Rainy Sunday

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jaywayne12, Sep 25, 2009.

1. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Could be a rainy Sunday.

Storm could dump over an inch of rain by Sunday afternoon...starting Saturday night. They say it might end by noon..but others are calling for rain through the evening.

From the NWS:

Saturday Night: Rain, mainly after 1am. Patchy fog. Low around 53. Calm wind becoming east around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Sunday: Rain, mainly before noon. Patchy fog before noon. High near 71. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible

2. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

I rely on Weather.com and they are saying rain will begin 7pm Saturday and end 10am Sunday.

So we only have to tailgate in it for 2 hours from 8-10.. not bad.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

"rain mainly before noon"

so then it wont be during the game.

let the field get wet so CJ can't turn on the burners against this team.

4. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

Usually it's safe to bet on the OPPOSITE of whatever the weathermen are calling for so it wouldn't surprise me if the rain started at 10am Saturday and didn't end until 7pm Sunday.

5. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Hell, if it stops at 10, I'd hose the field down again just before kickoff to "wash everything down real good one more time." LOL

7. GreatSwamp

GreatSwamp Member

people better stay and not leave at half like the broncos game last year. i couldnt beileve how many empty seats there were at halftime of that game last year. if i recall we were down 24-14 which wasnt a good enough reason to leave. i know ill be there all day and all game regardless. everyone on here should do the same, just bring a poncho.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm not sure how long I would have lasted in the rain, watching such completely uninspired football as that team produced against Denver.

9. mst3000

mst3000 Member

Army surplus stores sell ponchos for a dollar. There's plenty of them in NJ.

10. GreatSwamp

GreatSwamp Member

your right. but bottom line is they wernt getting blown out and until cotchery missed that catch down the sideline with around 5 min left i felt they were still in the game. so i give props to those who stayed that game. anyway this is week 3, were playing a different brand of football lets all get there and be loud. rain or shine.

11. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Dude - that Bronco game wasn't the game to complain about fans in the stands. I've been to a lot of games - never experienced anything like that. I was lucky to be beneath the overhang and was still wet and cold.

That game was the "marino fake spike" game of the 2008 season. It was also the game that proved to all of us that Favre didn't care much for us. Cutler cared. Favre wanted to go home. I wanted to go home too, though not as much as Favre.

12. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

The rain will be gone by game time. Bank on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know my shit!!!!!!!!!!!

13. wexy

wexy Member

Since when is a weather right? The Lions have a better winning % than the meteorologists.