RB Steven Jackson To Become Free Agent Next Season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LongIslandBlitz, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Now I feel old, I saw Jackson when he was getting carries as a Sun Devil for El Dorado High School and now he's 30.

He's a great, smart and friendly guy but he's old and banged up often. He also showed a ton of loyalty by sticking it out with a bad team and not complaining about it. That being said I'd like to see him get a shot with a team that can help him make the playoffs as long as it's not the Pats. I think based on his age and injury history I think he could be a productive back in a system that tosses the ball around like it's in the backyard... Atlanta, New Oreans, Detroit, or even Cinci would be good fits for him.

2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

yea your right we should stick with Greene who has 60carries for 150 yrds this season much better idea, we are ranked 31st in rushing

3. Mason

Mason New Member

Corey Dillon was pretty damn good for the Pats at 30 years old. I would like to get a speed back, though.

4. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Yea Reggie Bush is gonna be a free agent, he's who I really want he's proved he can be an effective between the tackles runner plus he can catch it, he's who we really need,but I don't see him leaving Miami unless we offer him big money

5. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

You're delusional. Before this season, he has been a top 5 running back every year. The guy is the definition of a workhorse. He's just always been stuck on a shitty team.

The guy has hit 30, usually the downfall for running backs. I wouldn't mind bringing him in to see how the legs are after this season. LT had a nice first season with us.

6. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

When Mojo was holding out we should have got that deal done. A strong running game would secure Rex defensive gameplan. I would have traded Holmes, Tebow, McKnight and more to ink that deal.

MJD and Greene could have been a fierce one-two punch.

New York Jets, a run first football club with a play-action dagger.

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

because the only possibilities for next year will be Greene or Jackson.

really? you think it is going to be just an issue of money? I'm sure the Jets can't wait to try and sign the player who voiced pleasure at Revis tearing his ACL.

8. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

2006 was incredible year for him

2009 was a solid year

When you play against the Seahawks, cardinals and 49ers twice a year you should have phenomenal stats. That division has been a laughing stock for the last decade.

2006 rams went 8-8 Arizona was 5-11
    2007 rams went 3-13 Seattle 10-6
    2008 rams went 2-14 Arizona 9-7
    2009 rams went 1-15 Arizona 10-6
    2010 rams went 7-9 Arizona 5-11
    2011 rams went 2-14 49ers 13-3

I wonder how much of his Yds came in garbage time when nobody gave a shit. His touchdown stats are mediocre. Really, his career is not very impressive at all. Good job Steven Jackson :up: you suck and the rams suck together, forever.

#28 JetsVilma28, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  9. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Ryan Matthews is in hot water with this organization, and has been moved to their #2 running back.

I would throw a conditional out for him.

10. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

He's gonna be 30 and a bit past his prime, Rather not go after him.

11. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

Steven Jackson would cut off his legs before coming to the Jets. He'll be going to a contender. Probably NE knowing our luck.

12. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

You do know we're what most would consider pretty shitty right now... right? We might be worse than the rams right now.... We won't be saying no to Jackson.... He'll be saying no to us!

13. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

That's my thinking, I think his best bet is a pass first team that can use a guy like him as an added punch. I think Atlanta is a good spot for him too. Could you imagine him in that offense? Jones, Matty Ice, White... Jackson

14. TXJet

TXJet Banned

And he doesn't deserve to be a part of this shit team either!!

15. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

Damn.... It will be Corey Dillon all over again.... Man I wish I hadn't brought it up. Pass all day and then Jackson for the kill shot. Scary thought.

16. NFL

NFL Active Member

Yes! I said that after this last game when they gave the other guy more snaps. I think they said that he'll start this week tho.

17. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

As someone else mentioned LT came here at over 30 y.o. It would all depend on how much money he wants, he can actually run with power and catch the freakin ball, he can also block. Jackson has been my favorite rb for years, I would love to see him on this team. Yes, he is hurt alot at this point in his career so you cant count on him for a full 16.

18. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I'd only be in favor of bringing him in if he's looked at like LT was and we actually go out a draft or trade for a young stud at the position.
    As a 3rd down, short yardage back, I wouldn't hate it, but at what price?

19. NFL

NFL Active Member

He's still playing good football, he could be the solution for at least a year. Think about it we dont have much luck drafting RBs in later rounds we would need a 1st to get someone who shines quickly. But, this year we have too many needs. I've been looking into Geno Smith, and wow I would love him here, and I like Mark but I'd rather have Geno. I would like him in the first round then an OLB or 2 in the next rounds. Then the obvious needs at OL and Safety. I believe that we can get a receiver in the Free Agency this offseason. So for atleast one year I wouldn't mind Jackson at RB. There are other options like Bush but I don't see him here. Then next year we get a stud RB and maybe another OLB and ILB and whatever else is needed by then.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

He'd be a fuck of a lot better than any RB we have. Problem is someone is going to pay him more than he's worth because of all the shit already pointed out.