Really ESPN?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mambo9, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

It's all good with me. On a deep pass down field, I don't expect QBs to thread the eye of the needle every time. That's what 6'4" receivers with long wingspans and a nice vertical leap are for. Just get it in the area :)

2. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Bayless is probably worse than any other "expert" on espn. Easily the least knowledgeable of the game.

3. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

Regardless of what Uniform Bomber is implying, Bayless claiming the pass was underthrown is a huge reach, as if to only undermine Sanchez's performance. It's also irrelevant because it was a TD. It's even dumber on Skip's part because Tebow underthrew Hill on a much easier pass a few weeks earlier in preseason by several feet compared to Sanchez's inches/foot.

4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Skip just wants Tebow to start. So he'll nitpick Sanchez performance all while boosting up Tebow.

5. NJrocket24

NJrocket24 Well-Known Member

On sportscenter they had a summary of each Tebow snap analyzing each one basically indepth then all of Sanchez's TD's basically described as sanchez to throws to hill.

The separate amount of attention is ridiculous.

6. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

why do you people care? These guys are the definition of clowns.

the circus is in that studio. literally. They're paid to be caricatures. Nothing more. One is a yelling idiot and the other is the ultimate troll. you people only give them more notoriety by paying attention to them and talking about them.

if you want to make them go away, ignore them.

7. FriendlyDolphin

Pretty sure you knicks fans would like the way bayless talks about lebron just not when it comes to the jets. They are indeed trolls. Don't disagree with what smith said overall tho.

#47 FriendlyDolphin, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  8. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Bayless is just retarded. He's the same clown that tried to claim responsibility for Lebron James succeeding in the finals this year, rather than last. Him and Smith are not real analysts. Their analysis is often something a 5 year old could come up with. Clearly they don't study the game, they just bring up controversy and social drama. Why did the Heat win the title this year? "They just played harder and put in a good effort". Like seriously? They didn't try hard enough last year? If Sanchez keeps it up, I bet somehow Skip will claim it was because of his motivation and act like he knew it all along.

#48 Barcs, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  9. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

The entire media save for a few, are complete clowns. Its not just the sports media either.

No one reports facts anymore. No one reports news. The media actually tries ( and usually succeeds) in actually creating the story.

They decided the Jets were gonna suck. Period. So now, wherever you go, whomever you talk to, its the same story. 'The Jets suck man" But no one actually knows anything about the team.

Carolina is a playoff team! Sobeit I guess. Bu the y wont be.

And then the same media idiots get to make stories out of the opposite of their original stories coming true. AS IF THEY'RE STORIES!!!. Whats goinjg on in Carolina"? "Can the Jets actually win"?

Its so fuckin stupid. So fuckin repetitive.

So many of my friends I bullshit abou sports with just spew out shit Fatcessa said, or Bayless or any othese other hundreds of idiots.

I dont know yet if the Jets are gonna win 7,8,9 maybe 12 games. But I'm SURELY not gonna wait for Skip Bayless to answer that for me. I'm just gonna watch the games.

10. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Skip needs to give it a rest. It was funny for a second but the other billion seconds have been ridiculous. It feels in-genuine....but it does make their production meetings easy.

11. mrmahon

mrmahon New Member

As there were many very good comments in this thread this was among the best to me, at lease the steven a and basketball part . . . I guess he wants more then a part time job of just doing b-ball and thats the best fit for him to argue with another moron bayliss a blind tebow lover who thinks tebow was some kind of factor last week , , , come on comment with your eyes not your heart.

12. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

Skip Bayless is going to hate on Sanchez all year, no matter how well he plays, because he wants Tebow to play

13. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Bingo.

And bingo.

The fact that Skip had to point out that the ball was underthrown - after the day Sanchez had - was the epitome of a troll's critique.

14. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

15. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

haha nice.

By the way, Hugh Douglas was on First Take today, and he picked the Jets to reach the SB. And it wasn't because of the game against the Bills; he said he picked them before the Season started, mainly because he feels that if the Jets can put up 21 PPG, then the D will carry them into and through the Playoffs. So, not everyone at ESPN is hating on the Jets.

16. Josh007

Josh007 New Member

Well that's a bummer...oh well! J E T S Jets Jets Jets

17. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

anyone hear Michael Wilbon on PTI today?

The question posed was something along the lines of "who would be more annoying to have win, Dallas Cowboys or the New York Jets?"

Wilbon responded with (paraphrasing) "the only reason people are annoyed by the Jets are because of this network (ESPN) and the insane amount of Tebow/Jets coverage. They have done nothing to deserve this hatred"

18. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

So, if the Sanchez threw 10 TDs would that have been enough?

19. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Here were the week 1 picks from BSPN analysts

Eric Allen
    Mike Golic
    Merrill Hoge
    Ron Jaworski
    Mark Schlereth
    Tom Jackson
    Keyshawn Johnson
    Cris Carter

all picked the Bills to win

Chris Mortensen
    Adam Schefter
    Wickersham(who the hell is he)
    Mike Ditka

all picked the Jets to win

On CBS, dont really know these bums but there's 9 guys

7 picked the Bills
    2 picked the Jets

FOX has 3 guys predicting Buffalo makes the playoffs, ESPN has 9/12 writers picking the Bills to make the playoffs

No one has the Jets in the playoffs and barely picked them to win Opening Day yet this win means nothing

20. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I dont really think the Hill TD was underthrown so much as Hill is so damn fast he beat the ball to the spot, Sanchez will likely put less air under the ball for Hill and more zip so Hill can continue to catch the ball with his chest LOL, Cypress Hill and Dirty Sanchez is gonna be a crazy duo for us