Randy Gregory fails drug test

Discussion in 'Draft' started by cgrec, Mar 26, 2015.

1. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

This.

If someone was on the fence, this will easily seal it for them. Marcus will be long gone.

2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I know, it's possible. I thought the same thing. We'll never know tho. But I started to think he was falling a little, and a guy like Beasly, and others were on the rise tho. I doubt we would've taken him in rd. 1, but he mighta done us a favor too. Can't pick him that high when he responds to the biggest event in his life by getting high beforehand, especially with it being deep at OLB

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Well considering the issues with Josh Gordon and marijuana [due to suspensions], I'd say it's a pretty big issue right now [for all the wrong reasons, I may add].

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Starting to look like Dion Jordan 2.0

5. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Justin Houston comes to mind. Same thing happened to him. He fell to the second because of it.

He was considered a top edge rushing prospect in that draft too. Only there wasn't as much depth at the position as there is this year.

So he could honestly fall hard, especially after having such a poor combine.

On the other side of things, those acting like this kid isn't worth being drafted is hilarious, he will be a stud. He is just young and dumb, these things tend to make you a better person in the end. Its not a big deal.

If they draft him in the second, its a major steal, even with all this extra stuff with him.

He is my second rated edge rusher, close to being my number one. He has amazing pass rushing moves and he is so flexible for a big guy, he will be a great pick for some team and I hope it's us.

6. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

While I think the whole suspension for weed thing is ridiculous, I think the whole Josh Gordon would keep me away from someone who fails a test at such a critical time.

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

8. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Exactly. I'm seeing a lot of posters/commentators talking about how it's "just weed" & then eventually a debate on the legalization of weed comes immediately afterwards. Whether you are pro or anti-weed, the guy has shown lack of either self-control or common sense. All these candidates know what's up at the combines. It's like somebody gives you questions for an exam beforehand and you still fail. Just a straight-up dumbass move.

GMs now need to evaluate what are the odds he will fail other off-the field incidents idiot tests. Also, how important is football to him vs. just collecting a check.

9. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

"McDooDoo"...LOL

10. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Byz invented that.

_

11. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Haven't seen a post from Byzlligerent in a hot minute. Did he get banned or something?

Red Menace likes this.
  12. joe

joe Well-Known Member

The combine wasn't the first time.

From NFL.com: In 2013 he transferred to Nebraska, where he officially tested positive for marijuana twice, in January 2014 and April 2014. Gregory said Nebraska officials told him he would be kicked off the team if he were to fail a third test.

So much for Mariota or Fowler possibly sliding to #6.

From the man who gave us McElroni. : )

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

1st, Cooper
    2nd, Gregory
    3rd, Hundley

RochesterJet likes this.
  14. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Yup--until draft time.

_

15. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Sounds like the pot stuff from college was already an issue, for the teams at any rate. Don't know if that was already info privy to the media.

I'm thinking he woulda slid a little anyway. Now he's gonna really drop prolly. There's guys rising @OLB & WR. Hard to say if it's gonna hurt us at 6, maybe not

16. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

This is a big deal considering Josh Gordon isn't playing these days and will be gone for another season u can't just waste picks on potential liabilities. CLE like us has been consistently horrible in drafts these past few years because they consistently bust on 1st and 2nd round picks. It sets your franchise back and as Jets fan we know this is the reason why weren't good over the past few seasons other than QB is that our 1st/2nd round picks haven't performed well,

Sheldon Richardson, Dee Milliner and Geno Smith-2013
    Quinton Couples and Stephen Hill-2012
    Muhammed WIlkerson-2011
    Kyle Wilson and Vlad Ducasse-2010
    Mark Sanchez-2009

Other than Wilk, Sheldon none of these players to me are in our long term plans. Couples is playing out of position as a LB, Dee can't stay healthy and Geno is well Geno. Everybody else isn't on the team anymore the jets can't waste picks.

17. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

No one will draft him now...Weed is unheard of in the NFL (eye roll)

18. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

He wouldn't drop passed Dallas if he was to drop any where far. Jerry has no morals lol.

This could kind of change the whole draft if this guy doesn't go top 5 as he was projected. Some teams chances to land their guy may get slimmer as their BPA will take a step forward with Gregory out the mix.

19. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

this is exactly it. i wouldnt take him, even in the second round. thats not the kind of player i want on my squad. the guy is not only an idiot, but if the people around him let him do it he is surrounding himself with idiots as well.

no thanks.

20. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

WE WANT SAPP!

xxedge72x likes this.