Red Dead Redemption

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by JetsVilma28, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

It's fun right away - I've had the game since it released and it's still awesome.

2. IATA

IATA Trolls

Ya, after the long cut scenes to start, you jump right into action, which is nice. Hunting, running around on horses, killing bandits, etc..

Just make sure you pump out the Bonnie line first, there's some important things you'll need in there.

I should have paid more attention to the dueling into, because I fucking suck at it. Any tips? As soon as duel starts, I jump into Dead Eye and start filling the guys' face with Xs and he gets 1 shot on me and I'm dead instantly. Really frustrating not fully understanding a really fun part of the game. Tips, please!!

3. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

It's about timing your shots. I didn't notice it either but the aimer goes from large and red to a small and white aiming reticle. If you mark then shot when it's small it'll fill up much more of the bar. You can fill the whole thing if you hit a white shot on the guy's gun.

4. IATA

IATA Trolls

God, dueling sucks. Thanks for the tip tho!

5. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Hunting and killing a bear with your melee knife was pretty tricky before I discovered the right tactic. Lotta fun to be had up there in the north mountain.

6. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Just finished the game after taking my time with it, liked the ending although there haven't been all that many games with amazing endings compared to movies for example. However, the blackwater part of the game was kind of weak.

7. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I never had a problem with dueling at all, but I heard this from a friend who had the same problem as you. He said that you have to use every bullet in your gun. So make sure you empty the clip and you should be ok

8. IATA

IATA Trolls

I have figured out dueling, thank god. First one to fill their meter will win, and the easiest way to do that is the wait until the opponent has his gun in his hand, well after "DRAW" and then pull your gun and paint him with white arrows(not red). Usually 2-3 bullets kills em.

I'm having trouble with the Sharpshooter Rank 10 challenge. It's the last one I need, but I cant really find a good spot to do it at...

9. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I did it in Thieve's Landing. Make sure you only have the required amount of bullets in your gun, so it doesn't reload when you use dead aim.

10. IATA

IATA Trolls

I've been doing online a bunch. Is it me or is it...deserted? I've never seen more than 10 people online at a time, and I've logged in at various points in the day and evenings.

It gets stale when the only thing you can level with is doing the same gang hideout over and over. I'd love some PvP but there nver anyone who joins a mach I start.

11. dBLitzer28

dBLitzer28 Active Member

DO you have it on the PS3? If you do that might be the problem. The online community on the PS3 isnt as big compared to 360. Ive noticed it too. I got up to lvl 7 and got bored of the online gameplay since nobody was on it.

12. jetsflip2101

jetsflip2101 Well-Known Member

Just finished the game great ending can't wait for the dlc to come out

13. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Just finished the main story mode and done the Hunting and Survivalist levels , only real issue was that the Blackwater mode seemed added on at the last minute . Mexico had a real depth to it .

All in all a great game , now to put my bandana on an terrorise my local!!

14. IATA

IATA Trolls

I haven't finished it yet.I took it out for a movie and haven't managed to want to slip it back in :s

15. danallen

danallen Banned

This shit got so boring after 2-3 weeks. I haven't played in forever.

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Is anyone getting the new DLC? Legends and Killers?

Get characters from the first game and a tomahawk and new multiplayer maps.

The next DLC allows you to play liar's dice and poker in Multiplayer...Im waiting for the last one which brings in Zombies into Red Dead World...That might be a big hit

17. IATA

IATA Trolls

Not worth it for PS3...Multiplayer is dead. I've put in probly 30 hours of multiplayer and seen no more than 10-15 online, and none of them wanted to touch gang matches.