Real problems in the Jet locker room

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PulseJet, Dec 18, 2016.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

only after jets losses, so yes far too often!

2. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

There is an article in the Post today about the incredible amount of injuries the
    Jets have suffered this year as opposed to last year. I think there is a lot to it. As a long time coach I always think in terms of personnel and their effect. As fans we focus on coaches, intensity, half-time adjustments and clock management just like the media. In reality the game plan can put a player in position to make a play but sometimes he does have the ability to do it because he is not talented enough as a second or third stringer. That's why the top guys are in such demand. When you lose them to injury the replacement can usually make the ordinary play but struggles to make a great play. When a line coach or special team coach have different people available each week it is hard to get any consistency. Maybe we should use this information more when we form opinions on this terrible season.

3. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Injuries certainly played a part this season -- Khiry Robinson going out before the season, Decker going out early, Clady, Mangold, and whatever it was that put Erin Henderson on the Non-Football Illness IR....

But I think we have a lot of players with bad attitudes. We need to drop Sheldon Richardson as badly as we've needed to drop anybody since Santonio Holmes, in my opinion. Breno, Brandon Marshall, Revis-- all of these guys should be sent to other teams so they can be hand grenades in our opponent's locker rooms.

4. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

I'm sure there is some of that. Losing is hard. Keeping highly paid players pushing when there is no goal in sight is really difficult.

5. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

That is a good point, I didn't look at it like that. It seemed like people were more upset with the profanity itself, but I see what you are saying here. Personally, I think the Jets need to trade Richardson asap, just make sure it's not within the division. We all know Rex would be drooling over the idea of having him on his team again.

6. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I'll assume you're joking.

7. BonScott

BonScott Active Member

[QUOTE="abyzmul, post: 3533681,
    Then they'd have to consider that he drove 143mph to try to resist an arrest by cops, drove into a residential neighborhood, parked in a random driveway, and was too stupid to turn the headlights off. (This is a guy that wants millions for his adrenaline-charged quick thinking).

[/QUOTE]
    iirc he parked, turned off the lights, yet kept his foot on the brake. can't coach stupid

8. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Wonder if he was boasting in the car about how smart he was to turn the lights off?

#168 Walt White, Dec 22, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    matt robinson 17 likes this.
  9. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Exactly correct. If this moron is this idiotic as to not curb is immature behavior while he's trying to 'get' the money, can you imagine what he's capable of after he gets paid? In a league chockfull of knuckleheads, Sheldon is definitely running with the big dogs in this category. The fact that he still refuses to understand the millions that he's costing himself is mind-boggling. In his defense, the team hasn't allowed him to play his natural position. Because of that his trade value has suffered, which hurts the team, but his position shuffling has zero impact on his off-field issues - of which, he is solely responsible...

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Like I always tell my 3 sons, you never root for an opposing player to get injured....except for Tom Brady......and Cindy Crosby....

Sam Hammer likes this.
  11. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Sheldon Richardson has a bad attitude, is clearly an off field problem, may be a locker room problem but he is also arguably the most talented player on this team.

You may need someone like John Madden who was more of a zoo keeper than a coach but the right man can squeeze a ton of production out of this kid.

12. James Hasty

The biggest problem in the Jets locker room this year is that we did not have IK Impali punch Ryan Fitzpatrick breaking his jaw before the start of this season

13. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Honestly, it would have worked out better if he never did that last year. They weren't making the playoffs anyway, so they'd at least have better draft position, and wouldn't have overpaid Fitz over a fluke year.

alleycat9 and MoWilkBeast like this.
  14. Walt White

In lieu of Vince Lombardi being dead and not available to coach I think we've seen enough of this guy's potential now.

Cat's a better player and so is Mo when he's right. McClendon came to play and Deon Simon looks good.

No babying these guys or waiting for them to get with the program. Let him go somewhere else and negotiate other players contracts with the media and talk about how he's badass for the money with them..

15. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

our o-line at full strength isn't great but with the injuries there is no constancy. brick retired, clady got hurt, mangold got hurt, breno missed most of the season, winters missed a few game and there were some others as well. out o-line is in shambles

16. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Man talk about a complete out of text misread of what my original post was intended to point out, this one takes the cake...I'm not going to even attempt to explain it, have a great day.

17. Walt White

Yes Sir!

18. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

OMG...now everyone gives a shit about what a freakin football player says ....but when a presidential candidate says shit like this no one gives a fuck...really....REALLY!!!!!

alleycat9 likes this.
  19. Walt White

There's outrage over everything he says or does everywhere, whatever he says and how he says it. There is some serious whining going on.

20. James Hasty

If Richard d on can grab Brady by the pussy and get a couple sacks we might just have to keep him.