Reality Check

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by xjets2002x, Dec 12, 2006.

1. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

Am I one of the only people who still thinks we make the playoffs. Minnesota, Miami, and Oakland are all very beatable teams when we are at the top of our game, and I trust Mangini to light a fire under these players asses after last weeks game. Besides, Buffalo was a very good 5-7 team, they played close games with the 2 best teams in the AFC.

2. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

I agree that football is a business above all else and I agree with Chads salary he should play but we also have to think of football beyond today and at some point we have to find out what Clemens can do. I am proud of the way the jets played this year but the time has come to find out what we need to do going forward regarding our Qb.

3. Denny

Denny Active Member

Best post in a while amongst all the knee jerks. A fan with patience willing to wait and envision a promising future. The face of this team is not all together yet. I'm looking foward to next year.

Any wins from here on is gravy but even if this team were to make the playoffs they would be a one and done. The others are too strong to overcome. And with the offenses' inability to come from behind also hinders any playoff run. Just wait until this defense can control a whole game and an established running game behind an improved O-line. It won't matter who's at QB. (well a figure of speech of course)

Stay the course or whatever.............

4. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

So if Chad gets an emergency call during the second quarter and Clemens comes in and goes 12-12 with 2 tds, you think ownership or management or head coach would really care about the kind of money they owe Chad?

You are correct. That was a total team loss on Sunday. Until we are mathematically eliminated, I would stick with Chad. Once eliminated, its a no brainer. Try the kid out and give him a full game or two.

Then, respectfully, Chad goes to the bench and can start to wave the white towel again. If it slips out of his hand, worse case would be it sails over the head of the guy standing next to him..and then it gently falls to the grown like a good little duck.