I hope that your generation can finally end the scourge that is racism and bigotry, but doubt it will.

14. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

The more we harp on it and force it to the forefront, the more prevelant it will be. Get rid of distinctions and stop focusing on the characteristics so much. That is the solution, if there is one.

FJF likes this.
  15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Has anyone watched that amazon show “All or Nothing” Michigan?

Harbaugh is a very interesting person.

16. K'OB

I am sure we have ethnic minority rules, for example, the police must have a certain percentage of EM's, this was to counter claims of institutionalised racism in the police force, just had a quick look and can't see it is a written into law but more of a recommendation.

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

EM's?

18. K'OB

Ethnic minorities, it was mentioned earlier in my sentence thought I was safe to shorten it the second time :rolleyes:;)

Ralebird likes this.
  19. K'OB

Are you white? It does sound like you are, the harping on about it comment certainly suggests so.

I guess if everybody stopped talking about racism it is sure to go away on its own accord, now I am white myself and I live in an area of England that has probably the lowest percentage of ethnic minorities, black/Asian, people of colour, whatever you want them to go by.

So for me when I visit a bigger City in England like say Manchester (multi-cultural) or Bradford(high Pakistani population) and I am the odd one out and feel a little bit, well hell no a lot out of my comfort zone I can sort of understand what or how it must feel like for those people to walk the predominately white areas of a City/Country

I know a couple of Philipino woman (unfortunately not like that :D) one has been forced to move house due to the racist piece of shit that lived next door, said racist has found out where she now lives and is back round throwing eggs and stuff at their windows.

Do we ignore this behaviour? Even though that is probably a mild case I also know what the poor woman is going through as she tells me when I deliver to her workplace, it isn't very nice to listen too tbh.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

Are their racists, of course, always will be. Is the country as a whole racist. You tell me, we elected a black president twice, we pay black athletes millions of dollars just like white, all these suburban white kids are buying sneakers and jerseys of white and black there’s just the same.