Quinnen Williams extended

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFanInNE, Jul 13, 2023.

1. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

meaningless stats for his position pretty much. He's the QB of a top 5 defense. Lots of his value gets hidden. it's like saying revis sucked because 0 INTs. or a QB who sees a weakness i the D, audibles to a run and the RB takes it for a 60 yard TD. sure the QB doesn't get the credit but they kinda should. thats why film trumps stats and players/coaches opinions trump fans because the amount of film they watch. Hell I probably watched over 100 hours of film and all 22 footage last year and even then I wouldn't even imagine saying I know more then the players or coaches.

you are cherry picking meaningless stats.it's like Q "only" had 12 sacks so any DE with more is better right? of course not. he's an IDL it's a different position and him garnering attention led us to the highest sack rate when he's on the field. some players have "elite intangibles" that don't show up in stats. you are discounting alot of what mosley did and arguing about sacks (he barely blitzed or rushed the passer at all, jets blitzed less then every team in the NFL) and INTs/passer rating (we mostly played zone so sometimes he's just the closest guy even if ti's not his fault) you just sound ignorant now.

He QB'd a top 5 defense. if a QB didn't throw for 4k yards and 40 TDs you wouldn't say he sucked if the offense was top 5. he's obviously doing something right. Not to mention all his peers, coaches, and the sports writers all felt he had a great year. but somehow you think your solo opinion with the least amount of info of all these people holds more weight? IDK what to even say to that other then enjoy living in your own world

3. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Ok man. Enjoy watching Mosley getting dragged 5 yards down field after initial contact. Or getting burned in coverage for the millionth time

4. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

His contract details just came out and they're interesting. Against the cap he counts $6 million in 2023, $20 million in 2024, $22 million in 2025, $26 million in 2026 and $30 million in 2027. This is essentially structued so it would cost less than to franchise him each of the next 3 years (franchising would actually cost more because a 2nd and 3rd year of franchising costs extra because the franchise cost goes up by 20% of prior year payments so 2025 would be $24 million and 2026 would be about $29 million). QW gets the guarantee and certainty over where he'd be, but the Jets actually save money over the cost of franchising him and the Jets can cut him before the 2027 season, since its not guaranteed and through 2026 they would have a good deal. They can also now franchise someone else those years. Another brilliant move by JD.

Jets79 and Acad23 like this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

I've seen a lot of dumb opinions in my life, but honestly calling someone who is the reigning 2nd team all pro as "washed" is by far the worst of them.
    even your comment here is typical "ignorant fan who's too drunk on sunday to know whats going on" rhetoric

abyzmul likes this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Mosley tells all the young guys where to line up, what to watch for, calls them out when they are dogging it oh yeah and he gets his nose in 150+ tackles

good luck replacing that with Zaire Barnes, I’m sure he was a quality player at Western Michigan whatever

some people just don’t know anything about the game

7. bicketybam

2nd team all pro. That's something. Looking forward to his continued stellar play.

8. bicketybam

Maybe he should be the linebackers coach.

cval likes this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

yes 2nd team all pro means top 3-4 at his position. washed means no longer good at all and detrimental to the team. if mosley is washed then there isn't more then 2 non washed LBers in the NFL

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I've seen some really stupid shit posted here over the years but someone flat out saying "2nd team all pro" in a post and then following it up with a statement implying that it means nothing is WAY up there.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Don't worry...
    The season has just gotten underway.

They'll be lots of dumb shit posted in the coming year.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

That's what's scary. We're at day 1 of camp and we have someone saying 2nd team all-pro doesn't mean anything. The bar is EXTREMELY high. Or low I guess?

GasedAndConfused and bicketybam like this.
  13. bicketybam

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The winner of The Dumbest Post of 2023 will receive a Mike F'n White t-shirt and dinner for two at the world famous Roscoe Diner.