Really ESPN?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mambo9, Sep 10, 2012.

1. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

I think the more ESPN hates the Jets, the more Jets will embrace the hate and fuel the fire inside to prove everyone wrong. The 1st win of the season I heard was basically Rex motivating the team and showing the NY Post cover of how the Jets were portrayed in a negative light. That disrespect must have fueled the Jets to play their best yesterday.

2. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

Everytime those two idiots appear on tv I change the channel. Its with every sport they have a little debate and I clearly think espn does it just for show. But I can't stand either one of them. Skip bayless LOVES tebow more than any other player in the nfl. And Smith is some loud mouth who sticks his input in sports he doesn't even know. Listen to him talk about baseball and you'll see.

3. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

its weller and you're clearly stupider than me

4. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Tim Cowlishaw's an ass. He just admitted on ATH that, despite picking the Bills to be a wildcard playoff team, the Jets aren't legit because "we have to remember, this is the Buffalo Bills". He even has the crass to end his schpeal with "my integrity is intact".

5. feldspar

feldspar Member

Sanchez played very well...the punches were going his way, but you cannot say that he did not played well. The Jets totally capitalized on every single Bills mistake, basically...that includes Sanchez. The guy played well, and he deserves not a shred of criticism this week. Dude played great, really, except for the INT. Don't know why anybody would say anything other than that and then leave it alone.

Skip Bayless is the biggest Tebow homer on the entire planet, and this might even include Tebow's own mother. Tebow was a non-factor in this game. I think Bayless desperately wants to criticize Sanchez somehow so he can get his way and have Tebow start...but there is nothing that happened in this game that should cause any such discussion they had there at ESPN.

BTW, I really don't like Stephen A Smith, either.

6. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

Not ESPN, but on NBC Sports networks Mike Florio just told the exact same "well, it's just the Bills" story. Nevermind the fact that he picked the Bills to win 10-3.

I know, I know, it's my own fault for listening to Mike Florio talk.

7. feldspar

feldspar Member

I think that what a lot of people miss is that those talking-heads are just like us.
    But we follow our own teams a lot more than these guys do. Some of these guys not only try to follow the NFL, but MULTIPLE sports. You simply cannot do that with any degree of accuracy in my opinion.

Yeah, I'm gonna follow basketball, baseball, the NFL, college football, freakin' women's tennis, ping-pong, and golf. You cannot do that. There is entirely too much going on.

I hate ESPN anymore. They'll switch back and forth between sports so much that I cannot stand their coverage.

8. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

We should make a competition as to who can see more of it without being drunk... personally I hated the other guy more than Skip. But both were unlisteneable.

9. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Skip Bayless makes money being a troll.

10. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

I've gotta call bullshit on that. If it's your full-time job to know sports, then you better not be a dumbass. And, if you're wrong, you better own up to your mistake if you want to maintain any credibility.

11. Good! Call em clowns...the more the media hates the better they are gonna play. This is a very physical football team...and the more physical they play the more big plays they get from their key contributors

Let the hate flow through you my fellow Jet fans.

12. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Truth be told, Sanchez did underthrow that pass to Hill. Of course, he might have underthrown it intentionally, kind of how you do a back shoulder throw, bt Hill did have to slow down and come back for it.

Even if it was a unintentional under throw, it was still a nice pass and a nice catch :)

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Remember when tebow had Hill wide open in the end zone? That was awesome.

14. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

listen to him talk about football half the time! He just sees which way the winds are blowing and takes that opinion and runs with it. The media spins this ridiculous narrative that the Jets are going to be in the hunt for a top 5 draft pick and in for a disaster season, so what does Stephen A Smith do? Picks the Jets to miss the playoffs finished THIRD in the division behind the Bills... and predicts Sanchez will fail and get benched for Tebow. I don't know how anyone, who watches football could in their right mind predict that the Bills would leap frog the Jets this year considering how much we've manhandled them under Rex. Smith picked them to finish ahead of us and win the game on sunday, that turned out splendidly for him didn't it.

15. Demosthenes9

Yep, remember it well. And ? Is that what it's come to ? Point out that someone was right about Sanchez slightly underthrowing a pass and you feel compelled to say that Tebow did also ?

16. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

I love that they will under estimate us game after game. It keeps us grounded as far as ego's and gives us that we have something to prove attitude. Id rather the taking them by the blind side approach this year.

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I find it hilarious that a tebow fan boi is on here pointing out that a pass was slightly underthrown. If tebow threw that pass you guys would have an 85 page thread and 3 highlight videos sucking his dick about it.

18. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Sanchez is still working on his chemistry obviously with his Receivers... Once he has their timing down and knows how they manuever we should be great

19. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

bayless does this shtick for the sole purpose of y'all coming on and posting about the shit he stirs

20. Demosthenes9

Only reason I pointed it out is because of this statement:

Seems to me that Uniform Bomber is claiming that Sanchez didn't underthrow that pass, is he not ?

he's wrong about that and I said so. I also pointed out that it might have been done so on purpose.