ref's make correct call, Patriot fan's outraged!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TonyIommi, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Mr. Green Pants

Officials very easily could've eaten the whistles on that play, but the call was correct. In a game where we had a touchdown taken away by a Dwyane Wade style flop, I ain't gonna feel bad that we got a break there.

2. gopats88

gopats88 Member

The shitty thing is they have been "swallowing the whistle" the whole season up until now. According to Mike Periera's twitter, there have been multiple instances of this happening throughout the season, and the league finally decided this week to clamp down by putting those examples on the officials' weekly training tape and asked them to start calling this penalty.

Shitty timing for us. It would be nice if they had been calling this play since Week 1 so that teams could get used to the new rules while the outcomes are less important. But the reality of the situation is that it's the players' and coaches' responsibility to know the rules, and the Patriots have certainly been the benefactors of similar situations.

The Patriots didn't play nearly well enough today that I can say we "deserved" the win, but they are still 5-2 and in a good position moving forward. Congrats on the victory.

3. harkin

harkin Member

No kidding - compared to the Snow-Job they did to the Raiders and the cover-up (destruction of evidence) on Spy-Gate this was nothing.

4. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Rex should tattoo 913 on his arm
    - Lucas

hahaha (it was rule 913 that drew the penalty)

#84 74, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

On 1050 they are saying the Patriots clearly practiced it, it was designed, they just didn't know there rule clearly.

Patriots fans don't seem to be complaining either because it is a real penalty and last week the Pats lucked out on not getting a penalty called. Take the W and move on, no egrets, they had a chance to beat us in OT regardless, OT rules are screwy to begin with. Had the penalty not been called the Pats would have had an extra possession which isn't exactly fair either.

I think the better team won today.

6. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Pretty much agree with this.

Congrats on the game, my prediction of winning by double digits was certainly wrong.

You guys won and that's that. Nobody needs to make excuses for either side, the score board says 30-27 in favor of the Jets, being a bitch about it won't change it.

Well played and well executed, especially on the ground, Pats had key injuries and the Jets took advantage of it, as ANY team would, and should. We do it all the time and were on the receiving end this week.

Again, grats on your EARNED (i figure not many others from my fan base will use that word, so i'll give it to you) win.

7. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

This......

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Again if the penalty wasnt called which it should have been because it was the rule, the Patriots would have won in OT because they got the extra possession and benefited because of the screwed up OT rules.

If anyone is trying to discount an overtime win because of a penalty, then you are a fool. The NFL OT is a joke to begin with, it doesnt prove anything because it takes away factors that judge great football teams. You dont have to worry about the clock, etc. Its just an excuse so the NFL doesnt have to end games in ties which they honestly should.

9. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

The most interesting thing about that play is it looks as though that was planned as if it is something they've been coached to do.

10. RevisXt

RevisXt Member

The player committed the foul, it was called. How is that bullshit? You could clearly see him pushing into his teammate's back.

11. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Chris Jones said he planned on doing it, he clearly didn't know it was illegal.

12. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Not sure how you can say that with a straight face. Their hands are all over the the ref committee. From owner to head coach. Unless you are being sarcastic...you have to be kidding me.

Blaming refs on this site is a bit out of hand but when it comes to that pats...seriously...you have to be f'in kidding me.

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Im not sure who was saying it on 1050, it mightve been Westhoff but whoever, they were saying it was 100% designed and practiced. I have to see a replay but thats what the guys on 1050 were saying.

14. RevisXt

RevisXt Member

Because the Jets get ONE call like that? The Pats got one just like it last week. Grow up.

15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Very nicely said...and quite classy. I think it was a fair outcome that could have easily shifted the other way....much like the first game where neither team took charge of the game thru strong, superior performance.

16. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Amazing, they must of missed that memo & meeting where they explained the new rule during training camp.

17. 3xNFLChampion

3xNFLChampion Banned

It had no effect on the play, and the call in effect handed the game to the Jets. If it was on the Jets there would be 100 posts calling BS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

18. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

So either the Pats coaching staff did not know the rules or purposely taught their players something illegal with assumption that it will probably not get called. Why do I have the feeling it's that latter?

19. NYJet87

NYJet87 Active Member

Hey OP: Go fuck yourself you prick.

WARNING ISSUED

No need for trolling either.

#99 NYJet87, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

They still try to cheat but it no longer flies when people are watching.