Report: Jets GM Mike Maccagnan on the hot seat

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AJT73, Apr 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

well, you are brought in to guru a young QB. Would be nice to have a center he can rely on. The way I see it, the new will move out the old

2. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

that is hysterical. Gase has been hired to work with some high profile QBs and was given personnel control in miami with the HC job. . Macc hid in the Houston organization until his buddy Charlie came out and recommended that theJets hire him. He spent 4 years carrying Bowles' coat.

3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

and how did that work out?

4. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

You cannot blame Mac on not getting Paradis - it was pretty well publicized that he did not want to play in NY.

stinkyB likes this.
  5. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Really?? Please tout all the accomplishments of Gase.
    Guy just got fired from Miami for bing a shitty coach that no one wanted to play for.

The dysfunction I am talking about is that the GM needs to hire the coach. Instead we continue with an assine hierarchy that both answer to owner.

stinkyB likes this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it's fine. you don't want an ehco chamber you want people who challenge each other

7. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

I agree that Mac has been pretty poor in the middle rounds, but this is where I think Jet fans can be a little unfair. Most NFL draft pics dont pan out. And in fact the Jets are middle of the pack in draft performance because Mac has selected well in the 1st round and in the later rounds. Most teams would have selected a bust player in the 1st that is no longer playing but all of Macs pics are contributors. Here is an analysis if interested: https://overthecap.com/looking-at-nfl-draft-success-since-2015/

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

Report: Jets GM Mike Maccagnan on the hot seat

New York Jets General Manager Mike Maccagnan has had arguably the top player in the draft fall to him at No.3-overall the past two seasons-USC QB Sam Darnold in 2018 and Alabama DT Quinnen Williams in 2019-and has been smart enough to grab them. That would seems to guarantee job security for most GMs but Maccagnan is reportedly on the hot seat according to Michael Lombardi of The Athletic.

"I hear that all is not well in New York Jets land about their scouting operation. General Manager Mike Maccagnan is on the hot seat internally, and many in the league expect changes in the Jets' front office after the draft. Stay tuned." said Lombardi. The timing certainly seems odd-if you didn't trust Maccagnan's judgement, why would you let him hand out huge contracts in free agency to the likes of linebacker C.J. Moseley and running back Le'Veon Bell and let him run your draft? Also, the Jets let Maccagnan hire a new head coach in Adam Gase.

Things always seem to be run differently for Gang Green and often the team seems a step behind much of the rest of the NFL. The next few weeks could be very interesting in New York.

boozer32 likes this.
  9. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

McCagnan literally said he hadn't had the chance to meet Q's deceased mother yet. That alone should get him fired.

legler82, NYJalltheway and Jets69 like this.
  10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

What?

Red Menace likes this.
  11. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Yes. lol it happened. After drafting Q he had his typical post 1st round press conference. He said he hadn't had the chance to meet his mom. Reporter said, "She is deceased".

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Lombardi is a Patriots-loving piece of crap. I'll wait til I hear more credible sources before I take it too seriously.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  13. GasedAndConfused

ouch

The Dark Knight likes this.
  14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

DOOHHHHH!!! seriously?!?!

legler82 and The Dark Knight like this.
  15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Talk about awkward. At least he didn’t lie though

The Dark Knight likes this.
  16. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Not buying it. You don't fire a GM AFTER the draft, you fire him before the off season begins. It would be stupider than the Knicks firing Phil Jackson after picking Frank. It wouldn't make any sense to fire him now unless they have major internal problems. I can't see him getting fired for picking a guy that many said is the best player in the draft, period.

FJF and stinkyB like this.
  17. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

More evidence that Mac is moronic. Like study your players more. There is no excuse for a random fan knowing more then a GM of a football team.

legler82 and Brook! like this.
  18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Just read it, it isn't favorable at all to Mac. Most measures have the Jets at the bottom of the league. The one the Jets do the best on, which is still just average, is playing time. But having a bunch of top 10 picks helps with that.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I am not a Mac fan but firing him after the draft would look pretty stupid. If Gase wants some adjustment in their scouting strategy and that includes bringing some new scouts in thats fair, but to fire the GM after essentially 3 months of choosing to keep him makes us look like a circus franchise.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

What a pinhead.

tomdeb and Brook! like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.