Ravens Patriots

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jesterjetman, Oct 12, 2010.

1. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

I initially thought root ravens, and knock the pats out of the division race. But I happen to think we will win the division and home-field advantage is a concern as well, so then I thought, maybe pull for the Pats... Not great either way (glass half empty)

thoughts?

2. 624

624 Banned

Season doesn't end Week 6.

Root for the Ravens..they can lose later in the year

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

THIS-

I want to see the Pats lose, the main reason is we lost to them. MEANING THE RAVENS in case it's not obvious.

#3 MadBacker Prime, Oct 12, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  4. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

As an NFL fan, I think it'll be a good game to watch. Two consistently good teams.

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

last years loss doesn't count this year.

I'm pulling for the Pats. we have another swipe at them to get them a second loss, so the Jets destiny is in their hands. but the Jets can't do anything about the Ravens, so the sooner they get that second loss the better.

6. MadBacker Prime

We lost to the Ravens in week 1 remember?

That was 2010.

7. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

When did we lose to the Pats?

8. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

I'd rather see the Ravens lose. We have the tie-breaker on the Pats still and feel we will end up winning the division regardless. I'd like to see the Ravens get knocked to 2 losses giving us the lead in the race for home field advantage.

9. MadBacker Prime

OMG-

You guys can't put that together?

I want to see the Ravens beat the Pats because we lost to the RAVENS.

I thought you could figure it out, but apparently not. You see we opened the season with a loss to the Ravens.

10. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

Nah man you got it backwards this is good for us. Yes, we would like both teams to lose and yeah it's way early in the season to really even care that much. But look at it this way: if each team were to play other teams as opposed to each other, and we simplify their chances of winning that game to a simple 50%:

Chance of both teams winning 25%
    Chance of one team losing, one winning 50%
    Chance of both teams losing 25%

Now consider that both of these teams are very good, especially the Ravens, and the chances of both of them winning as opposed to losing are probably more like 40-10.

Now, though, one team must lose and one team must win. So instead of hoping for the 10-15% chance that both teams lose and risking the 35-40% chance that both teams win, we get 100% one team will lose, which is guaranteed to help one way or the other.

But root against the Pats. Nothing's sure in football but get to the playoffs, and right now the division, at least to a degree, still goes through Tom Brady and Bill Belichick.

Or screw it and root for a tie.

11. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

We need to win the division. Pats are in a hole if they lose. So, I'll pull for the Ravens, and the Pats will win.

12. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

YEA TOO BAD WE CANT WATCH IT

ENJOY GIANTS DETROIT THOUGH

ugh!

13. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Obviously, root for the non-divisional team to beat the divisional team.

14. SuperBowl50

SuperBowl50 Member

Why is there any question about this?

Pats are in our division, have a cheater for a coach, a girly haired QB and too many brownnosers in the media. Am I missing something?

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This Jets team has won in the playoffs on the road, twice, with a rookie under center and another in the backfield. If we don't get home field throughout, it probably won't be the worst thing in the world.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Jets travel to Baltimore for the AFCC, if that's what it came to.

I just enjoy seeing the Pasts lose that much.

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

put what together? you stated explicitly that you wanted to see the Pats lose because we lost to them. obviously we know that the Ravens beat us, not the Pats, but how can we assume you do if you don't even know how to communicate such? honestly?

you stated something extremely specific, and nowhere in your post did you mention the Ravens. communication depends on you stating what you mean, not anyone else assuming what you did.

the them in your initial post can't mean the Ravens due to the rules of sentence structure. the "them" can only refer to the team you mentioned prior in the sentence -- the Pats.

17. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

We control our own destiny in the Division from here on out. We do not control home field due to losing to Baltimore. I'm rooting for the Crows to lose.

18. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

If you deep down in your heart think the Jets are for real and a legit contender for the #1 seed then you have to root for the Pats.

Ravens remaining schedule
    @NE
    Buff
    Mia
    @Atl
    @Car
    TB
    Pitt
    @Hou
    NO
    @Cle
    Cin

Better opponents at home (Mia, Pitt, NO), alot of cream puffs (Cin, Cle, TB, Car, Buff) - If Ravens win at NE - I think they can run the table to 15-1 but probaby end up 14-2.

Even if they end up 13-3, the Jets would have to go 14-2 to gt the number 1 seed due to head to head loss.

Now, if you are a non believer, think the SOJ apply and are just praying to luck out to win the division - root against the Pats.

I think the Jets are shooting for the number 1 seed - hence I am rooting for the Pats.

19. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

very simple. root for the Ravens.

the ravens have trouble within their division and i think they'll lose to pittsburgh next time they play them with big ben in the lineup. I wouldn't be surprised if they lost to cinci who's had their number the past few years.

I rather have the patriots down and dejected and get some separation in the division.

I think NO will be better at the end of the season when pierre thomas and reggie bush come back also. They're not going to run the table. They got lucky in pittsburgh and almost lost to the browns.

Also, even if we have the same record as the Ravens, I think the head to head tiebreaker is quite a bit further down the list.

20. SuperBowl50

SuperBowl50 Member

Too early to think about 14-2/15-1. Ravens are good, but not THAT good. They have trouble against Cincy for some reason (lost 3 straight) and have trouble with the cream puffs. I think most Jets fans hate cheering for the PATS and would always rather see them lose. If this were week 14, it'd be a different story. There's plenty of time to cheer against the Ravens later. Cheer against the Pats now.